Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 856229 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #3225 on: June 15, 2014, 04:31:30 pm »
I just ordered me a bag of Valhalla Java Odinforce Blend coffee, by the dudes that do Death Wish coffee.  Got all the same caffeine levels, slightly less coffee in the bag (about 4oz, not much of a loss), was $5 cheaper, and had an even more kickass name.  I'm a happy beaver.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3226 on: June 20, 2014, 08:16:06 am »
Okay, I know this is a double post, you guys, but this...this is amazing.  I got my epic coffee yesterday, and opened it up to get a little out cause I promised my bro I'd bring some when I come down to visit next, and holy FUCK.  You can tell this is some serious fucking coffee before you even brew the shit.  They've got a really strong smell to 'em, and a good one at that, and...the grounds themselves are nearly pitch fucking black.

Oh?  And the brewed coffee itself?  Amazinggggggggggggggggggggggg!  Seriously, this beats even Dunkin Donuts coffee, and I love that shit!  Excuse me while I go juggle bulldozers or something when the massive 660mg of caffeine hits me.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3227 on: June 20, 2014, 09:06:05 pm »
.....I think I'm gonna have to come over and...confiscate this coffee.

Ironbite-yes....that's a plan.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3228 on: June 20, 2014, 10:14:45 pm »
.....I think I'm gonna have to come over and...confiscate this coffee.

Ironbite-yes....that's a plan.

Its only about $20 on Amazon, and that's with shipping included.  Get yer own, you bleedin feathery buffoon!

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #3229 on: June 23, 2014, 03:34:28 am »
About 11 weeks ago I created a baby. So, post-day goodness.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3230 on: June 25, 2014, 01:28:17 am »
A tornado passed very close to my home today, but it missed, so that's good.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3231 on: June 25, 2014, 04:24:58 am »
My wife got a job as a teacher! I'm going to stay home for the year taking care of the kids while she gets some work experience. We'll see later if she wants to continue working or if she wil take some time off and we'll get a third kid.

About 11 weeks ago I created a baby. So, post-day goodness.
Congratulations.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3232 on: June 26, 2014, 11:11:53 pm »
Went to the team member preview of Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando! The Gringotts ride wasn't open (though the queue, preshow, and elevator all were), but I saw the rest of the stuff with a good friend from costuming. It's probably the most detailed and best thought-out part of the park, and absolutely worth the trip.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3233 on: June 26, 2014, 11:19:24 pm »
Seems a bit late to be building an entire Harry Potter themed section of a theme park. At this point, it's safe to say that the series has well and truly faded into irrelevancy.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3234 on: June 27, 2014, 12:06:36 am »
Seems a bit late to be building an entire Harry Potter themed section of a theme park. At this point, it's safe to say that the series has well and truly faded into irrelevancy.

Yeah, which is why people everywhere are still talking about it, reading it to their kids, and making massive fan projects to it.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3235 on: June 27, 2014, 12:08:44 am »

Yeah, which is why people everywhere are still talking about it, reading it to their kids, and making massive fan projects to it.

I haven't heard anyone talking about it since the last movie came out.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3236 on: June 27, 2014, 12:14:22 am »

I have.  Frequently, in fact.  Probably because I hang around people who talk about it.

Just because you don't hear about things doesn't mean people aren't talking about them :P
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3237 on: June 27, 2014, 12:28:31 am »

I have.  Frequently, in fact.  Probably because I hang around people who talk about it.

Just because you don't hear about things doesn't mean people aren't talking about them :P

Well, how about that, then? That's what I get for steering well clear of any and all fandoms.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3238 on: June 27, 2014, 01:01:13 am »

Well, how about that, then? That's what I get for steering well clear of any and all fandoms.

Yep.

I should probably also point out that the Pottermore site is a thing that is filled with active people.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3239 on: June 27, 2014, 01:14:57 am »
Also, this is an expansion to existing content at the parks. Islands of Adventure has Hogsmede and Hogwarts itself, while Universal Studios Orlando has Diagon Alley/Knockturn Alley and London. Both are connected by the Hogwarts Express in the back of the park, with guests scanning their admission tickets upon entering the station to be allowed to travel to the next park.

And yeah, Harry Potter remains extremely popular. It's not at its massive height that it was at during the release of the books, but it's still one of the largest franchises on the entire planet, and probably one of the largest in the history of humankind. Diagon Alley is expected to have a massive grand opening in 2 weeks, and the media event was attended by many of the actors and their families (so Tim Burton was there with Helena Bonham Carter).

I was just lucky enough to be a seasonal team member, so I could get in early and check out everything except the ride portion of Gringotts.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:19:01 am by chitoryu12 »
Still can't think of a signature a year later.