Author Topic: American drone strike kills Iranian general  (Read 4910 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: American drone strike kills Iranian general
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 10:28:06 pm »
Oh, and since apparently the US media has collective amnesia on the point, let's just remember that the US overthrew the democratically elected leader of Iran, Mohammad Mosaddegh, in 1953 after he planned to nationalise Iranian oil supplies, replaced him with a brutal dictator, the Shah, and has been butthurt ever since 1979 that their nice compliant puppet state stepped out of line and tossed out their hand-picked leader.

The US has wanted regime change in Iran for forty years and they're about to go and get it by any means necessary.

If any other country did this sort of insane shit, they'd be decried as a rogue state.

The US is a rogue state and the entire regime needs to be overthrown and all the leaders past and present put on trial in The Hague.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2020, 12:41:21 am »
Oh, and since apparently the US media has collective amnesia on the point, let's just remember that the US overthrew the democratically elected leader of Iran, Mohammad Mosaddegh, in 1953 after he planned to nationalise Iranian oil supplies, replaced him with a brutal dictator, the Shah, and has been butthurt ever since 1979 that their nice compliant puppet state stepped out of line and tossed out their hand-picked leader.

The US has wanted regime change in Iran for forty years and they're about to go and get it by any means necessary.

If any other country did this sort of insane shit, they'd be decried as a rogue state.

The US is a rogue state and the entire regime needs to be overthrown and all the leaders past and present put on trial in The Hague.

Chill, man. What brought this on?
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2020, 01:39:03 am »

Chill, man. What brought this on?

You'll learn over time that Dpareja is fond of statements this abjectly Moonbatty. That whenever a candidate that isn't Saint Bernie Sanders May He Live Forever is rising in the polls there's no candidate that "excites" the masses and can't possibly surmount Trump, for example.

Or I'll put it another way; he's insane, and most people on the Discord just roll their eyes and ignore him.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 02:04:22 pm »
By the way, welcome to the main page.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2020, 11:43:22 pm »

Or I'll put it another way; he's insane, and most people on the Discord just roll their eyes and ignore him.

Wait, we have a Discord server now? When did that happen?
Who needs a signature?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2020, 03:09:15 am »

Welcome to Fundies Say the Darndest Things
You’re looking at an archive of the most hilarious, bizarre, ignorant, bigoted, and terrifying quotes from fundies all over the internet.

Friends of FSTDT… • Random quote • Forum • Discord • Submit a quote • All tags • FAQ

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2020, 06:36:59 pm »
I take it this is why no one talks on the forums anymore, everyone is on Discord (what is discord is it like a live chat?).

I remember Livechat was a great generator of drama that spilled onto the forums.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2020, 07:06:45 pm »
Oh thank you merciful god, it looks like Trump is backing down, because he's a weakling at heart with no stomach for a real fight WHICH IS A GOOD THING!  A war with Iran would have killing millions and destroyed the world's economy.  He might change his mind a re-escalate but for now this might not blow up.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2020, 07:21:48 pm »
His biggest problem is that he has shown time and time again that he will back down and ultimately make concessions. I predict he wants to meet with the Iranians and institute a new "Tougher"
 Iran Deal -  which like his deal with North Korea will give the Iranians everything they want. Which may not be such a bad thing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2020, 07:33:37 pm »
I take it this is why no one talks on the forums anymore, everyone is on Discord (what is discord is it like a live chat?).

I remember Livechat was a great generator of drama that spilled onto the forums.

Yeah most of the talk goes on on the Discord. Much more people on there than on here.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2020, 09:39:36 pm »

Yeah most of the talk goes on on the Discord. Much more people on there than on here.

Forums are cozy though.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2020, 07:51:58 am »
And people don't nuke servers after promising a community wide talk because some unknown jackass comes in and says dumb shit.

Ironbite-yeah Trump blinked.  Which is a good thing.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2020, 07:45:46 pm »

Guess that explains why this place is so inactive.
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2020, 10:58:26 pm »
Might have to get into the discord some time then.  :thinking:

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 11:47:53 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En5-MI3XHSE

I was wrong, and I am very, very glad that I was.

CNN actually ran a piece about the coup against Mosaddegh.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.