Author Topic: What are your future presidential predictions?  (Read 13601 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
What are your future presidential predictions?
« on: January 24, 2019, 05:17:32 pm »
So anyone have any predictions about what is going to happen over the next two to six years? We have two years now until we vote for a possible replacement to Trump and I've seen a lot of people saying Trump is sure fire to lose the election in 2020 just look at how awful he is. I live in my bubble and everyone in here says they hate him so of course he's going to lose. I think differently though. Not because I want Trump to win or support him in any way. I just don't have a lot of faith in American voters and their ridiculously short attention spans. This Government shut down will be forgotten about by the time the election comes around, as well as his other growing lists of short comings.

I think come 2020 Trump is going to win Re election. I don't think the Democrats are going to pick anyone that will excite voters all that much despite the large amount of people running. Trump will be relentless in his bullying and might still have Russia aiding him in his re election. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I just think the rust belt is still going to swing for Trump. If he wins Ohio and Pennsylvania and Florida it's going to be tough for the Democrats to win.

I believe the Democrats will retain the House and gain some seats in the Senate but not enough to win the Senate in 2020.

Once Trump wins re election over the last four years of his presidency the Republican party will finally realize they can be free of him and start to turn on him as they focus on the next leader who they can prop up. Trump won't be able to get anything done with a Democratic House and he'll just be sitting around angry, alone and bored for the remainder of his presidency if he actually doesn't resign or end up impeached. I don't think impeachment is likely,

I think the Democrats will take back the Senate in 2022. Stripping Trump of any legislative power from then on. Trump will try and do some things through executive actions but the Democrats will make it very hard for him, and he'll just become a joke that no one takes seriously anymore.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg will either retire or pass away, but with a Democratic Senate they'll keep Trump's nominees from going through.

Republicans are quick to turn on their leadership once they see their leadership is weakened. It happened with George W Bush and will probably happen with Trump.

Come 2024 well have Vice President Mike Pence running on the Republican ticket. He has expressed a lot of interest in running for President and I think he'll run strongly unopposed since the Republican party will be fractured at this point. Mike Pence will try and pick a crazy person as his running mate to try and hold onto the disenfranchised Trump voters, but the truth is nobody really cares about Mike Pence. He's as interesting as Dry Wall, sexist, behind the times when it comes to women's rights and won't be considered exciting. The Trump voters won't turn out like they did for Trump.

The Democrats will have someone exciting finally. I honestly think we haven't even heard of this person yet, but I think it will be a woman and she'll win by a landslide and will be demonized by the right continuously during her run and during her presidency. If the tea party was any indication of the political climate to come and paved the way for Donald Trump, than I think the #Metoo movements and women's rights marches are a sign of how things are going and I think 2018 was just the beginning.

The Media will ask what happened to the Republican party, they don't have a message and they're not organized much like they did after Hillary lost in 2016.

The only way my predictions change is if the economy crashes sometime later this year or next year. Then I think Trump will lose.

So has anyone else been predicting how things will turn out?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: What are your future presidential predictions?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 05:34:12 pm »
Everything hinges on the 2020 Democratic Presidential primary, because with 20+ seats to defend in the Senate those coattails could throw a lot of incumbents aside.

That is all.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 05:57:50 pm »
Presictions, eh? Well, sometime this summer McConnell turns on Trump. McConnell likes being kingmaker and will throw his support behind an establishment challenger. I'm thinking Romney and Nikki Hailey, although personally I'd love to see Huntsman do well.

The Democrats, I'm not too sure. It'll be a bitter ugly primary between the Establishment and Bernie Babies. I can't call that one. If pushed, I suspect Biden/ Beto would narrowly edge out Bernie and what's his face from Indiana. But there are way too many variables for me to have any confidence.

So a Mexican standoff between Trump/Pence, Romney/Hailey, and possibly Biden/Beto. Either way the House picks up quite a few Democrat seats. Senate picks up a few as well. Whatever the majority party is, it's just barely a majority.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 06:11:49 pm »
McConnell won't turn on Trump. Trump is significantly more popular in Kentucky than McConnell is, so doing that would open McConnell up to a primary challenge.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 06:18:49 pm »
Also the RNC just said no Primaries for 2020 so....

Ironbite-no challenger to the Emperor.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 06:36:57 pm »
I stand by what I said.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 06:49:42 pm »
I think there are a few big factors that will shape the outcome of 2020.

-Whether the Democrats learn from the mistakes they made in the last presidential election or double down on them.
-Whether they run a more conventional "establishment" candidate or somebody more radical and/or populist.
-Whether Trump gets challenged by other Republicans, and if so, how seriously.
-Whether Mueller's investigation uncovers something actionable against Trump himself.
-Whether the economy continues to do well.

And that's not even getting into the myriad of media-related factors.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 08:13:35 pm »

I've seen stories about how they want to, and how some state parties are looking to do just that (South Carolina, which is of course important, being an early primary state), but nothing to indicate that they have. (The only piece I could find that talked about them cancelling all primaries and caucuses said that they might not be able to change the rules at this point.)

But the RNC knows where its bread is buttered. They know a huge chunk of their base is TFG. They don't dare risk Trump losing the nomination in 2020 if he's still eligible.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 08:41:21 pm »
I think there are a few big factors that will shape the outcome of 2020.

-Whether the Democrats learn from the mistakes they made in the last presidential election or double down on them.
-Whether they run a more conventional "establishment" candidate or somebody more radical and/or populist.
-Whether Trump gets challenged by other Republicans, and if so, how seriously.
-Whether Mueller's investigation uncovers something actionable against Trump himself.
-Whether the economy continues to do well.

And that's not even getting into the myriad of media-related factors.

Economics experts were predicting the economy to crash in the near future BEFORE the Whiner-in-Chief shut down the government for his stupid wall.  And as mentioned, there won't be any challenges to Trump.  The RNC has chosen to dismantle itself and merge with the Trump 2020 campaign, which means Republicans are already declaring Trump their 2020 candidate.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 08:54:13 pm »
The RNC has chosen to dismantle itself and merge with the Trump 2020 campaign, which means Republicans are already declaring Trump their 2020 candidate.

Source?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 04:24:40 am »

If they have a primary and Trump loses it will tear apart their voterbase because the Trump-cult is fanatical and will not vote for anyone else. ...But the Trump-cult isn't as big as it used to be. The primary would reveal that. By not having a primary not only will they preserve the "unity" within the party (because the average GOP supporter will vote for Trump if the alternative is a Democrat) but if Trump loses the loss will be personified on him because it is not like the voter-base for GOP got to have anything to say in who their candidate was.

It's the safe choice for them. If they lose they'll just go back to being the "party of NO" and obstructing anything the new president tries to do. Their voters will eat it up like they've done all the years before.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 04:53:58 am »
Also, one thing to keep in mind: Florida just went from "unpredictable" to "completely, utterly unpredictable" because the state Constitution was just amended to restore voting rights to citizens who had been convicted of felonies, other than murder and felony sex offences, and have served their full sentences. This also has the effect of making it much more difficult for the state government to randomly disenfranchise people, since their favourite tactic was to see that some innocent (non-white) guy had the same first and last names as a convicted felon (never mind middle initials or anything like that) and claim that they're the same person.

I think the current estimate on how many people just got the vote in Florida is 1.4 million.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 07:31:56 am »

If they have a primary and Trump loses it will tear apart their voterbase because the Trump-cult is fanatical and will not vote for anyone else. ...But the Trump-cult isn't as big as it used to be. The primary would reveal that. By not having a primary not only will they preserve the "unity" within the party (because the average GOP supporter will vote for Trump if the alternative is a Democrat) but if Trump loses the loss will be personified on him because it is not like the voter-base for GOP got to have anything to say in who their candidate was.

It's the safe choice for them. If they lose they'll just go back to being the "party of NO" and obstructing anything the new president tries to do. Their voters will eat it up like they've done all the years before.

Yeah but usually they don't blatantly just do this.  Usually nobody at all primaries the President.  Why come out this year and do it?

Ironbite-my thought is he had a challenger that could probably kill him and the RNC is now the Party of Trump.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 12:21:46 pm »
The RNC has chosen to dismantle itself and merge with the Trump 2020 campaign, which means Republicans are already declaring Trump their 2020 candidate.

Source?

Here: https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/politics/trump-2020-campaign-rnc/index.html

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 05:55:30 pm »

Source?

Here: https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/politics/trump-2020-campaign-rnc/index.html

Hunh.

I'm reminded of Donna Brazile's claims (note: claims; I am not saying I necessarily believe them) regarding the relationship between the 2016 Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC, or how Obama dumped a lot of his 2008 campaign debt on the DNC.

EDIT: Also, it makes "anti-Trump Republican" an oxymoron.

EDIT #2: Richard Ojeda dropped out of the 2020 Democratic primaries, since he couldn't get any media attention and couldn't raise enough money to compete against candidates who are themselves wealthy or are taking funds from big-money PACs. I hope he'll look to challenge Sen. Capito.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 07:33:44 pm by dpareja »