Author Topic: More proof that Christianity is true.  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
More proof that Christianity is true.
« on: November 09, 2018, 07:40:46 am »
Today at college, the elevator opened and nobody was there. That proves that God had the elevator door open so that I could make a post about it to convert you guys to Christianity.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: More proof that Christianity is true.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 08:02:20 am »
Today at college, the elevator opened and nobody was there. That proves that God had the elevator door open so that I could make a post about it to convert you guys to Christianity.
It smells of oak and vinegar in here.

Must be the bottom of the barrel.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 08:03:54 am »

How do you explain how the elevator door opened if nobody was there?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 08:10:17 am »

Everyone inside knew you were getting on and hurled themselves down the elevator shaft to escape?

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 09:42:41 am »
I think you may be on to something there. Yesterday I hoped I wouldn't slip on wet leaves. And I didn't! Clearly goddidit! If you'll excuse me, I'm off to install the rightful heir to the throne of Monaco. Y'all need anything while I'm out?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 05:02:13 pm »

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. We don't have to explain anything. We aren't here to prove or disprove anything, you are. The onus is on you to prove your claims to those who don't believe you. You need to structure your arguments so that they would convince non-believers, which by the way means you can't use evidence from sources that said non-believers don't believe in. However, since you do believe in said sources (I'm talking about the Bible), they can use evidence in said sources that goes against your argument against you. It's mean and one-sided and kind of unfair, but as Christian conservatives are so fond of saying, life isn't fair.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 08:00:06 pm »

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. We don't have to explain anything. We aren't here to prove or disprove anything, you are. The onus is on you to prove your claims to those who don't believe you. You need to structure your arguments so that they would convince non-believers, which by the way means you can't use evidence from sources that said non-believers don't believe in. However, since you do believe in said sources (I'm talking about the Bible), they can use evidence in said sources that goes against your argument against you. It's mean and one-sided and kind of unfair, but as Christian conservatives are so fond of saying, life isn't fair.

I agree that the burden of proof is on me. But when I do give proof with valid evidence and from good sources, there needs to be explanations on why the proof is not valid in order for the proof to be refuted.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 08:14:22 pm »
A person not querying claims in the way you want does not render your claims valid or true. The onus is on you!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 08:28:37 pm »
A person not querying claims in the way you want does not render your claims valid or true. The onus is on you!

True. But you still need to explain why you still don’t believe in spite of the proof shown.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 10:17:05 pm »

True. But you still need to explain why you still don’t believe in spite of the proof shown.
No I don't. I owe you squat!