Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 856964 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #3270 on: July 30, 2014, 12:20:40 pm »
Fuck your Mah Jongg.

Ironbite-Spades is where it's at.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3271 on: July 30, 2014, 12:30:53 pm »
Finally applying for a new job. The application/interview process is soul-sucking as always, but 40 hours guaranteed with full benefits AND a raise will be so worth it. Also, I found out my wisdom teeth are coming in straight, which gives me the option of leaving them in rather than dropping a months' pay on removal surgery.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3272 on: July 30, 2014, 07:28:59 pm »
I have a job interview planned for Friday morning.  I really hope they pay better...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #3273 on: August 02, 2014, 08:38:41 am »
Just passed my 3 basic level stage combat modules today in broadsword, broadsword + sheild, and baton with a 2:2, 2:1 and Lower 1st respectivley (the grading goes from best to worst; Recommendation, 1st, Lower 1st, 2:1, 2:2, 3rd and Fail).  So rather inconsistant results (I was the only one to get 3 different grades, everyone else either had all 3 grades the same or 2 grades the same) but whatever - when I started I didn't think there was any way I could possibly memorise 3 different fights of 20 moves each in 4 days, plus I don't have much natural co-ordination or grace.  So anything above a fail is pleasing.

I still need to do the single sword and unarmed modules and at least one fight with a script (ie dialogue) before I can move on to intermediate, and I need 10 basic modules total before I can be awarded "Actor-Combatant Basic" but hey, that's 3 down.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3274 on: August 02, 2014, 10:09:34 am »
Finally applying for a new job. The application/interview process is soul-sucking as always, but 40 hours guaranteed with full benefits AND a raise will be so worth it. Also, I found out my wisdom teeth are coming in straight, which gives me the option of leaving them in rather than dropping a months' pay on removal surgery.

Mine appear to be coming in straight... well... if they were coming in at all.  My upper wisdom teeth seem to just be hanging out in my maxilla.  Not like they have anything better to do or whatever.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3275 on: August 02, 2014, 10:44:26 am »

Mine appear to be coming in straight... well... if they were coming in at all.  My upper wisdom teeth seem to just be hanging out in my maxilla.  Not like they have anything better to do or whatever.
I never needed my wisdom teeth removed.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3276 on: August 03, 2014, 09:06:14 pm »
I went to our city's fair today with friends and got to feed/pet awesome animals. The guys running the games there were true carnies and would try to harass you into playing. It was hilarious. Then we went to get on a ride, and when a couple kids ran in front of us, the guy running it told them to stop and get the fuck back in line. That guy gets serious kudos.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3277 on: August 12, 2014, 10:56:41 pm »
Soon very soon me and a few other people in my Physics class will be constructing a Tesla Coil and I can not wait to harness electricity!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #3278 on: August 13, 2014, 02:41:02 am »
Figured out how to use the drop spindle properly, and completed a small skein of yarn.

So far for summertime string-related projects:
- (finished) Fluttershy pony
- (finished) spider
- (finished) skein
- halfway done with smaller spider
- shawl 3/4 complete

Once those are done I can start my fall projects:
- finish afghan (tragically neglected since January)
- hat and scarf set
- make more homemade string
- Optimus Prime
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #3279 on: August 13, 2014, 05:10:32 am »
Today I learned that Harvestmen (Daddy Longlegs) have a penis, something all other arachnids lack.

I don't know why this made me smile.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3280 on: August 13, 2014, 01:38:17 pm »
This was yesterday, actually, but I actually saw a hawk walking around next to our neighbor's garage.

At first I thought it was a cat (due to its camouflage) but it didn't look right... then I saw it move and saw its shape better.

It was definitely looking for something, but it eventually gave up and took off.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3281 on: August 13, 2014, 05:47:29 pm »
This was yesterday, actually, but I actually saw a hawk walking around next to our neighbor's garage.

At first I thought it was a cat (due to its camouflage) but it didn't look right... then I saw it move and saw its shape better.

It was definitely looking for something, but it eventually gave up and took off.

I live in a coastal area with a lot of marshes, and we get a lot of ospreys out here.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3282 on: August 14, 2014, 02:29:14 pm »
A webfic I thought was dead has apparently resurrected.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3283 on: August 14, 2014, 09:49:17 pm »
A webfic I thought was dead has apparently resurrected.
Finally, a new chapter of My Immortal!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3284 on: August 14, 2014, 11:13:43 pm »
That's a fanfic, not a webfic. You fail, sir.
Σא