Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 855741 times)

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #2145 on: July 16, 2013, 03:49:07 pm »
Having one of the Twinkies out of the first new batch.
New Twinkies!? YAY! I have never had one and was so sad when they were discontinued.

The Twinkies sold out at the store I go to, but I did score two boxes of Cupcakes.
 :D
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2146 on: July 16, 2013, 03:58:42 pm »
The boxes not only have the gold "First batch" badge, but they've got a new tagline: The sweetest comeback in the history of ever.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2147 on: July 16, 2013, 04:08:58 pm »
The boxes not only have the gold "First batch" badge, but they've got a new tagline: The sweetest comeback in the history of ever.
It's a shame that they have to union bust in order to do so, that is why I'm glad I'm not into Twinkies.

Offline Mira

• Literally Worse Than Hitler
  • Pope
  • Cisphobic reverse racist
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #2148 on: July 17, 2013, 01:47:21 am »
Today I signed a lease for my very first apartment! My new roommate is awesome and I'm super excited about everything. Moving isn't lots of fun, but I'm glad to start my new life. The flipside was that I had to drive 8 hours back home to Illinois today. I wasn't too fond of that.
I’ve grown overfed, unconcerned and comfortably numb
Kept busy indulging in the pleasures of the wealthy
Oh, someone make me afraid of what I’ve become!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2149 on: July 17, 2013, 01:52:33 am »
Today I signed a lease for my very first apartment! My new roommate is awesome and I'm super excited about everything. Moving isn't lots of fun, but I'm glad to start my new life. The flipside was that I had to drive 8 hours back home to Illinois today. I wasn't too fond of that.

Congratulations on your first apartment and living on your own for the first time! That seems so far away from home. I'd be terrified if I were in your shoes, since I haven't moved out yet. Or maybe I'm just developmentally delayed XD But I suppose at least you're within driving distance (even if it does take that long). Good luck with your new place!

Offline Mira

• Pope
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #2150 on: July 17, 2013, 02:00:42 am »

Congratulations on your first apartment and living on your own for the first time! That seems so far away from home. I'd be terrified if I were in your shoes, since I haven't moved out yet. Or maybe I'm just developmentally delayed XD But I suppose at least you're within driving distance (even if it does take that long). Good luck with your new place!

Thanks! Don't worry, I'm super terrified :p. I'm doing alright though since I'll have some really good friends living within 15 minutes of my apartment, plus my roommate who I get along with fantastically already. I felt like getting away from Chicagoland, plus my new school is one of the best for trans people in the nation, which makes it a great fit for me.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2151 on: July 17, 2013, 02:03:33 am »

Thanks! Don't worry, I'm super terrified :p. I'm doing alright though since I'll have some really good friends living within 15 minutes of my apartment, plus my roommate who I get along with fantastically already. I felt like getting away from Chicagoland, plus my new school is one of the best for trans people in the nation, which makes it a great fit for me.

My schools better :p

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2152 on: July 17, 2013, 02:08:22 am »
That's great that you have friends living close by and an awesome room-mate. That must make things a hell of a lot easier. I'd be even more scared if I didn't have friends or family close by.

And congratulations on your new school! Sorry, I hope you can forgive my ignorance in this, but what specifically about your new school makes it better for trans people than most other schools? Programs? Support groups? Understanding staff and student body? I'm genuinely curious to know.

Offline Mira

• Pope
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #2153 on: July 17, 2013, 02:16:10 am »

I won't get stabbed at my school.

Offline Mira

• Pope
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #2154 on: July 17, 2013, 02:18:44 am »
That's great that you have friends living close by and an awesome room-mate. That must make things a hell of a lot easier. I'd be even more scared if I didn't have friends or family close by.

And congratulations on your new school! Sorry, I hope you can forgive my ignorance in this, but what specifically about your new school makes it better for trans people than most other schools? Programs? Support groups? Understanding staff and student body? I'm genuinely curious to know.

They have a ton of really helpful services catered to us right on campus, plus the university health plan covers most parts of transition, including SRS.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2155 on: July 17, 2013, 02:19:48 am »

My school is obviously the school of Hard knocks :-\

ETA: But the Twin Cities lead the nation in rape...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:21:29 am by QueenofHearts »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2156 on: July 17, 2013, 02:20:32 am »
Kids these days, back in my day you got stabbed by the teacher as you came in and stabbed as you left. Don't even talk to me about Phys ed. Sure you might have had to learn to move your internal organs around to avoid fatal wounds. But that just builds character.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2157 on: July 17, 2013, 02:27:05 am »

They have a ton of really helpful services catered to us right on campus, plus the university health plan covers most parts of transition, including SRS.

Wow. That's terrific! No wonder Queen is jealous XD Good luck with your new apartment and your new school!

Offline Mira

• Pope
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #2158 on: July 17, 2013, 02:31:03 am »

My school is obviously the school of Hard knocks :-\

ETA: But the Twin Cities lead the nation in rape...

Oh sure, go right to the thing I can't make a joke about. We still have gay marriage. Minneapolis-1 Your City-0

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2159 on: July 17, 2013, 02:32:28 am »

Wow. That's terrific! No wonder Queen is jealous XD Good luck with your new apartment and your new school!

My school offers all of that....

And Mira, while that is true, my Uni allows same-sex domestic partnership benefits. Ergo, same boat. Besides, that's irrelevant as I'm not getting married anytime soon.