Author Topic: Rick Perry Indicted  (Read 5605 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Rick Perry Indicted
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 04:47:18 pm »
Isn't this the same idiot who had every clinic in his state closed except for those owned by his sister?  And he's accusing others of abuse of power?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 04:56:19 pm »
My laughter has reached over 9000!

Bwahahahahaaaa!

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 02:34:59 am »
As humorous as this is, we all know that he wont see a second of prison time. He like all politically connected people will pull a few strings and pay a couple of bribes and will walk out smelling like roses with a perfect not guilty record. Which he will probably then use to claim that he is against those evil big government types who would abuse power to hurt honest republicans and gain more approval to become the republican nominee.

Its a sick game, but the chance of a crime sticking is inversely related to the wealth of the individual.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 02:44:23 am »
As humorous as this is, we all know that he wont see a second of prison time. He like all politically connected people will pull a few strings and pay a couple of bribes and will walk out smelling like roses with a perfect not guilty record. Which he will probably then use to claim that he is against those evil big government types who would abuse power to hurt honest republicans and gain more approval to become the republican nominee.

Its a sick game, but the chance of a crime sticking is inversely related to the wealth of the individual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Blagojevich
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 11:09:28 am »

"We don't settle political differences with indictments in this country," Perry said.

I would like to point you to Illinois, Governor...

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 09:07:45 pm »
It's not about political differences in this case.  It's a serious charge of abuse of power.

Ironbite-Perry doesn't see it like that because he's an idiot.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 10:42:24 pm »
Here's a new development:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/31/rick-perry-deleted-tweet_n_5745680.html

Someone with access to Texas Gov. Rick Perry's Twitter account sent out an image on Sunday night mocking the figure at the center of the abuse-of-power accusations that led to an indictment against him.

The tweet, which has since been deleted, showed an image of Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg, who was arrested on drunk driving charges in April 2013, and the following words:

"I don't always drive drunk at 3x the legal blood alcohol limit... But when I do, I indict Gov. Perry for calling me out about it. I am the most drunk Democrat in Texas."

The phrasing is a play on "The Most Interesting Man In The World" beer commercials, which have since become an Internet meme.

Lehmberg, who pleaded guilty in the case, did not indict Perry. He was indicted by a grand jury after an investigation by Michael McCrum, the special prosecutor appointed in the case.

Perry or someone acting on his behalf deleted the tweet, but it was preserved and retweeted by several others, including Evan Smith, editor-in-chief of The Texas Tribune:

Just for the record, here's the offending picture:

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 01:43:01 am »
That's not....good to do.