Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 855817 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4035 on: April 18, 2016, 05:25:45 pm »
Congrats.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4036 on: April 19, 2016, 12:09:05 am »
I am apparently looking more muscular - bench pressed 230. That is 50 pounds more than I weigh. Granted I got to 8 before my upper body clunked out, but that's something.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4037 on: April 19, 2016, 12:19:10 am »
Damn, good goin, dude.

Writing for my Bardock fic is flowing surprisingly well.  Returned to the normal timeline, the cyborgs gave the Z fighters the slip (Sixteen's a lot craftier than he looks), the gang's split up to move Goku and search for clues the cyborgs, Trunks and Bardock have had a heart-to-heart, Krillin's suspicious of Vegeta (and the latter yells at the former for being thick), Piccolo and Nail devise a plan that might well be the best thing Trunks has ever received, and Cooler and Tien are...not written, yet, because I haven't gotten to them.  Probably banter of some sort, because that's how I'm writing Cooler and Tien would serve as the perfect foil for that sort of thing.  Damn, this is fun.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4038 on: April 19, 2016, 07:12:04 pm »
So far so good with Blue Apron the prepared meal website.  Two good meals out of 3 and tomorrow is Korean BBQ Sliders.

Ironbite-I'm fairly confident this'll be as good as the last two meals.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #4039 on: April 21, 2016, 04:40:03 am »
DESS

So I found a new favorite anime character today. From an anime I didn't even know about until just an hour ago. Karen Kujou from Kin-iro Mosaic. She is excellence.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4040 on: April 21, 2016, 01:20:50 pm »
Well, I thought the paleontology job offer was good news. However, there is a negative side to all of this as well.

I initially was reluctant to apply for paleontology jobs out of state after meeting my girlfriend, since I didn't want anything separating us. However, back in January she asked me how long I was going to stay in Arizona, revealing that she had wanted to leave the state for one more accepting of trans people and thought I could give her a chance to do so. That was why I eventually went back to this point. She told me she was willing to move almost anywhere, and said that there wouldn't really be anything holding her back.

However, when I told her about this offer, she became a lot more reluctant and said she would have to think about it very carefully. I'm still anxiously awaiting her answer, which she has refused to give me saying it's a very hard decision that she needs time to think about. I'm now feeling really conflicted. If there is nothing holding her back (her family doesn't care about her, she lives with a roommate who won't allow her to live and dress as herself, she has a job with unfair hours, low pay, and which forces her to present male), why all the conflict? And if she decieds she can't leave due to being too comfortable in her current position and/or scared of the unknown, what should I do? I can't just give up on this offer, but I don't want to leave her in this situation either and I don't want to lose someone I love dearly.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4041 on: April 22, 2016, 12:40:40 am »
Wasn't the job offer in North Carolina? She's probably not keen on that, seeing as she's suffering oppression overload all ready.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #4042 on: April 22, 2016, 05:32:31 am »
Wasn't the job offer in North Carolina? She's probably not keen on that, seeing as she's suffering oppression overload all ready.

No, that was a different position I applied for. This one is in Los Angeles, and it's really hard to find a more LGBT-friendly state than California. That's not the issue at all.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4043 on: April 22, 2016, 06:00:49 am »
Well, moving far away is still a big decision so I can easily see that she would want to think about it for a while. After all, this is a big commitment too and thinking about moving away (and pondering all the possible places to go) is not the same as being told that now there is a chance to move away to a specific place. It may be that the reality has sunk in and all the fears are coming in now.

My relationship advises suck but I would just reassure her of my support and wait for her to make up her mind for a while. Whether this will lead to a breakup or moving together to California trying to rush things or blackmail her can be harmful How long can you wait until giving a reply? Can you move first and have her move in afterwards?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #4044 on: April 22, 2016, 06:08:18 am »
Well, moving far away is still a big decision so I can easily see that she would want to think about it for a while. After all, this is a big commitment too and thinking about moving away (and pondering all the possible places to go) is not the same as being told that now there is a chance to move away to a specific place. It may be that the reality has sunk in and all the fears are coming in now.

My relationship advises suck but I would just reassure her of my support and wait for her to make up her mind for a while. Whether this will lead to a breakup or moving together to California trying to rush things or blackmail her can be harmful How long can you wait until giving a reply? Can you move first and have her move in afterwards?

I have to start the job on May 17th, so it will have to be soon. She's currently on vacation visiting some friends in Arkansas, and says she'll use the time to think about it and we'll get together and discuss options after she returns on May 1st. I've already suggested moving her in after I'm settled there.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4045 on: April 22, 2016, 10:52:27 am »
I need to stop doing things, I keep getting ideas.

I was explaining how Zenkai boosts in Dragon Ball Z equaled an exponential increase in power (since two 10x boosts would be 100x, and not 20x) and used a random name out of my ass: Cake, Saiyan Space Pirate.  I now want to write a crackfic about Cake, and shit's already working through my brain and I can't stop it.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4046 on: April 24, 2016, 02:27:07 pm »
You know Paleontologist was my dream job as a child.  Despite the tricky situation its put you in I'm still jealous as all fuck.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4047 on: April 24, 2016, 09:08:00 pm »
After a long time, I've finally changed my desktop wallpaper.  From Washu to Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.  What can I say?  I like the sad ones...I empathize with 'em more.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4048 on: April 25, 2016, 08:13:33 pm »
I GOT A 100% ON MY CHEMISTRY PRESENTATION!  Literally, 50/50 points, a full 5% of my grade!  I AM THE GOD OF PRESENTATION, FEAR ME!

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #4049 on: April 26, 2016, 02:06:29 am »
I got a new rototiller! My garden is dug out now and it took less than 3 hours. Last year, to do a garden 1/4 the size took me 8 hours with a shovel, hoe, and rake.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.