Author Topic: Tony Abbott New PM of Australia  (Read 11752 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: Tony Abbott New PM of Australia
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2013, 09:18:05 am »
I so sincerely hope Abbott and his creeps get dressed down by the UN, at the least, that his govt is voted out in rage ASAP, and some jail time would be nice, too.
Unlikely. Most people here are either hostile towards asylum seekers or simply don't care, and will probably see any UN condemnations as foreigners sticking their noses where they don't belong. He'll have to fuck up a lot more than that if he's to convince the average Bogan that Labor are the better party as early as the next election.
How important is the bogan vote, though? Labor comprehensively trashed the Coalition six years ago, and beat them again three years ago. It's not like the Coalition have a permanent majority, particularly with as weak a leader as Abbott.

Whoever it was that voted for Abbott in the first place, then. My overall point is that it takes quite a lot for swing voters to support the opposition in just one election cycle. The UN condemning the government over asylum seekers won't be even close enough to do it.

2013 was pretty damn close. Remember, that's after all those LABOR FAILURES and every boat being a POLICY FAILURE and the CARBON TAX THAT WILL SLAUGHTER YOUR CHILDREN. I don't see Abbott holding onto his 3 point win in 2016.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Art Vandelay

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2013, 10:11:43 am »
2013 was pretty damn close. Remember, that's after all those LABOR FAILURES and every boat being a POLICY FAILURE and the CARBON TAX THAT WILL SLAUGHTER YOUR CHILDREN. I don't see Abbott holding onto his 3 point win in 2016.
Eh? 2013 was not close in any sense of the word, it was a landslide win for the Coalition. 2016 should be no different, as we all know the incumbent government is pretty much always a shoe in during the 2nd election cycle. All they really need to do is attack whatever election campaign Labor comes up with and that'll pretty much do it.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2013, 10:42:14 am »
Art's right we are doomed