Author Topic: Dumb things the Romney/Ryan campaigns does  (Read 12106 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Dumb things the Romney/Ryan campaigns does
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 09:12:56 pm »
Not even Megyn Kelly is having any of the Romney campaign's shit:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1847634188001/

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 02:12:45 am »
As soon as that fucktard mentioned the whole "You didn't build this" bullshit, I turned off the video.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 08:21:51 am »
As soon as that fucktard mentioned the whole "You didn't build this" bullshit, I turned off the video.
What can I say? It's the GOP's pitiful bullshit talking point of 2012.

Distind

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 09:08:45 am »
Hey. You know that "47 percent of citizens who pay no income tax" that Romney and the Republicans always talk about? The ones who live off of government assistance? The ones that they claim are worthless leeches that don't deserve government handouts? Guess where they all live. Go ahead, guess.

(click to show/hide)

"Fuck You, Got Mine" indeed.
What the fun part of this? My grandfather is one of them. Pays damn near nothing in taxes, absolutely nothing in federal taxes. Why? Because he's retired and is sitting on his hoard rather than working now. I'm curious just how many of these non-payers are just retirees who don't make money anymore.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2012, 09:14:16 am »
According to a news article I read, about 20% of the total.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2012, 10:48:34 am »
The best part of this is that a lot of those who don't pay income taxes, due so because of the Earned Income Tax Credit, which is a type of Negative Income tax, and wait for it... proposed by one of the economic darlings of the right, Milton Friedman. It's a fun fact that's good in messing with their heads.

Offline MrsYoungie

• Neonate
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 05:52:20 pm »
Can somebody from the States tell me what "payroll taxes" are and how are they different from "income taxes"?
Apparently part of the 47% pay payroll taxes only due to low earned income.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 06:13:13 pm »
The best part of this is that a lot of those who don't pay income taxes, due so because of the Earned Income Tax Credit, which is a type of Negative Income tax, and wait for it... proposed by one of the economic darlings of the right, Milton Friedman. It's a fun fact that's good in messing with their heads.

It's also fun to point out that Friedman's serious economic theory was Keynesian.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 07:46:59 am »
Can somebody from the States tell me what "payroll taxes" are and how are they different from "income taxes"?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payroll_tax

Offline MrsYoungie

• Neonate
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2012, 11:56:18 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payroll_tax
So - the payroll tax is actually paid by the employer?  Like a payroll assessment?  as opposed to a with-holding tax deducted from the gross pay?  Am I reading that right?
The Wikipedia compared it to the Ontario Health Tax which I am familiar with and which is assessed on the gross total payroll and paid by the employer.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2012, 12:01:08 am »

It's also fun to point out that Friedman's serious economic theory was Keynesian.

Not to mention that those who advocate the Austrian school of economics, and worship Hayek, forget that he was in favor of Basic Guaranteed Income, and Universal Healthcare. But randriods have selected memories, so...

Distind

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2012, 06:23:36 am »
Go old people:
http://news.yahoo.com/vp-candidate-ryan-heckled-booed-retiree-event-194856123.html

Apparently Ryan isn't as popular with old people as you would expect for someone who's actively destroying everything they setup for themselves and their children. Wait. Maybe that's exactly how popular he is.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 08:11:05 pm »
I recently said to follow me to show how dumb Mittens is.  And here it is.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn...0,2317962.story

In today's episode of "Mitt Romney does not understand the world", our old pal Mitt ponders aloud why windows don't open on airplanes.
“When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

Ironbite-THAT'S RIGHT!  THE REAL PROBLEM IS THAT AIRPLANE WINDOWS DON'T ROLL DOWN IN CASE OF A FIRE YOU STUPID FUCKING SON OF A BITCH!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm »
Having been in a car with a cigarette smoker who didn't understand that rolling the window down didn't magically sweep all the smoke out and keep the air clean, I can safely say that Romney is dumber than a 6 year old kid about this issue.

Also, even if it did, it'd also sweep all of the air out of the plane, too, as well as pretty much creating drag.

In other words, Romney didn't think this one out too much.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:46:41 pm by Zachski »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 09:48:40 pm »
I think he's more dumb for not understanding that when you're a few miles above the ground, there's not enough oxygen to breath. That's why the windows don't roll down.