Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1641651 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5355 on: November 16, 2015, 10:49:16 am »
Is this from a surviving Charlie Hebdo cartoonist?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5356 on: November 16, 2015, 10:53:07 am »
nope, but the style is similar. he looks youngish, so he may have been influenced by them. apparently, he posted this in the courrier picard today.

source: https://www.facebook.com/alex.depresse
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #5357 on: November 16, 2015, 11:26:48 am »

Well, when you can make a game out of "SJW or stormfag" I'd say that social justice being a codeword for Nazism isn't too far off the mark.

"The shitlords outside looked from transwoman to pigkin and ponykin to transnigger; but already it was impossible to say which was which"

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5358 on: November 16, 2015, 12:03:02 pm »
it seems the contrarian has failed to grasp a basic understanding of "horseshoe theory".

oh well, long time no see. how ya been?

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5359 on: November 16, 2015, 12:11:43 pm »
Oh good I guess he's finally gotten over Thatcher's death.  Welcome back troll boy!

Ironbite-so please tell us what you have for us this time.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5360 on: November 16, 2015, 04:04:34 pm »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5361 on: November 17, 2015, 09:16:11 am »

because of course charlie hebdo was gonna draw about it. here it is.

"they've got weapons. fuck 'em, we got champagne!"

here's another one for the americans:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:38:40 pm by guizonde »

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #5362 on: November 18, 2015, 05:02:20 am »
I'm a bit hesitant to put this cartoon here but there is no better thread for it since while it's not very good it's not horrible either. The reason I'm posting it is to comment on the reaction it received.

The Helsinki area parishes publish an online magazine called Valomerkki and it had this cartoon:

"Among the first people on the scene is the immigration critic."

After the cartoon was published the cartoonist started getting death threats. So, yeah. The anti-immigration assholes are trying to silence a cartoonist by harassing and threatening him. The magazine had to remove the cartoon from its social media accounts because it was too difficult to moderate the discussion. The editor refused to remove the cartoon from the site itself, though, explaining that that he himself has a critical opinion about the cartoon but he is not going to limit anyone's freedom of expression.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #5363 on: November 18, 2015, 11:47:53 am »
Okay, the "immigration critic" is lapping up the blood in frenzied "I told you so!" glee, right? That's dark, man. The worst of them are callous and blood thirsty, yup.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:53:13 am by mellenORL »
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5364 on: November 18, 2015, 12:03:42 pm »
Even before all the bodies had been recovered these immigration critics* really were writing in their blogs, twitters, FB and articles (if they manage to get them published) and proudly saying "I TOLD YOU SO!? DIDN'T I WARN YOU THIS WILL HAPPEN IF YOU LET THE TOWELHEADS INFEST EUROPE!!?!?!?!!?"

So this comic is quite truthful. And so far the only defense I've seen from "critics" for their actions is "...But we have been saying that this would happen? Why on Earth would gloating be wrong?" and then they bring up a comic showing people dancing on the graves of Breivik's victims and singing about how all Christians and white men are evil. (Though as far as I know that did not happen.)

* I wish to explain this term. Few years ago when a certain doctor and current politician started complaining about immigrants he wanted to make sure that people don't shut him down just by calling him a racist. Therefore he invented the term "immigration critic" to make it look like he was merely critical of the way immigration is handled. Unlike the most people who complained about immigrants he had a way with words and knew how to exploit graphs and statistics. He did gain a large following and some of the criticism that he and the others have made has a point AND some of the immigration critics weren't even racists. ...But mainly it's just a word used by racists who don't want to be called racists.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #5365 on: November 18, 2015, 12:08:18 pm »
Racist Immigration Critic. Genocide Ethnic Cleansing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5366 on: November 18, 2015, 04:14:53 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5367 on: November 18, 2015, 04:35:16 pm »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5368 on: November 18, 2015, 04:44:20 pm »

Context?
Dammit, part of it was missing.

Mike Huckabee on the threat of Syrian refugees: "We need to wake up and smell the falafel." http://on.cc.com/1QuHk7l

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5369 on: November 18, 2015, 04:52:43 pm »

Context?

You need context for Bill'O the Clown getting skewered on the Daily Show?