Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 855499 times)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4080 on: June 01, 2016, 08:09:06 pm »
Started my summer classes, by the way things are right now I think I'm gonna enjoy the next eight weeks.

Even Then

« Reply #4081 on: June 02, 2016, 07:56:21 am »
I also started my summer classes. I'm probably going to enjoy the next few weeks less, since some of the classes are on top of each other and I have to pass all of them to keep getting student support.

In actual happy news, I decided to start doing 100 crunches every day to maybe tone down all this belly fat I've gathered up over the years. (We'll just see how long that resolution lasts...) I started today by seeing how many crunches I can do in a row. 20. Might not be much, but by my personal standards that's surprisingly good.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4082 on: June 02, 2016, 08:03:38 am »
Now you just need to do 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, and 10km running.

EVERY SINGLE DAY!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Even Then

« Reply #4083 on: June 02, 2016, 08:31:00 am »
Maybe if this works out, I'll be able to up the amount.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4084 on: June 02, 2016, 10:41:23 am »
Ayy, I just got accepted into one of the schools I applied to! I'm going to wait until I get all the results in before I make a decision where to study, but no matter what I'm finally getting in somewhere! a major relief, considering I didn't get in anywhere last year, would have lost my mind if the same thing happened this time round. I'm lucky that I have amazing friends that helped me study and answered questions that I would ask at weird hours of the night. Finally feels like life is moving forward for me.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4085 on: June 06, 2016, 08:53:16 am »
Just saw John Oliver forgive almost $16 million US in medical debt, using just over $60,000 of his own money.  Eat your heart out, Oprah.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4086 on: June 06, 2016, 09:17:46 am »
Just saw John Oliver forgive almost $16 million US in medical debt, using just over $60,000 of his own money.  Eat your heart out, Oprah.

I am going to have to check that out...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4087 on: June 06, 2016, 10:19:49 am »

Check it out.  Pertinent bit is as the end, but the whole video kinda underlines just how insane debt can get, 'round here.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4088 on: June 06, 2016, 10:23:59 am »

Check it out.  Pertinent bit is as the end, but the whole video kinda underlines just how insane debt can get, 'round here.

Was already watching it. :)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4089 on: June 06, 2016, 12:42:58 pm »

What a wonderful thing to do.  I may not always agree with his opinions, but I never doubted the man's decency.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4090 on: June 11, 2016, 08:34:44 pm »
I mastered the word "testicles" in my Japanese kanji studies.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4091 on: June 11, 2016, 10:28:08 pm »
Not sure where that might come in handy, but whatever floats your boat Sleepy. (as an aside where do you learn Kanji I've been meaning to learn Japanese for a trip I'm going on in 2020.)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4092 on: June 11, 2016, 10:44:05 pm »
If what I know of anime is correct, "testicles" would be one of the most useful Japanese words to know. Surpassed only by "schoolgirl" and "tentacles".

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4093 on: June 12, 2016, 12:30:06 am »
If what I know of anime is correct, "testicles" would be one of the most useful Japanese words to know. Surpassed only by "schoolgirl" and "tentacles".

Yeah, I think that should cover ~90% of their sentences, so I'm pretty much set.

Not sure where that might come in handy, but whatever floats your boat Sleepy. (as an aside where do you learn Kanji I've been meaning to learn Japanese for a trip I'm going on in 2020.)

I've been using WaniKani and Tae Kim's guide to learn it. WaniKani breaks kanji down into radicals and then supplies you with mnemonics to help you remember the reading and definition. Tae Kim's guide is more for grammar, but it has a ton of examples for practice with reading/learning them.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4094 on: June 12, 2016, 03:15:35 am »
The Neo-nazi / racist / nationalist-rebel groups in Finland are breaking up. Soldiers of Odin is under police investigation (finally) after their leaders told their members to start assaulting "anyone who leans to the left" but to do so without their symbols so that the SoO could still claim to be a non-violent organization, "Rajat Kiinni" (Close the borders) is breaking up due to internal rivalries and disappointment and Suomen Sisu (The Guts of Finland) had a event last Wednesday where they had a bouncy castle and free buckets to be given to the 50 first people who arrive but they didn't get even that many people in attendance.

It is kinda telling when the only things that they can offer to people are empty buckets and a bouncy castle...