Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 859608 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4005 on: April 05, 2016, 07:08:37 pm »
Bisexy Rexy! W00000000t!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4006 on: April 05, 2016, 07:56:30 pm »
Bisexy Rexy! W00000000t!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU_aZQ4F5vU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU_aZQ4F5vU</a>

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4007 on: April 06, 2016, 02:28:45 am »
Doooooo-it! Dooooo-it! Dooooooo-it! :)

Did it!

It was just a stupid throw-away joke, now I don't know if I should feel pride or guilt/shame lol.

There's also some Predator joke in there somewhere about "a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus" but it's too early in the morning for me to think of it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4008 on: April 06, 2016, 12:01:12 pm »
Even more work done on the engine and front end!  I've completely redesigned the script loading for it, containing it all in a helper class that handles loading compiled assemblies into memory from zip archive entries and exporting their scripts into convenient dictionaries that the front end can reference easily.  I may even add an extra, more generic method to the helper, just as a proof-of-concept, that would be able to load ALL classes of a given type into a list, in case I ever need such a feature in the future.  Ohh, this is fun!

[ETA]

Did better than that, I made three of 'em!  One to load from a zip entry, one to load straight from a pre-loaded assembly, and one to load from a stream!  Don't even know if I'll ever use the methods, but I LOVE making these kinds of things.  Its better than any boss battle, because I'm proving my skills not only by doing them, but being able to do it right quickly and the first time 'round.  I swear, on all that I hold dear, the time I've spent learning my skill will not be wasted.  There's always more to learn, more to do and, come hell or high water, I'm gonna fuckin do 'em!

...I think my morning coffee might be hitting me kinda hard because I am REALLY FUCKING WIRED RIGHT NOW.  Brain's buzzing like a fucking bee with the voice of Beavis going full-on Cornholio.  Then again, I might also be having a manic spat.  That is also quite possible.  Either way, whee!  Mania is fun!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:25:51 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #4009 on: April 08, 2016, 05:10:13 pm »
My boss told me today that my probation review (standard arrangement, the first three months of my contract were probationary, after which it becomes permanent) is more-or-less a formality at this stage. 

He's also booked me on an ITIL course in a few weeks time.  Not sure if that's good or just an attempt to torture me...

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #4010 on: April 08, 2016, 05:42:29 pm »
Suck it up and jump that hurdle. It's always going to come, recerts and new certifs, and they always result in more income down the road.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4011 on: April 08, 2016, 10:51:00 pm »
FROM THE PIT OF UNEXPECTED INTERNET LOSS, I HAVE RETURNED!

Also, by this time tomorrow I should have my taxes finished, for the first time.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4012 on: April 10, 2016, 02:10:55 pm »
I'm back from my short paramilitary training course. I hurt all over and am dead tired but it was a fun weekend. I am happy to inform you all that I am now more likely to employ violence to solve a high stress situation and if I use violence to solve my problems I am more likely to use lethal force against fellow human beings than I was just few days ago.

...I suppose I should admit that previously there would have been slightly higher chances that a high stress situation would have ended in my death and possibly the deaths of my comrades because I would have either hesitated to use force, cowered in fear or simply lacked the skills to use force in hand to hand fighting. I'm not saying that I suddenly know Kung-Fu or even Gun-Fu after one weekend but the mental training was pretty good and the mental threshold that prevents (most) people from killing other people usually is the biggest hurdle.

All around pretty fun weekend. Shooting with assault rifles (this was the first time I got my hands on a Chinese Type-56. Previously the only assault rifles I had used had been the Finnish RK 62 and RK 95 so it was nice to see how a Norinco compares to them.) Training to hit people with guns. Training to take guns away from people and then shooting and/or hitting them with their own gun. Training to stab people with knives. Training how to take knives away from people ...and then stab them with their own knife. Choke holds too.

Details. Don't open if you don't like gory mental images.
(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4013 on: April 10, 2016, 02:27:06 pm »
I'm down to normal person sizes, bitches!  I am officially a size 44.  Still a bit on the high end, but I can now buy pants almost anywhere, for the first time in round about 10 years.  I am pleased.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4014 on: April 10, 2016, 02:32:26 pm »
So not only did I get a 32 gb micro SD card for free today, I'm down to a size 46 pants and I'm gonna keep going.

Ironbite-maybe the swine flu was a good thing for me.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #4015 on: April 10, 2016, 04:05:48 pm »
Askold, are you covered in bruises? Ravy and I were talking on that topic elsewhere.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4016 on: April 10, 2016, 11:24:41 pm »
Actually, I have very few bruises at the moment. It's mainly just general pain from doing more physical training than I am used to.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #4017 on: April 13, 2016, 10:38:17 am »
I just had a baby boy. Actually, Mrs. Rookie had him. He was way early so he ended up being born at home. Both are very healthy.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #4018 on: April 13, 2016, 10:40:16 am »
Congrats!
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #4019 on: April 13, 2016, 10:48:37 am »
Beautiful!