Author Topic: Dumb things the Romney/Ryan campaigns does  (Read 12108 times)

Distind

Re: Dumb things the Romney/Ryan campaigns does
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 08:20:40 am »
I lived in Massachusetts when he was governor.  He is a competent manager.  That's probably the only positive thing I can say about him.  He's a semi-likable guy who knows how to run a large organization.  He couldn't possibly fuck up as badly as Bush the Younger did.
The real question is can he still manage effectively with half the GOP up his ass. I get the distinct feeling that he might have been able to pull some of the democrat vote if he'd stuck to his old policies rather than towing the party line at every opportunity.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 09:01:48 am »
This thread will be like the Stupid Thing Rick Santorum Says thread. It will serve as a catch-all for the little stupid things that the Romney/Ryan campaign is doing. Like lying about "the average person":

Running for office.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 09:37:25 am »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-stands-comments-video-says-were-not-elegantly-032830339--election.html

Short version: Romney says his comments were "not elegantly stated", but claims they were taken out-of-context to paint him in a worse light. When asked if he really believed the comments in question, he simply walked away.

Am I the only one who suspects seeing the entire video in its original context would just make things worse for Romney?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 09:59:04 am »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-stands-comments-video-says-were-not-elegantly-032830339--election.html

Short version: Romney says his comments were "not elegantly stated", but claims they were taken out-of-context to paint him in a worse light. When asked if he really believed the comments in question, he simply walked away.

Am I the only one who suspects seeing the entire video in its original context would just make things worse for Romney?
Well the person who leaked these videos has promised even more so...I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 11:08:13 am »
Word is, Ratt Money wants to get tough on China. Apparently that means he wants taller barbed-wire fences and bigger suicide nets around the factories he bought there.
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 12:14:03 pm »
Word is, Ratt Money wants to get tough on China. Apparently that means he wants taller barbed-wire fences and bigger suicide nets around the factories he bought there.
Ya know, to keep potential workers out...

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 12:58:12 pm »

Well the person who leaked these videos has promised even more so...I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

Can I join you?? I have some popcorn

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 02:17:03 pm »
How are Obama and Romney so close in the polls right now. It's like 48 to 47 percent.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 03:50:17 pm »
How are Obama and Romney so close in the polls right now. It's like 48 to 47 percent.

Because in America we let our knuckleheads, bigots, xenophobes, homophobes, willfully misinformed, misogynists, and Christian fundamentalists vote?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 06:30:21 pm »
Oh you people want more from Romney?

Ok

At the private fundraiser held May 17 where Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney candidly spoke about political strategy—noting that he saw half of the American electorate as freeloaders and "victims" who do not believe in personal responsibility—he discussed various foreign policy positions, sharing views that he does not express in public, including his belief that peace in the Middle East is not possible and a Palestinian state is not feasible.

Mother Jones has obtained video of Romney at this intimate dinner and has confirmed its authenticity. The event was held at the home of controversial private equity manager Marc Leder in Boca Raton, Florida, with tickets costing $50,000 a plate. During the freewheeling conversation, a donor asked Romney how the "Palestinian problem" can be solved. Romney immediately launched into a detailed reply, asserting that the Palestinians have "no interest whatsoever in establishing peace, and that the pathway to peace is almost unthinkable to accomplish."

Romney spoke of "the Palestinians" as a united bloc of one mindset, and he said: "I look at the Palestinians not wanting to see peace anyway, for political purposes, committed to the destruction and elimination of Israel, and these thorny issues, and I say there's just no way."

You know I'd say something witty here but I just can't.

Ironbite-the implosion CONTINUES!

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 08:16:09 pm »
Well he did already say the Palestinians lived under such miserable conditions because of their culture...

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »
I'm actually beginning to wonder if Romney isn't trying to sabotage his own campaign.  You don't make such remarks in public in the YouTube era, even if you are at an ostensibly "private" fundraiser.  You have to know that your comments will eventually reach the media and the public, in one form or another.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 08:48:41 pm »
I'm actually beginning to wonder if Romney isn't trying to sabotage his own campaign.  You don't make such remarks in public in the YouTube era, even if you are at an ostensibly "private" fundraiser.  You have to know that your comments will eventually reach the media and the public, in one form or another.

You do if you're used to being an insular echo chamber where such remarks are praised.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 11:46:12 pm »
Fret not, according to FiveThirtyEight, Obama has a 72% chance of winning. If the election were held today, he would have a 90% chance of winning.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 12:21:05 am »
Oh my, Mittens just shot himself in the foot. In a speech to donors he trashed Obama supporters by accusing them of being perpetually dependant on the government for assistance and of harboring a victim mentality.

Hey. You know that "47 percent of citizens who pay no income tax" that Romney and the Republicans always talk about? The ones who live off of government assistance? The ones that they claim are worthless leeches that don't deserve government handouts? Guess where they all live. Go ahead, guess.

(click to show/hide)

"Fuck You, Got Mine" indeed.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:22:44 am by VirtualStranger »