Author Topic: Bundy vs BLM  (Read 11143 times)

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Re: Bundy vs BLM
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2014, 06:12:21 pm »
I say let it play out before we get our shorts in a bunch.  Americans always want instant solutions, but the world seldom operates that way.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 07:03:13 pm »
I guess I said what I said out of frustration. Fighting The Machine is like hitting a brick way. If I could be shown just one story...just one true story...of some "little person" fighting the rich & powerful and WINNING, I would be happy.

So far, other than that one Daily Kos article, I haven't read about the police-perpetrated mass-shooting at the Pipeline protest. I hope it's just the guys at The Daily Kos getting all alarmist & gloomy-doomy (like they always, do). I have yet to see it on Huffington Post or other Progressive News sites.

I can't trust anything online.

I know it'll all end, one day. There's too many good & enlightened humans out there & the world's a lot better than it was hundreds of years ago. We're in a general path of moral ascension....it's just so darn slow with so many backlashes & setback. I don't expect the world to ever be perfect but I just get frustrated when progress is impeded or slow.

Well, perhaps when the Koch brothers die & go to Inferno, Earth will have a chance. Murdoch's a total prune & he has a lot of crazy stuff happening in his family, now, good successors might not be in good supply.

The answer is to change ourselves on the inside & to work with those in our immediate surroundings. Teach our children & others to love a care for one another. We don't need silly schools to do this. Perhaps we have been depending on institutions too much. We need freelance people to teach compassion, charity, comprehensive sex ed, etc.

Contraception? Buy condoms. Those aren't being targeted & they're the only contraception that can help prevent STIs.

Finally, decent people full of empathy need to run for office from the very ground up. Imagine what we could do with a horde of Progressives getting positions in our school boards alone! Better teaching, better lessons, better kids, better future. Slowly, the empathetic & ethical will have influence. After several decades, we'll move up to Governors, Congresspeople, The President, etc.

Heck, wealthy CEOs will become more decent. We'll subvert everything!

Perhaps the answer is in slow, peaceful subversion. I guess the wisdom of the Taoists said it best. Take the path of least resistance.

Go with the flow, relax, be patient. If your passions & anger overwhelm you, you get reckless & screw up.

I'm taking the Dharmic wisdom of being a ShaktaPagan to heart. No more anger. No more hate. Self-control. Kindness & compassion.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 02:33:34 am »
I guess I said what I said out of frustration. Fighting The Machine is like hitting a brick way. If I could be shown just one story...just one true story...of some "little person" fighting the rich & powerful and WINNING, I would be happy.

Okie dokie, then.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 10:28:40 am »

Okie dokie, then.

That's wonderful, but I was thinking of something recent.

That said, I'll take your facetious gesture as genuine and evidence that, yes, the "Little Person" can win victories, even moderate ones.

Y'know, if the "Gilded Age" could be overcome then, the "New Gilded Age" can be overcome as well. It may not be possible to completely overthrow "The Machine" but if "The Machine" can be controlled, that's enough.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 04:40:49 pm »
Interesting, Bundy's claims about how long his family has owned the land is coming under dispute.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hnzelm5TBQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hnzelm5TBQ</a>
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2014, 09:57:14 am »
And now it's been reveled that not only is he a freeloading dumb-ass he's also a racist. Now watch as most of the people who supported him try their best to distance themselves from him.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/24/conservatives-begin-backing-away-after-cliven-bundys-remarks-disparaging-the-negro/

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2014, 10:38:19 am »
And now it's been reveled that not only is he a freeloading dumb-ass he's also a racist. Now watch as most of the people who supported him try their best to distance themselves from him.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/24/conservatives-begin-backing-away-after-cliven-bundys-remarks-disparaging-the-negro/
WHO WOULD SUSPECT A BACKWATER INBRED REDNECK POINTING ASSAULT RIFLES AT THE POLICE COULD POSSIBLY BE RACIST!!!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2014, 11:17:53 am »
His treatise on "the Negro" was so outrageous, I had to keep reminding myself that this speech was witnessed and recorded by a professional journalist and reported by the New York Times. So, now I think we will be treated to the spectacle of out-and-proud White Power scum coming to rally with him at his ranch. LOL.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2014, 03:34:38 pm »
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/24/audio-bundy-doubles-down-calls-on-new-york-time/199010

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy appeared on Alex Jones' radio show today to do damage control over comments he made about "the Negro" and how he wonders whether blacks were "better off as slaves" than on government assistance.

During the appearance, Bundy denied that he is racist, called on The New York Times to retract their accurate quotes of him discussing "cotton picking," and repeatedly restated his offensive views on slavery. Bundy also defended himself by explaining "there's a black man right in my front yard right now" as part of the militia siding with him against the government.

Lol...Like appearing on Alex Jones is gonna convince anyone that you're not a racist nut. 

Of course, you know the troglodytes on places like Free Republic and Fox Nation only like him more now.  The following is allegedly from Free Republic, via someone who posts on Democratic Underground.  Since I'm not gonna give RimJob the hits, I'm just taking the DU guy's word for it:

I dunno’ they sound pretty honest and on target to me.
A lot better than anything that Royal Meeker guy said about the breed.
4 posted on Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:07:58 AM by EBH (And the head wound was healed, and Gog became man.)

To: GIdget2004
So...what's wrong with Mr. Bundy’s remarks?
Republicans are gutless wonders.
7 posted on Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:08:37 AM by fatnotlazy

He’s right, not “delicate”, but right.
The former slaves and their descendants steadily improved their lives over a period of decades after the war. By 1900 they had a solid middle class in many cities and once the racist grip of the democrat party was broken in the early 60s everything opened up for them. Unfortunately that same year LBJ with the help of JJ and company sold blacks a huge turd that enslaved them again to the democrat party and took away most of their economic and social gains.
I don’t feel sorry for any of them anymore. Their ancestors pulled them away from the shadow of slavery and then they jumped right back into the democrat shit pit and blame conservatives for it.
Too many of them think they’re africans; ship their sorry asses back to their “motherland”. My sympathy for majority of them is long gone.
27 posted on Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:18:31 AM by RJS1950 (The democrats are the "enemies foreign and domestic" cited in the federal oath)

He’s 100% correct.
More people need to say it!!
32 posted on Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:21:27 AM by dalereed

To: Drango
“Seriously? Who talks like that today?”
I do and I don’t give a rats ass what anyone thinks!!
If someone is offended by the truth tough shit!
40 posted on Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:24:45 AM by dalereed
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2014, 06:01:15 pm »

"It's an Obama false flag operation!"

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2014, 01:50:39 pm »
His treatise on "the Negro" was so outrageous, I had to keep reminding myself that this speech was witnessed and recorded by a professional journalist and reported by the New York Times. So, now I think we will be treated to the spectacle of out-and-proud White Power scum coming to rally with him at his ranch. LOL.

I imagine Dave Blount and the knuckle-draggers at Moonbattery are deifying him now.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2014, 02:23:06 pm »

I imagine Dave Blount and the knuckle-draggers at Moonbattery are deifying him now.

I'll bet DoctorDoom (the bigot not the comic super-villain) & VD have erected full blown elaborate religious shrines at home to this guy, with candles, incense & everything.

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2014, 06:06:54 pm »

Yeah, or they'll just dismiss it as liberal propaganda trying to make their hero look bad by taking shit out of context.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2014, 08:58:31 pm »
I was hoping at least an audio, if not video, recording of his speech would pop up online. I just love a good train wreck! ;D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:38:44 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2014, 11:14:53 pm »
Here's the video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbnRnhrNFEY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbnRnhrNFEY</a>
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:28:20 pm by Ultimate Paragon »