Author Topic: Worrying about other people's bedrooms  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Yla

• The Beast
Worrying about other people's bedrooms
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:32:26 am »
Last Friday, German President Christian Wulff stepped down due to him being investated for accepting favors. The opposition quickly put forward their candidate from 2010, former East German civil rights activist Joachim Gauck, and the FDP broke ranks to support him, leaving Chancellor Merkel no choice but to accept 'her' candidate's rival in the last presidental election. Gauck's election is now just a formality, him having the support from every party but the Left (which has problems with the 'East German dissident' part)

Now Joachim Gauck lives separated from his wife since '91 and has a 12-year relationship with journalist Daniela Schadt. And for people like Norbert Geis, we can't have that, can we, at least not without marrying her.
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/0,1518,816585,00.html
It would be in the interest of Mr. Gauck himself to sort his personal circumstances as quickly as possible, so there is no vulnerability presented in this regard
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Worrying about other people's bedrooms
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:44:14 am »
What the hell, Deutschland?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 05:00:41 am »
Last Friday, German President Christian

My tired brain read that as "German President Clinton". "Das depends on vat your definition of ist ist."
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 07:40:20 am »
Last Friday, German President Christian

My tired brain read that as "German President Clinton". "Das depends on vat your definition of ist ist."

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 08:18:05 am »
blockquote]It would be in the interest of Mr. Gauck himself to sort his personal circumstances as quickly as possible, so there is no vulnerability presented in this regard[/blockquote]

Is it just me, or is Mr. Gauck’s only real vulnerability due to his being separated one to being accused of having a vulnerability due to his being separated?
-A Pen Name

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 04:40:26 pm »
It would be in the interest of Mr. Gauck himself to sort his personal circumstances as quickly as possible, so there is no vulnerability presented in this regard

Is it just me, or is Mr. Gauck’s only real vulnerability due to his being separated one to being accused of having a vulnerability due to his being separated?
It's self-insurance due to being one step removed. Geis isn't attacking him for being in an unmarried relationship, he's pointing out that he's attackable for it. Which is almost the same thing, but you can't fault Geis for it.

Actually, you can. Most of Berlin is telling him to shut up. Vice Chancellor Westerwelle calls his critique 'bad style'.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 01:26:30 pm »

It's self-insurance due to being one step removed. Geis isn't attacking him for being in an unmarried relationship, he's pointing out that he's attackable for it. Which is almost the same thing, but you can't fault Geis for it.

Actually, you can. Most of Berlin is telling him to shut up. Vice Chancellor Westerwelle calls his critique 'bad style'.

Exactly. It is the same thing as the “Just asking questions” smear tactic.
-A Pen Name

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 10:40:51 pm »
Eh, just make him blame the Jews and offer a "solution" to the problem.

That couldn't have disasterous consequences, should it?
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 11:09:12 pm »

Have a "fuck yeah!" for that.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 12:24:45 am »
Yay!
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)