Author Topic: Israel attacks Gaza... again...  (Read 13208 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: Israel attacks Gaza... again...
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 08:31:17 pm »
And now the war has spread to Twitter:

http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-room/other-news/267927-israeli-military-puts-hamas-on-notice-via-twitter

Israel announced a military strike through Twitter on Wednesday, followed by an official warning to military operatives of the terrorist group Hamas not to “show their faces above ground in the days ahead.”

@IDFSpokesperson

We recommend that no Hamas operatives, whether low level or senior leaders, show their faces above ground in the days ahead.
    14 Nov 12

Israel’s Defense Forces turned to Twitter to confirm that an official military campaign was in progress in Gaza on Thursday and continued to send out updates, including the news that Hamas leader Ahmed Jabari had been killed in what a tweet called a “pinpoint strike.”

The official IDF Twitter account blasted out the news before a press conference was held, ensuring that Israeli leadership controlled how people heard the news. The tweet also represented the release of a video of the strike itself hosted on YouTube. The black and white video offers a first person, birds-eye view of an exploding car that reportedly contained Jabari.

Jabari is the most senior official of Hamas killed by the Israelis in four years, according to The New York Times.

Israel’s President Simon Peres then posted on his Facebook page that he spoke with President Obama to update him on the situation Wednesday afternoon.

Peres’s statement to Obama was similar to the remarks he posted on his Facebook page, according to multiple Israeli newspapers.

“There are limits to what Israel is able to absorb,” he wrote. “Our intension is not to raise the flames, but already for days, day and night, they are shooting rockets at Israel. Mothers and their children cannot fall asleep [sic]."

The IDF is also using Twitter to proactively defend their actions, tweeting that the military strike follows a year in which Palestinian terrorists based in the Gaza strip have fired 768 rockets into Israel.

According to the IDF account, the military action is known as "Operation Pillar of Defense."

The IDF continues to use Twitter to push out an aggressive message making their intention to continue "a widespread campaign on terror sites & operatives in the Gaza Strip, chief among them Hamas & Islamic Jihad targets." The military campaign also involves the Israeli Navy.

@IDFSpokesperson

All options are on the table. If necessary, the IDF is ready to initiate a ground operation in Gaza.
    14 Nov 12

A statement from Hamas quoted by the Times blasts Israel's action as "a dangerous crime" and the basis for a "declaration of war." Hamas's military wing, the Al-Qassam Brigades, tweeted that Israel had opened the gates of hell through the IDF's actions.

@IDFSpokesperson 14 Nov 12

We recommend that no Hamas operatives, whether low level or senior leaders, show their faces above ground in the days ahead.

Alqassam Brigades @AlqassamBrigade

@IDFSpokesperson Our blessed hands will reach your leaders and soldiers wherever they are (You Opened Hell Gates on Yourselves)

Excellent. I propose that all international diplomacy be conducted via Twitter.
Herman Cain would approve.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Agni

• Bishop
  • Prōcrāstinātorum Prōcrāstinātricumque Rex
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 08:44:35 pm »
And, yet, they wonder how people in other countries around the world can be violently anti-Israel.

Magical.

Excuse me, but did you just state that neo-nazism/anti-semitism is justified?

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 08:46:55 pm »
And, yet, they wonder how people in other countries around the world can be violently anti-Israel.

Magical.

Because some people seem to have the mindset that it's okay and rational to take revenge for Israel's crimes on innocent Jews who have nothing to do with Israel's government and politics?

I've been thinking about this scenario a lot lately and it seems more and more less like Islamic vs. Judaism and more colonialism.  Seeing as they fought against the Church of the Nativity getting Heritage status.

Contrary to popular belief, the Israel-Palestinian Conflict was never about Jews vs. Muslims. Historically speaking, the two groups didn't have any particular enmity at the time Israel was founded. Besides, there is a notable Christian minority in Palestine, and they get bombed and killed too. I don't think that most of the original settlers in Israel (I'm talking about the settlers, not the ideologues) really had any colonialist or racist intentions, but Islamophobia and racism did become more prevalent over time. War forces both sides to dehumanize the enemy, just look at any propaganda poster or film during wartime.

The thing I don't understand is, when you go on a place like Christian Forums, those who give unwavering support to Israel and think it's never wrong seem to come in two flavors:  those who who hate and/or fear Islam, and those who say we, as a Christian nation, are obligated to support the Holy Land and God's Chosen People.  It's the second one that puzzles me.  According to there own theology, aren't those "Chosen People of God" destined for hell because they don't accept Jesus?
What they mean by this is, the Jews need to be around so they can A) rebuild that temple that's supposed to start the Rapture, then B) die horribly at the hands of Satan as per some prophecy that related to the Second Coming and Jesus' dictatorial rule over the world. So no, it's not exactly an "honor" to be revered in this way.

This is why I fear Christian fundamentalists more than their Muslim counterparts.

Fundamentalist Christian Zionists view the Jews as that quaint little desert people (but still conveniently white) who follow some primitive sort of Christless Christianity, and are just begging for the Christians to defend their poor, weak lamb-like selves from the big, bad Islamic wolf. Oh, and despite studying and interpreting the Tanakh their own way for over 9,000 2,000 years, they're too stupid (or stubborn) to realize that the prophecies that prove Jesus is the Jewish Messiah were all right under their noses.

Never mind the facts that Jews of color exist (though most are white), that Judaism has little do with Christianity theologically (besides sharing some scriptures), that Islamophobia is never okay, and that the idea that the Torah supports Jesus being the Jewish Messiah is not only wrong, but has incredibly condescending and paternalistic implications. Every so often, I meet a Christian who finds out I'm Jewish, and then I'm given a whole diatribe about how they "really really care for what Israel is going through, so can you please give me kudos and be my token Jewish friend please please pleaseeeeee? And, ugh, don't you hate those Muslims who hate your people so much? 'Cuz I do." Yeah, so not impressed with your attempt to be a speshul snowflake. It's fucking annoying, full stop.

I've also read from some Christian Zionists that Jews will either be magically converted to Christianity during the Rapture or something, that they will become the Antichrist's unwitting supporters because those poor lost souls don't know the TROOF, or that they will be persecuted by the Antichrist. I've also read some Christians who believe that the Antichrist will be Jewish.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 09:03:09 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 09:18:59 pm »

Magical.

No, not in the slightest.  I'm simply saying that Israel, similar to the Vatican, influences others' opinions of the religions which they represent.  To put it another way, they give Judaism and its practitioners a bad name.

That said, Israel, like the Vatican, really needs to have its government's clock cleaned.  They're getting arrogant because they, again like the Vatican, feel like they can't be touched, that they're invincible, and they use that power to bully others, which will come back to bite them in the ass.  As they say, "you reap what you sew."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:21:06 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 09:30:26 pm »
Just to be clear I support Israel.

I don't, however, support right-wing Zionists like Bibi Netanyahu.

Would have been amazing if Tzipi Livni were PM. She at least has a brain.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 09:32:54 pm »
Aye, I support the people of Israel.  I do not, however, support its government or the actions thereof.  Just figured I'd make that distinction, since it is often thought that if one is criticizing a country, you are criticizing its people.

Similar to what I do with America.  If you love something, you have to be willing to both see and admit to its flaws.  Least, that's what my ma said.

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 09:37:11 pm »

Magical.

That's not how I understood what he said. If, for example, we take the U.S. and its invasion of Iraq and I said, "And Republicans wonder how people in other countries can be violently anti-American", I would be correct in implying that people (especially in the Muslim world) are fostering negative opinions of our country because of our own foolish actions. It hurts our reputation abroad and makes it less likely for people to trust us in the future. Plus there's the matter of blowback from whenever we meddle in the affairs of the Middle East.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 09:39:48 pm »

Magical.

That's not how I understood what he said. If, for example, we take the U.S. and its invasion of Iraq and I said, "And Republicans wonder how people in other countries can be violently anti-American", I would be correct in implying that people (especially in the Muslim world) are fostering negative opinions of our country because of our own foolish actions. It hurts our reputation abroad and makes it less likely for people to trust us in the future. Plus there's the matter of blowback from whenever we meddle in the affairs of the Middle East.

(snaps and points at Rabbit)  Binnnnnnnnnngo.  Points to this man, he got it right!

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 10:04:57 pm »
*shrugs*

I have a very negative opinion of Israel. Doesn't mean I will violently kill any Israeli on sight or call for Israel's destruction. Neither will I give Palestine a free pass on anything. Just that if Israel pulls shit like this, they deserve every bit of condemnation they get, and more.

I wish Bibi would be kicked out, I know its not gonna happen where he gets replaced by a less hawkish person though. Israel has the same political problem as the USA, where the government is far, far more rightist than the general populace. And it shows no sign of changing because of how entrenched the warmongers are.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 10:37:58 pm »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 10:39:50 pm »
Good...God...

Bibi has gone insane. Roadrunner, really? You're likening Iran to the Coyote?

You gotta wonder, why DOESN'T Iran like Israel?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 10:48:26 pm »
Good...God...

Well the original is here but...

I couldn't help myself.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 10:56:08 pm »
Good...God...

Methinks that's a shop. At least, I hope it's a shop...
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 11:01:04 pm »
Good...God...

Methinks that's a shop. At least, I hope it's a shop...
It is...

...moar.