Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1645600 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #3240 on: January 31, 2014, 01:15:42 am »
its negated seeing as what we see is different from what they see

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3241 on: January 31, 2014, 02:23:41 am »
I'll try to find something.

Please do, and I'm being serious here. Because I would like to see some genuine sources about how often this happens. Because I'm curious. I'm not saying you're full of crap, but I've only ever heard bits and pieces about it before and I'd like to see some legitimate stats.

Also seeeing as the cartoonist wants to repeal the 19th amendmentI get the feeling that he wants to be able to beat up women
That seems likely, given that the duo behind this are a pair of misogynistic pricks.  But that doesn't mean they don't have a point.

My boything has a phrase he uses a lot: even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then.

Just because someone gets a little something right doesn't mean all of their arguments have merit.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #3242 on: January 31, 2014, 07:39:28 am »
My boything has a phrase he uses a lot: even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then.
I've heard the same, but with squirrels ^^.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3243 on: January 31, 2014, 09:08:43 am »
Like I said, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.  They're horrible dicks, but in this case, they have a point.  Of course, that doesn't make any of their other material any better.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3244 on: January 31, 2014, 10:54:30 am »
Well depends imo it doesnt since in the context of the other strips is bad

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3245 on: January 31, 2014, 11:21:09 am »

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3246 on: January 31, 2014, 11:36:23 am »
Well at least the woman on the left has the freedom to wear what she wants. She isn't forced to wear a bikini and won't be stoned in the street if she doesn't do so.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3247 on: January 31, 2014, 11:54:04 am »
Well at least the woman on the left has the freedom to wear what she wants. She isn't forced to wear a bikini and won't be stoned in the street if she doesn't do so.
Not all women in burqas are forced to wear them.  That's an Islamophobic misconception.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3248 on: January 31, 2014, 12:11:12 pm »
for once paragon is right in france women are forced to not wear a niqab
that's not a  burqa btw stop calling it that

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
« Reply #3249 on: January 31, 2014, 01:09:53 pm »
Not all women in burqas are forced to wear them.  That's an Islamophobic misconception.
At least some of them are, that's the point. Once that's the case, it gets hard to really decide when one wears them by choice or because they are forced to.
for once paragon is right in france women are forced to not wear a niqab
that's not a  burqa btw stop calling it that
There isn't really a law against niqab per se,  it's more that it's forbidden to hide one's face in public places, or to wear ostentatious religious garments in schools and mairies and whatnot.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3250 on: January 31, 2014, 01:17:05 pm »
that doesn't really make the law pro islam also almost no nations have a niqab mandate

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
« Reply #3251 on: January 31, 2014, 01:53:56 pm »
that doesn't really make the law pro islam also almost no nations have a niqab mandate
Why would you need pro-islam laws in a secular country? As long as they aren't anti-islam, what's the big deal? (and no, they really aren't anti-islam as written. True, the law might be abused because case of people wearing carnival masks don't lead to a police intervention while people marching with niqab might, but that's not a problem with the letter of the law in and of itself.)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3252 on: January 31, 2014, 02:09:01 pm »
You have a point.  Parade regulations were often used against civil rights marchers.

On the other hand, I'm pretty damn sure this law was specifically targeted at Muslims.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
« Reply #3253 on: January 31, 2014, 02:20:26 pm »
You have a point.  Parade regulations were often used against civil rights marchers.

On the other hand, I'm pretty damn sure this law was specifically targeted at Muslims.
It's pretty hard to be sure. There have certainly been people saying that here in France, but others are defending the law saying that no religion should be allowed to be visible in public, and since staying visibly secular is a big thing in french politics (to the point that every time a political movement eyes our equivalent of the religious right the presse goes into an uproar), it's a bit hard to tell who's right and who's wrong.
I for one am not against that law. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3254 on: January 31, 2014, 06:08:56 pm »
Honestly, I think dress codes in general tend to be pretty fucking stupid, specially for schools.  Can't come to school wearing short-shorts?  Well, if your teachers weren't so god damned boring, maybe the students wouldn't be so easily distracted.  Plus, a lot of them are teenagers, or to put it a better way, a horde of kids who are at various stages of extreme hormonal changes whose decision-making skills are largely dictated by their genitals.

Seriously, though, I'd go to France in full face-mask-and-gown attire (whatever the proper term for that is in Muslim society) just to fuck with the limp-dick assholes who make such asinine laws.  Though, I do find it somewhat ironic that a country most stereotypically known for an abundance of extreme promiscuity has moronic dress code laws.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.