Author Topic: Muslim prayer against NFL rules  (Read 4958 times)

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
Re: Muslim prayer against NFL rules
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 04:41:07 pm »
Immediately after the game, the player said that he thought he had been penalized because he slid onto his knees before the prayer, not for the prayer itself.  I'm not sure that it makes much of a difference, but I at least like that he is the kind of person that sees the best in others.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 05:17:04 pm »
Yeah, you can play pro ball and still be a gentleman, yet.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 01:05:00 am »
Goodel needs to be fired.

Ironbite-now.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 07:14:18 pm »
There is something troublesome in many sport leagues. If nothing else at least I have noticed a very agressive behaviour against anything that goes outside the "norm" in the sports culture.

People being persecuted for belonging to the wrong ethnic, religious or sexual group... Some time ago a retired Finnish Ice hockey player commented that there are absotulely no homosexual players because "only manly men" can play such a sport.

Meanwhile, in Bear-Land....
"HEY, BIFF!...."

"...HOCKEY BOY SAYS WE'RE NOT MANLY, ENOUGH!"
*Derisive Laughter Ensues*

Hell, even "unmanly" gays can be pretty badass.  Many effeminate guys, whatever their sexuality, become good fighters to defend themselves against bullying.

Oh yes! Badass can apply to ANYBODY! IMHO, there's nothing cooler than a femmy "prettyboy" or beautiful girl who can kick butt! An effete gay guy as "Mr. Action" would be "Mr. Awesome".