Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1648369 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #2670 on: July 20, 2013, 11:31:10 pm »
People who have been to space and especially the moon don't nice things like boarders etc

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #2671 on: July 20, 2013, 11:33:56 pm »
Yes, they hate it when people rent rooms.  Absolutely loathe it.

Just joshin' ya.  Yeah, it's a great sentiment.  Pity he came unhinged later on.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2672 on: July 21, 2013, 12:18:54 am »
People who have been to space and especially the moon don't nice things like boarders etc

I have no idea what that sentence means.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2673 on: July 21, 2013, 12:29:12 am »
People who have been to space, and especially the moon, don't notice things like boarders, etc.

I have no idea what that sentence means.
I can't see the picture in question, but I'm assuming it's the one of Buzz Aldrin and various world leaders looking at Earth from the moon. In which case, my correction probably makes more sense.
...I don't get it.
Again, assuming I'm getting the gist from Kefkaownsall's sentence, Aldrin's line in the comic is a quote. The astronaut was marveling at how petty and insignificant our political squabbles seem when you're 250k/mi away from Earth, and how he would love to drag our world leaders to the moon and tell them to "Look at that, you son of a bitch".

Unless the comic in question is different than what I think it is. In which case, ignore me and my attempts to be smart.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2674 on: July 21, 2013, 12:36:12 am »
That was actually my impression, too.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2675 on: July 21, 2013, 01:09:33 am »
That was the comic

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #2676 on: July 21, 2013, 01:21:27 am »
It's a quote from Edgar Mitchell, who was part of the crew of Apollo 14 (and by inference, he's the astronaut in the picture). 

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.”

Guy's completely off his rocker in a lot of ways, but he got that one right.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2677 on: July 21, 2013, 01:43:18 am »
It's a quote from Edgar Mitchell, who was part of the crew of Apollo 14 (and by inference, he's the astronaut in the picture). 

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.”

Damn it. So close.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2678 on: July 21, 2013, 12:40:49 pm »

I personally have no problem with his New Age/paranormal/psychic power beliefs though I do feel like you feel concerning conspiracy theories.

Actually, he was into paranormal/psychic phenomena back in his astronaut days, so he's always had "unusual" beliefs (in fact he did some sort of telepathy experiment with an earthbound friend of his during his Apollo mission. Unfortunately, the private telepathy thing was a bust.). I have no problem with his quirks, as long as he isn't a fundie or one who abuses people, he's fine.

I'd have more of an issue with guys like Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson or Tom Cruise...One minute, you're an incredibly handsome, highly talented, well-respected, cinematic actor and the next minute you're riding on the Last Weirdo-Train To Crazyville!

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #2679 on: July 26, 2013, 01:51:38 am »
Not sure if this is the right place, but oh well. Attack on Titan is contagious.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDx2ceMiWnU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDx2ceMiWnU</a>
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Iconic Komodo Dragon 2

• Bishop
  • Try not to bleed to much.
« Reply #2680 on: July 26, 2013, 12:08:09 pm »
I support the SCP Foundation.

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.
LAAAAYYYYDDDDIIEEES...( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2681 on: July 26, 2013, 01:41:45 pm »
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:44:27 pm by Sigmaleph »
Σא

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2682 on: July 26, 2013, 06:11:42 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2683 on: July 27, 2013, 10:42:30 am »

Mocking vaccines should be in "Worst Political Cartoons".

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
  • Don't mind me. I'm just your average lurker.
Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #2684 on: July 27, 2013, 10:47:03 am »

Mocking vaccines should be in "Worst Political Cartoons".

Maybe I am wrong, but when I first saw this, I thought it was doing the exact opposite of mocking vaccines.
一期一会