Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1644796 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #2850 on: September 10, 2013, 03:03:12 pm »
No you need to stop getting so butt hurt when people ask for clarification.

Ironbite-it's seriously getting old.

Ibby's got a point, Kef.  We know you have a learning disability, but that doesn't make you immune to criticism when your forum posts are sometimes downright unintelligible.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2851 on: September 10, 2013, 03:24:54 pm »
sorry just you here it once...

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2852 on: September 10, 2013, 03:29:56 pm »
Spend some extra time on them, read them over and just take a moment before hitting post.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2853 on: September 10, 2013, 03:33:01 pm »
it will get better once my laptop gets back phone keyboard et all

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #2854 on: September 10, 2013, 03:33:31 pm »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2855 on: September 10, 2013, 03:59:51 pm »
Oh come on, when did something like that even happen to USA?

Apart from the battle of Pearl harbour that is.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2856 on: September 10, 2013, 05:10:27 pm »
it will get better once my laptop gets back phone keyboard et all

What kind of phone are you using? I use an Iphone and I've typed out a number of my longer posts using it. Nearly all of my infamous F&B thread was done via phone.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2857 on: September 10, 2013, 05:18:33 pm »
I have big hands so the integrated keyboard is still a  bit too small

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2858 on: September 10, 2013, 05:54:07 pm »
I have big hands so the integrated keyboard is still a  bit too small

I know what large hands are like. I wear size XXL gloves and can rarely find rings that fit me unless I google specifically for large rings. My class ring was like a size 15.

I'm probably used to doing fine work even with my larger hands because of my love of Legos when I was younger. Actually, I still love Legos, the problem is that their so damn expensive that buying enough to build the grand designs I wish I could would be expensive as fuck.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2859 on: September 10, 2013, 06:09:45 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I always thought unpaid internships were a pretty fucking raw deal.  Seems I was right on the money.

I am kind of in two minds about this. I have work experience kids follow me around at work occassionally. I don't pay them. I do usually get them lunch or buy them a drink from time to time. But I don't pay them. I tell them at the beginning I am not paying you. I have only ever had them for a short period of time and when they actually ask me to do work experience. For some kids they are doing at as a requirement for their admission or they just need to pad out their CV.

They ask me and I actually see it as me doing them a favour. Honestly if I had to pay a work experience kid, when they rang me and asked to do work experience I would say no.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #2860 on: September 10, 2013, 06:44:49 pm »
It's one thing to do a bit of work experience that might last a week or two or if it's for educational placement purposes (and should be for so many hours). It's another to work full time for no pay for several months in the hope of making contacts or getting experience or a job...
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2861 on: September 11, 2013, 12:53:27 am »
Eeh, honestly, if I'm either high up enough in a business or own my own, if someone does work, then they get paid; simple as that.  Do better work, get better money.  I mean, if they're "work study" kids, then I might not pay them as much as college kids looking for credit and something to actually help them, but I'd still pay the former, because I'd still ask them to occasionally participate.  Why?  The same reason some professors leave "unsolvable" problems on their blackboards for students to have a crack at: you never know who might come up with some genius, novel solution to a problem that's dumbfounded several experts.

If a work study kid managed THAT for me, I'd get the motherfucker a car or something.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2862 on: September 11, 2013, 12:58:43 am »
Some moron in Finland suggested that we should basically start having unpaid interns in Finland as well for the same bullshit reasons. "You get work experience and maybe the company will hire you afterwards."

The same companies that HAVE been hiring students when we haven't got interns. I'm sure they'd be happier if they didn't have to pay, but since they are doing so right now it means that the "intern" idea is not needed. He also suggested that students should start getting loans to support their lifes while studying since they would then be losing the pay that they get with the current system of, you know, WORKING ALONGSIDE THEIR STUDIES ON VACATIONS!

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2863 on: September 11, 2013, 08:44:27 am »
Some moron in Finland suggested that we should basically start having unpaid interns in Finland as well for the same bullshit reasons. "You get work experience and maybe the company will hire you afterwards."

The same companies that HAVE been hiring students when we haven't got interns. I'm sure they'd be happier if they didn't have to pay, but since they are doing so right now it means that the "intern" idea is not needed. He also suggested that students should start getting loans to support their lifes while studying since they would then be losing the pay that they get with the current system of, you know, WORKING ALONGSIDE THEIR STUDIES ON VACATIONS!

So what American did you guys elect to power?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2864 on: September 11, 2013, 03:08:45 pm »

Oh come on, when did something like that even happen to USA?

Apart from the battle of Pearl harbour that is.

It didn't happen with Pearl Harbor anyways.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:00:30 am by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!