Author Topic: Webcomics  (Read 3005 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Webcomics
« on: November 03, 2012, 09:50:38 pm »
I decided to make this thread since it seems many of us like them, there have been serveral different threads on some of them individually and we can collect them all here. So what are everyone's favorite webcomics, if you have any??
Here are two of my favorites:

Joe Loves Crappy Movies(Sadly it isn't updated as much as it used to be)

Blue Milk Special
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 12:35:21 am by Nicki »

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
Re: Webcomics
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:33:16 pm »
JL8 About the Justice League as little kids.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 12:42:49 pm »
I'm following a few webcomics they are pretty good

The Princess a webcomic about a trans girl named Sarah http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Princess/5186771/

Seed a fantasy webcomic http://www.seed-comic.com/

Offline Normandy

• Pope
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 03:29:04 pm »
Buttersafe is my favorite webcomic and doesn't seem to have nearly the readership it deserves.

I also enjoy Cyanide & Happiness and xkcd.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 08:53:14 pm »
To be honest, I dislike a lot of Webcomics. It's usually the same shit every time. Mediocre, boring artwork, a storyline that feels like it was just done in one quick draft, plain bread or unlikable characters, walls of text, copying the style of other, popular Webcomics, generally stuff which makes me think the author put little to no effort into. Hell, there are several Webcomics that don't even stoop above those pitfalls. It's like Fan-Fiction, where the entire medium defines Sturgeon's Law (i.e. "90% of [everything] is crap"). Of course, there is that 10% that stands above the pitfalls of Webcomic Hell, or those comics where its suck makes the work charming. Here's a few I feel like saying kind things of:

One of the few Webcomics I loved reading years ago was Neglected Charaters, a comic that may look awful (more so in a Stylistic Suck fashion), but keep in mind that this was the first Sprite Comic ever. Yes, long before Bob & George and 8-Bit Theatre made everyone want to do their own Sprite Comics, while sadly leading this movement to a quick, pathetic end as the creative liberties were dreadfully limited and new authors simply copied the rhythms of those comics. It's a shame the original author retired - while leaving it to another person - and it updates irregularly. (Warning: The original site - which the link does not direct to - was plagued by ads and had to be moved to a new address. I'm not sure how safe the new site is, since I'm protected by NoScript and Adblock, so proceed with caution.)

If you want a serious comic, and one that looks good, I would suggest Cucumber Quest. While I sadly never caught up with the story, the artwork for this comic is absolutely outstanding, like no other Webcomic I've read (as I said, I think a lot of Webcomics have sub-par artwork). The comic gives me those same vibes of joy I feel from the Paper Mario series, where it starts off as some cliché storm, only to unravel itself with lampshade hanging and a few silly members of the cast to boot. If there was a Webcomic I would truly recommend, Cucumber Quest is my pick.

And while this is not a Webcomic, rather "Web Original" (it's a collection of the OP's posts on 4Chan's /tg/ board), if such examples counts, there's Ruby Quest. While the artwork is childish, the whole story it pretty creepy, making its effortless artwork perverse. I also find it funny that not many people who read Ruby Quest even know that the cast are based on villagers from the Animal Crossing series (and it should be noted its popularity amoungst its fandom). I also consider this one of the few good things to have came out of 4Chan (*coughthosegratingmemesIfuckinghadenoughofalreadycough*). And since this was originally a thread on 4Chan, expect perverted hermits to offer juvenile requests (just as asking Ruby to "schlick furiously" or to have sex with Tom) while the author had to deal with them. Also realize this story is not for everyone, as it contains content that can be considered disturbing, so other than the typical 4Chan juvenilia, don't read this at work.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:21:44 am by Alehksu Kihdo »

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 05:06:06 am »
I used to read a lot of webcomics, but I only follow two regularly these days.

Freefall is a hard sci-fi comic centering around a straight laced genetically modified anthropomorphic wolf engineer and her starship captain, a larcenous alien squid wearing a prosthetic suit. They live on a colony planet that is in the process of terraforming. The strip manages to have a long, involving storyline and incorporate some form of humor in almost every update. Really impressive for a three-panel format. It updates M/W/F.

http://freefall.purrsia.com/

The other one is called Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic. It's an affectionate parody of D&D with an episodic format. The cast is large, but pretty well developed since it focuses on small groups of characters at a time. It updates daily.

http://yafgc.net/
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 06:21:08 pm »
Uh....*looks at his webcomic folder in bookmarks*

Ironbite-I read a lot of webcomics.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 07:15:30 pm »
Gunnerkrigg Court is really good.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 08:29:48 pm »
Cept the current storyline is weird.

Ironbite-I mean...Jones has been here forever apparently.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 08:50:45 pm »
I read Sinfest sometimes. I really like the Criminy/Fuchsia arc, it was incredibly d'aww-worthy, but this current Patriarchy arc got very old very fast.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!