Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 635389 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #2265 on: September 28, 2013, 02:41:26 am »
bwahaha.  Good one, John!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2266 on: September 28, 2013, 02:45:32 am »
I agree XD

(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #2267 on: September 28, 2013, 03:19:52 am »
I agree XD

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2268 on: September 28, 2013, 03:25:37 am »
(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2269 on: September 29, 2013, 06:56:13 am »
Apparently you better watch out mentioning ponies in the workplace, that shit can get you fired

EDIT:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwxuMMlAbAQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwxuMMlAbAQ</a>
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 01:03:04 pm by Dakota Bob »

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2270 on: September 29, 2013, 02:38:52 pm »
Apparently you better watch out mentioning ponies in the workplace, that shit can get you fired
Wow, that's really fucked up. This is why I don't talk about ponies (or just about anything from my private life) at work. I don't think my bosses would fire me over it, but you never know how people would react.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwxuMMlAbAQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwxuMMlAbAQ</a>
That was so sweet! I gotta admit, I have a little (platonic!) crush on Flufflepuff.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2271 on: September 30, 2013, 05:54:33 am »
Wow, that's really fucked up. This is why I don't talk about ponies (or just about anything from my private life) at work. I don't think my bosses would fire me over it, but you never know how people would react.
I was talking about this with a friend of mine and she suggested that the guy is better off not working there anymore. If your coworkers will harass you over something you do then it is a sign that you do not fit in. Personally I don't think that firing those who are bullied is the proper response to bullying at work but she does have a point, if all of your coworkers are assholes then you will not enjoy that job.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #2272 on: September 30, 2013, 07:09:56 pm »
Actually, it's been pretty much determined to be bullshit, guys.  The article's THAT vague and the basis for it comes from Reddit, the OTHER home of "Cool story, bro"?

Nopony with any sense is buying it for a second.

Formerly Priestling

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2273 on: October 09, 2013, 03:02:30 pm »
Anybody seen those Return of Harmony episodes in Japanese? the guy that does Discord is fantastic.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #2274 on: October 09, 2013, 07:06:56 pm »
Anybody seen those Return of Harmony episodes in Japanese? the guy that does Discord is fantastic.
Chiba Shigeru.  He did Kefka's voice in Final Fantasy Dissidia.  I know Discord was specifically written as a Q expy, but damn if he doesn't work just as well as Kefka, too.  XD

I was also pretty tickled that Prince Blueblood was Koyasu Takehito.  I immediately had flashbacks to Hotohori in "Fushigi Yuugi":  "I'm so beautiful, it's scary."  "I cannot gaze upon ugly people."

Also extremely happy they dubbed "At The Gala" after they'd just left "Winter Wrap-Up" and "Art of the Dress" in English with Japanese subtitles.  Hopefully it means those two songs were just flukes and they'll be dubbing the rest of the big musical numbers in S2 (I can't wait to hear the "Smile" song in Japanese.  They've dubbed all of Pinkie's songs so far, so that one's a pretty safe bet to get a dub).

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2275 on: October 09, 2013, 11:16:24 pm »
Coming soon to Build-a-Bear: Fluttershy!

My heart just skipped a beat.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #2276 on: October 11, 2013, 10:16:53 am »
Coming soon to Build-a-Bear: Fluttershy!

My heart just skipped a beat.

*squeaky smile!*

Also, Chiba Shigeru? He's the Doctor in Super Sentai Kyoryuger.  We were kinda dying in a livestream when we figured it out.

Formerly Priestling

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2277 on: October 17, 2013, 10:46:01 pm »
Welp my package finally arrived that had the Funko Comic Con clear edition Dash and Derpy.
..And the Dash is just a normal dash figurine.  Even the sticker on the bottom says that it's supposed to be the clear edition. Ha.

In other news, here's a picture of Outer Cloudsdale, a small parcel I've been making in Second Life.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2278 on: October 20, 2013, 01:15:33 pm »
When Twilight went all alicorny, there was a lot of speculation that she was immortal now and would outlive her friends. The writers assured us that no, Twilight wasn't going to outlive her friends. The fan reaction was "Phew, she's not immortal." But I was thinking, "That's not what they said. It's also possible that they'll ALL eventually become immortal."

And now a picture of a chinese toy of Fluttershy with a horn has been leaked. Show inaccurate foreign knockoff, or alicorn six?

Personally, I hope they don't go that route, because making that many alicorns would kind of cheapen it. Also, I think it made sense for Twilight, but wouldn't fit with the other characters' personalities & character arcs.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #2279 on: October 21, 2013, 10:14:01 pm »
When Twilight went all alicorny, there was a lot of speculation that she was immortal now and would outlive her friends. The writers assured us that no, Twilight wasn't going to outlive her friends. The fan reaction was "Phew, she's not immortal." But I was thinking, "That's not what they said. It's also possible that they'll ALL eventually become immortal."

And now a picture of a chinese toy of Fluttershy with a horn has been leaked. Show inaccurate foreign knockoff, or alicorn six?

Personally, I hope they don't go that route, because making that many alicorns would kind of cheapen it. Also, I think it made sense for Twilight, but wouldn't fit with the other characters' personalities & character arcs.

And of course, M A Larson being the trollies troll that ever trolled that he is, said on his Twitter:  "Why's everyone getting upset over Alicorn Fluttershy? Twilight has to have someone to attend all those funerals with!"

Formerly Priestling