Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 567461 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #1140 on: July 30, 2012, 12:52:04 pm »

;D

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1141 on: July 30, 2012, 05:21:45 pm »
So... I know it's short notice, but for any of the writers here, I'm starting up NaPoWriMo again for this year.  August 1st through 31st.  Unless you're submitting to EqD, in which case those submission guidelines apply, there's no real content restriction.  Simply try for 50,000 words in 31 days.

Anypony interested?
...what on earth does NaPoWriMo mean? o.o;

National Pony Writing Month!

It's based off of National Novel Writing Month, which takes place in November and of which I'm a 13-year participant.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1142 on: July 31, 2012, 12:18:51 pm »
Ok, this is going to be a semi-rant. Are you happy now, Priestling?? I love you dude, but people who don't like the show don't give a rat's ass who does the voices on the show, and nothing will change their minds. Now we have what looks like a stupid thread derailment, and someone who decided to label  fans "man-children"(which some do act that way, to be fair). Did we not learn anything from ponygate, some months ago??

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:44:58 pm by nickiknack »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1143 on: July 31, 2012, 03:20:13 pm »
So are we blaming people for others overreacting to them?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1144 on: July 31, 2012, 05:13:27 pm »
I'm not blaming anyone, but Priestling should know that non pony fans don't give a flying rats ass about the show or any of the voice actors attached to the show and should at least know that non pony fans can be dicks about the show, and like to label most fans as being douchebags. I don't mean to come off as a bitch.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #1145 on: July 31, 2012, 05:44:26 pm »
I just ignore it, Nick.  Love and tolerate, that's all I do :3 If I show the show to a friend and they don't get into it, I don't badger them about it, and I limit my pony references around them to keep the annoyance to them down.  I don't hold it against anypony.  They're entitled to their opinions, even if they happen to be semi-hostile about it.  I treat them like I would Trixie, Gilda, or Blueblood.  Smile, nod, be pleasant, and don't let them bother you.  I've rather taken up the policy 'what would Celestia do?'
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #1146 on: July 31, 2012, 07:14:53 pm »
Priestling isn't being obnoxious with the references.  If other people want to be obnoxious with their responses, that is not his problem.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1147 on: July 31, 2012, 07:16:37 pm »
Seriously, it's like you can't even mention the word "pony" outside of this thread without people whining for several posts about how it's being shoved down their throat.

Kinda telling when one post is met with 9 posts of complaint.  Meaning the dislikers are actually talking about it more than the likers ;D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #1148 on: July 31, 2012, 09:12:24 pm »
If it helps, that means more press for us because folks will watch to see what all the fuss is about, and we just smile and nod and ignore the hate.  Either they'll give up, or we win them over with love and tolerance.

Formerly Priestling

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1149 on: July 31, 2012, 09:22:14 pm »
So the show is now on during Prime Time, although I think it's just Tuesdays.  I think that's kinda neat, personally.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1150 on: August 01, 2012, 01:47:05 am »
AWESOME FAN MUSIC VIDEO

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDdL4z5qfr4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDdL4z5qfr4</a>
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #1151 on: August 01, 2012, 09:58:36 am »
Someone dissed MLP.
Someone defended it.

I don't see the issue? Did some posts get deleted? The thread discusses people's opinions on shows that should be cancelled. I don't read it since I got annoyed after two pages, but isn't the point of such threads to sometimes have a little back and forth. I don't believe a handfull of posts on the subject of the quality of a show in a relevant thread constitutes a "derail." I'd definately watch out to make sure it doesn't become too focused, but it turned to a few jokes rather quickly, so... not seeing the dealy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz2hsvByNno" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz2hsvByNno</a>

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1152 on: August 01, 2012, 11:42:38 am »
Yeah, I make a mountain out of a molehill sometimes, but I don't like to step on people's toes over trivial matters. I'm one of those people who can be a worrywart about how people view me IRL and it does spill over onto the internet sometimes( funny, eh??), it's really something I have to work on. So, I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:55:10 am by nickiknack »

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1153 on: August 01, 2012, 04:06:01 pm »
You know, I have two ideas for fanfictions tha tI want to mention, although I don't know if they'll ever go anywhere.

The first would involve Scootaloo and Fluttershy and somehow relate to Scootaloo's inability to fly.

The second would use some kind of plot point to turn Rainbow Dash, Twilight, and Pinkie into like, astral versions of themselves or something.  I dunno.  I guess the my idea would be taking the glittering pony blind bags and putting them in a canon story.

As you can see, the fanfics are in rough idea territory right now.  Also, I've never really completed other fanfic ideas and worked them good enough to be their own stories, so I doubt these will ever get off the ground.  Bleh, this is why I'm not really a fanfic writer.

Although I do think it would be interesting if a Scootaloo issue focused on her inability to fly.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:12:07 pm by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1154 on: August 01, 2012, 04:22:29 pm »

Although I do think it would be interesting if a Scootaloo issue focused on her inability to fly.

I don't really get why she can't fly. Is it only her? Pound Cake would fly and he's a baby.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.