Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 632383 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #1665 on: February 10, 2013, 10:10:12 am »
The outrage is probably mostly because the whole humans in equestria or vice versa just sounds like every awful fanfiction plot out there. Seriously hoping that concept art ain't real.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1666 on: February 10, 2013, 10:17:54 am »
I think the issue is basically what Bob said.  That sounds like Beastmaster 2/Lords of Magick
Also Hasbro had thrown Transformers under the bus before with some of the toys (looking at you powerizer gimmick)

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #1667 on: February 10, 2013, 11:31:23 am »
Also Hasbro had thrown Transformers under the bus before with some of the toys (looking at you powerizer gimmick)

Hasbro threw Transformers under the bus, then marketed the bus as a new Transformer. They promptly found a new, bigger bus to throw that one under.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1668 on: February 10, 2013, 12:21:54 pm »
The idea of the mane 6 turning into humans...this is even more of a "meh" idea than the whole let's make Twilight into a Alicorn stuff.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1669 on: February 10, 2013, 02:01:02 pm »
I'm...

...actually leaning towards "positive" with this.

Even if it's Hasbro going "Lolz, more toyz, here have a plot dumped in your lap", I'm positive that the writers can take almost anything Hasbro can throw at them and turn it into something good.

(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1670 on: February 10, 2013, 02:38:05 pm »
I'm...

Even if it's Hasbro going "Lolz, more toyz, here have a plot dumped in your lap", I'm positive that the writers can take almost anything Hasbro can throw at them and turn it into something good.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1671 on: February 10, 2013, 02:46:44 pm »
I'm...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1672 on: February 10, 2013, 03:18:14 pm »
ugh, Tori Spelling.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #1673 on: February 10, 2013, 03:33:32 pm »
I really don't care if it's a ploy for selling toys. MLP was basically a ploy for selling toys right from the start, but it turned out good anyway.

That concept art though. DO NOT WANT. They look like Bratz dolls. Just... no.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1674 on: February 10, 2013, 03:40:46 pm »
No, Bratz dolls are way worse looking. At least in the concept art, they don't look like they have lips pumped up beyond belief with collagen, like Bratz dolls do.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1675 on: February 11, 2013, 04:45:34 pm »
I'm going to be honest, that last episode was just awful on me. Just so cringe worthy moments coupled with everything else.

The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1676 on: February 11, 2013, 05:58:25 pm »
No, Bratz dolls are way worse looking. At least in the concept art, they don't look like they have lips pumped up beyond belief with collagen, like Bratz dolls do.

The thing that kills me are the complaints of how "generic" they look.  Okay, following that logic, the actual show must suck balls because there's TONS of generic copy-pasta'd official art things out there of the ACTUAL CURRENT SHOW.  That generic artwork has NO bearing on the actual show quality, however.

I'm not saying the image is real.  I'm just saying that the argument that the art looks "generic" is a really poor one and that treating that as a metric for judgment is horrible.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #1677 on: February 11, 2013, 06:03:32 pm »
I'm going to be honest, that last episode was just awful on me. Just so cringe worthy moments coupled with everything else.

My friend and I had the same opinion.  The episode ended, and we were too unimpressed to even acknowledge it with a "meh".  I missed parts because it failed to hold my interest well enough in places to keep me from checking e-mails.  There was just... nothing to the episode.  There was no point.  And as soon as they dragged off the green pony without anyone actually confirming who she was, I instantly knew this was going to be one of those "mistaken identity" stories.  And I hate hate haaaaaaate stories completely predicated on the cast being utter morons.  Pinkie was even more excessively Flanderized than she has been this season (and she's been downright insufferable this season.  She was solely responsible for preventing "Wonderbolts Academy" from receiving top marks).  And the moral at the end didn't seem to have anything to do with the actual story.  The moral should have been "confirm someone's identity before you run off with them", not "don't overindulge yourself trying to live vicariously through other people", since I didn't feel the latter moral at all.

Also, what was with Twilight's random breathing exercises?  There was absolutely nothing leading up to them, it was just, "Okay, Twilight's suddenly not so high-strung anymore", but it didn't really seem to go with anything else that was going on.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1678 on: February 11, 2013, 07:54:55 pm »
Also, what was with Twilight's random breathing exercises?  There was absolutely nothing leading up to them, it was just, "Okay, Twilight's suddenly not so high-strung anymore", but it didn't really seem to go with anything else that was going on.

...If you had been paying attention, you would've seen it was a trick she picked up from Cadence very early in the episode.

Also, I hate mistaken identity plots, and I found the episode enjoyable in spite of it >_>

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1679 on: February 11, 2013, 10:13:55 pm »
truthfully I thought it was okay better then most this season.  Truthfully 3 eps I skipped mostly snce I hate seing spike get beat up.  Side note he should have been there