Author Topic: Good person test video.  (Read 15194 times)

Offline tempus

• Bishop
Re: Good person test video.
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2012, 08:43:47 am »
How to tell if you're damned according to Living Waters:  a flowchart:

Are you alive? --------> yes ---------------------------------------> no
  ^                                   |                                                       |
  |                                    |                                                       |
  |                                    V                                                      V
  |                                    You're Hosed.                Bullshit.  Can't answer if you're dead, dingus.
  |                                                                                              |                                                ^==========================================<                                                                     
I think it pretty well goes something like this.
                                                                                                |                                                                                    <
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:51:12 am by tempus »
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2012, 11:34:43 am »
I think I read once that Judas is in Hell, but unlike everyone else trapped down there, he gets vacation off.

Well, that would be thoughtful.
I based my knowledge on talks with a Bible study group in college. *shrug*

Shoulda known that crap was from a librul edjucashun!
-A Pen Name

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2012, 05:10:40 pm »
I think I read once that Judas is in Hell, but unlike everyone else trapped down there, he gets vacation off.

Well, that would be thoughtful.
I based my knowledge on talks with a Bible study group in college. *shrug*

Shoulda known that crap was from a librul edjucashun!
You know how those public schools work against religion - allowing multiple religous clubs, having a church on campus, allowing public Bible study and street preachers... Man, do they hate religion. Especially that religious studies department!

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 05:34:48 pm »
Honestly, while a bit on the preachy side, there isn't anything in that video that is really very controversial. It was a rather accurate depiction of basic Christian philosophy. One of the things to remember is that, at least in the example of a kid stealing a candy bar being a "thief" deserving of eternal damnation, standard Christian doctrine teaches that there is really only one sin; disobeying God. In that example, the child is condemned not because they stole the candy bar, but rather because they disobeyed God when he specifically said not to steal. I know it's kind of a technicality, but that's the way the reasoning goes.

But in the end, all religion is an attempt to put an undefinable and inconceivable concept into limited human terms. No matter how you spin it, any "god" defined in human terms in the context of the reality we live in is going to end up coming across as either a total douchebag or an unbelievable hypocrite, so the religious are faced with a choice of trying to insist that this is not the case, or admitting that, in the end, they are really just guessing.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2012, 08:57:20 pm »
How to tell if you're damned according to Living Waters:  a flowchart:

Are you alive? --------> yes ---------------------------------------> no
  ^                                   |                                                       |
  |                                    |                                                       |
  |                                    V                                                      V
  |                                    You're Hosed.                Bullshit.  Can't answer if you're dead, dingus.
  |                                                                                              |                                                ^==========================================<                                                                     
I think it pretty well goes something like this.
                                                                                                |                                                                                    <

What if I'm a ghost who's possessing somebody?

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2012, 12:15:38 am »
Bullshit. Ghosts can only possess inanimate objects.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2012, 12:30:00 am »
shows what you fucking know.

Ironbite-never ever challenge me on bullshit science.  I WILL FUCKING OWN YOUR VERY SOUL AND WEAR IT LIKE A SCARF!

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2012, 01:24:37 am »
Won't last, I'm like a boa constrictor .
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2012, 03:10:43 am »
You both owe me a new keyboard.  I sprayed Mountain Dew laughing.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 04:37:04 am »
Do robots count as inanimate objects, for purposes of possession?
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2012, 07:17:09 am »
If it can move, it is animate.
-A Pen Name