Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 856606 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #3870 on: January 27, 2016, 01:29:13 pm »
Okay, this past week has been fucking MONEY WEEK.  Lemme break it down for ya.  Last week, had a meeting with my boss who said I'd been doing great work and that, though I'm an intern, I got a 20% raise (granted, only puts me at $12/hr, but STILL), a $1,000 BONUS...and fucking stock options.  But, that's not all, bitches.  OH NO.  If the info from my college is even remotely correct regarding my aid and tuition, my refund from student aid stands to be nearly $1,600.  So, no only am I making 20% more money, but I get investment opportunities and a $2,500 god damned windfall.  I AM STILL TECHNICALLY AN INTERN.  What the fuck?!  I need to know what amazing fucking thing I did to deserve this, so I can do it more.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3871 on: January 27, 2016, 08:45:23 pm »
Did not actually happen today, but found someone I had a crush on likes me back.
Σא

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3872 on: January 27, 2016, 09:11:54 pm »
Those are the moments you'll remember fondly until the day you die. Congrats!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3873 on: January 28, 2016, 12:35:23 am »
I lifted 195 pounds the other day on Bench Press - 10 pounds heavier than my bodyweight.

That's nearly 88.5kg right?  That's pretty impressive, that's the weight of a reasonably heavy fully grown man..  I can't bench very much, but I do have bad shoulders (in the case of my right shoulder, let's just say alcohol and bouncy castles don't mix).  That and I'm fat and lazy and just generally physically kind of crap but it's mostly the shoulders.  Ahem.  Oh and I'm shit at deadlifts coz I have a peculiarly weak back for some reason.

I did used to be able to bicep curl 45kg (I mean doing multiple reps and sets, it wasn't my maximum one-off lift) but then I got fat and old.

Edit: 45kg is slightly over 99lbs.

Thanks.

I also recently upped that max to 205 pounds on bench.

Also managed to barbell curl 100 pounds 5 times.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #3874 on: January 28, 2016, 09:44:10 am »
I lifted 195 pounds the other day on Bench Press - 10 pounds heavier than my bodyweight.

That's nearly 88.5kg right?  That's pretty impressive, that's the weight of a reasonably heavy fully grown man..  I can't bench very much, but I do have bad shoulders (in the case of my right shoulder, let's just say alcohol and bouncy castles don't mix).  That and I'm fat and lazy and just generally physically kind of crap but it's mostly the shoulders.  Ahem.  Oh and I'm shit at deadlifts coz I have a peculiarly weak back for some reason.

I did used to be able to bicep curl 45kg (I mean doing multiple reps and sets, it wasn't my maximum one-off lift) but then I got fat and old.

Edit: 45kg is slightly over 99lbs.

Thanks.

I also recently upped that max to 205 pounds on bench.

Also managed to barbell curl 100 pounds 5 times.

Damn you and your manliness!

Found out the other day that Daisy Ridley, who looks like she weighs about the same as an empty packet of crisps, can dead lift more than me.  So that made me feel good about myself physically.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3875 on: January 30, 2016, 01:25:03 pm »
So I started my new workout regiment with the treadmill we bought and today I walked 1.783 miles and burned 110 calories.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3876 on: January 30, 2016, 04:47:28 pm »
I had a very productive work out at the gym yesterday with my personal trainer, and today I plan on going for a run for a while to make sure I don't stand still too much even on my rest days.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3877 on: January 30, 2016, 10:31:29 pm »
I just found out that a university in North Carolina and the natural science museum in the same area teamed up to build a big new fossil lab, and they're looking to hire someone with experience in fossil preparation as a permanent, full-time lab assistant. Requirements were a high school diploma with a year of experience in paleontology, with a bachelor's degree preferred. Sent off the application today; hope this works out.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #3878 on: January 30, 2016, 11:13:50 pm »
You be careful comin' to tha south now, ya hear? (All jokes aside, I hope it works out, and wish you the best of luck in the job once it is safely yours.)
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3879 on: January 31, 2016, 09:37:27 am »
I just found out that a university in North Carolina and the natural science museum in the same area teamed up to build a big new fossil lab, and they're looking to hire someone with experience in fossil preparation as a permanent, full-time lab assistant. Requirements were a high school diploma with a year of experience in paleontology, with a bachelor's degree preferred. Sent off the application today; hope this works out.

Hoping that would be Duke, NCS, or UNC, and not Vanderbilt. Stay the fuck away from Vandy; it's a douche canoe finishing school.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3880 on: January 31, 2016, 04:48:40 pm »
NC eh?  Not that far for a road trip.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3881 on: February 01, 2016, 07:01:43 pm »
Aah, fulfilling a lifelong dream.  I finally have a set of lockpicks and I am learning to actually pick locks.  Its...actually easier than I'd thought.  Granted, the practice lock it came with might be taking it easy on me, but I still expected it to take far longer than it has.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3882 on: February 01, 2016, 07:02:39 pm »
I take it your neighbours have some nice stuff, eh?

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #3883 on: February 01, 2016, 07:21:22 pm »
Just make sure no horses are watching. Damn equines are the biggest narcs.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3884 on: February 01, 2016, 07:36:34 pm »
I take it your neighbours have some nice stuff, eh?

Shit, I don't even know what my neighbours look like.