Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 843494 times)

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #795 on: August 04, 2012, 04:37:11 pm »
Does getting my lawn mowed in 100 degree weather without passing out count?

No, I don't have a riding lawn mower.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #796 on: August 04, 2012, 04:53:29 pm »
I must say, if you can save up enough money to get a riding mower, do so.  A good one pays for itself in the time and energy it saves.  Also wear light white sleeved dress shirt and a wide-brimmed straw hat.  You may look like Farmer Brown, but you will feel a helluva sight better.  Riding mower or not.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:55:53 pm by SpaceProg »

Offline myusername

• Bishop
« Reply #797 on: August 04, 2012, 05:53:37 pm »
Team GB just got 6 Gold medals in 1 day in the Olympics! 2 Rowing medals (Men's Four & Women's Leightweight double sculls) 1 in cycling (Women's Team Pursuit), 3 in athletics (Jess Ennis in the heptathlon, Greg Rutherford in the long jump and Mo Farah in the 10, 000m). Also a silver in the men's lightweight double sculls and through to the tennis mixed doubles final. :)
29 total medals for Great Britain now which is brilliant.

On the minus side the football team lost on penalties (predictable eh)?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #798 on: August 04, 2012, 08:17:39 pm »
I may be getting work as early as tomorrow...doing some housework for a member of a local non-profit my ma's a part of, stuff like painting rooms and stripping linoleum.  The lady I'm workin for is offering my bro and I $20/hr, and she said she likely has enough to keep us busy for a week.

So, I'm thinkin, 5 hours a day for 7 days...could work out to near $700.  Combine that with her spreading the word to other members of the organization, it could turn into even more work for us.  And they're almost all middle-aged white ladies with too much money and too little fortitude.

Please, let this turn into a source of sweet, sweet lucre.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #799 on: August 05, 2012, 02:03:17 am »
Got to meet up with some of my best friends from high school. Good to know we're all moving on with life but still close enough to share jokes and cheap shots at each other.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #800 on: August 05, 2012, 03:12:12 am »
I was at a graduation party today and heard a man say "It's like playing Russian Roulette- whoever whines the most gets what he wants."

Sir... That's not how Russian Roulette works. At all.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #801 on: August 05, 2012, 04:02:17 am »
I was at a graduation party today and heard a man say "It's like playing Russian Roulette- whoever whines the most gets what he wants."

This was a good thing?

On topic: Made a ninja style run through the store at work today. Vaulted over shopping carts and slid under one customer's arm. Haven't had that much fun since my first go at parkour.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 04:06:13 am by Mechtaur »

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #802 on: August 05, 2012, 07:07:43 am »
I started watching Breaking Bad. Excellent show.
I was considering taking a lookse at that show last afternoon. It does look rather spiffy.

Do so. It's quite good.

Agreed, but just remember that when it is slow, it is very slow, and when it is exciting it is very exciting (i.i. slog through the slow ones because the good ones are fucking awesome)

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #803 on: August 05, 2012, 10:57:29 am »

This was a good thing?

It made me laugh.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #804 on: August 05, 2012, 07:12:10 pm »
Althought I'm still feeling the effects of my cold, last night was the first night in over a week that I got a full 8 hours.  Before that, even with Niquil (which I hate taking, along with pretty much every medicine), I'd only get about 4 hours a night.

Well last night, I took just under a full dose and lay on the couch to watch TV.  I remember watching the Top 100 Video Games when next thing I know, American Ninja Warrior was on.  I looked at the clock and it was 5 minutes until my alarm was to go off.

I don't even remember closing my eyes!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #805 on: August 05, 2012, 07:14:03 pm »
Uni starts up again today, and the classes look quite challenging. Pretty excited to take it on
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #806 on: August 06, 2012, 12:06:30 am »
Come Wednesday, I may end up on the jury for a ten week trial. I'm not sure why so many people dislike jury duty. In my state at least, the money is really nothing to sneeze at and there's free coffee.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #807 on: August 06, 2012, 08:23:19 pm »
It's not just today, but I've been in my home town (San Diego) since Friday, and have seen some of my closest friends from high school on Saturday. It's nice to know we're still close, and willing to jump through all sorts of hurdles to support one another. Also a Saturday thing, my mom's hooked me up with a job as a porter/temp agent for apartments through a place she used to work for. I'm going to call them when I get back in town, and then my year+ of unemployment should be coming to an end! :D
Also, yesterday was a surprise party for my cousin's 18th birthday, and my uncle (the one who disowned me over religious opinions) is finally acting normal again :D We talked, played games, and I had my first actual burger in over a decade. It was quite nice. I also had a long conversation with my grandpa about music and technology.
Then, today, I saw another friend from HS, and we won tickets to an advance screening of Bourne Legacy for tomorrow night. She also discussed visiting for a weekend once I've got a job and can afford to do things again. That's going to be equal parts strange and fun, but isn't that how the best things in life always are?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #808 on: August 06, 2012, 08:56:25 pm »
I finally got a chance to get a bra fitting today(they do it in the lingerie dept. at my job), it feels nice to have a proper fitting bra, I'm a 38 D.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #809 on: August 06, 2012, 09:48:38 pm »
I finally got a chance to get a bra fitting today(they do it in the lingerie dept. at my job), it feels nice to have a proper fitting bra, I'm a 38 D.

I've always wondered if I'm buying the proper size. I'd like a fitting, too.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades