Author Topic: Worldwide protests against COVID restrictions  (Read 4250 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Worldwide protests against COVID restrictions
« on: August 29, 2020, 08:03:43 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid-19-rally-ottawa-1.5705216

One thing COVID-19 has exposed is how many people deny the existence of community/societal rights.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Worldwide protests against COVID restrictions
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 08:09:26 pm »
What's more, there have come to be numerous variants on the "Speakeasy" that have re-emerged, being illegal places where people go to access prohibited services. Prohibition, even COVID prohibitions, do not erase demand, and so it's pretty much inevitable that these things show up.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 08:11:28 pm »
In my province there's a $2,000 fine for running those sorts of places, which is pretty much chump change.

Throw the book at people who deliberately act in a way to spread a deadly pandemic.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 08:15:00 pm »
What's more, it seems the mob has stepped up as they did in the 20s.

Would throwing the book at the customers and Speakeasy owners work for very long?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 08:34:15 pm »
What's more, it seems the mob has stepped up as they did in the 20s.

Would throwing the book at the customers and Speakeasy owners work for very long?

It's one of those "what choice do we have" things. Unlike Prohibition in the US, which was just a stupid moral panic, this is an actual deadly disease (even if you survive the lingering health consequences look to be very damaging) so there really doesn't seem to be much choice other than harsh restrictions on and harsh penalties for such activities.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 04:24:21 pm »
We're all gonna die because people are too selfish to think of others.

Ironbite-we had a good run I guess.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 06:36:34 pm »
Honestly to me the worst are the people who want borders reopened so that they can see their families.

No, bitch, you don't get to endanger tens of millions of lives just so you can see your family. Fuck you.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 12:41:05 am »
^Eh they're selfish but I can at least get how being separated from your family is hard.  But when you've got people whining about trivial stuff like wanting a haircut or not being able to golf and yelling things like "your health is not my problem" that I start almost rooting for the virus.  Just wear you're stupid mask.

Fortunately at least one man has found the american solution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa6BlJlrL-k

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 02:25:35 am »
Yeah that seems needlessly extreme and spiteful.

I mean, seriously? The worst isn't the Neo-Nazis scheming to infect minorities with COVID as part of their Tucker Diaries fantasies of race war? The worst isn't fanatical doomsday cultist Christians who gather people together in spite of the restrictions?

"The worst is people who want borders open because MUH FAMILY. WHAT? You have a daughter you're worried sick about? FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR FUCKING DAUGHTER TOO."

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 02:45:13 am »
Good on you Indonesia

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/09/people-in-indonesia-who-refused-to-wear-masks-ordered-to-dig-graves-for-covid-19-victims

I say the rest of the world adopt this policy.

Especially this megakaren because holy shit fuck you:

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/09/people-call-out-coronavirus-protester-compared-wearing-mask-george-floyd-death

"When George Floyd said 'I can't breathe' and he died. And now we're wearing a mask and we say 'I can't breathe' and we're being forced to wear it anyway,"

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 08:44:14 am »
Honestly to me the worst are the people who want borders reopened so that they can see their families.

What's the bet they never saw their family more than once a year before all this started...