Author Topic: America: Land of the Paranoid and Home of the Trigger-Happy  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
America: Land of the Paranoid and Home of the Trigger-Happy
« on: December 01, 2013, 09:15:50 pm »
So apparently an old man with Alzheimer's was shot because he mistakenly tried to go to the wrong house.  After the owner and his fiancé decided to call 911, the owner decided to go outside and SHOOT the man.  This is supposedly after he gave several "verbal warnings"  to the elderly man that weren't responded to.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/11/29/alzheimers-victim-shot/

Of course, what can you really expect out of a nation that treats guns as a fucking fetish (of which I'm reminded of way too often in my FB feed)?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: America: Land of the Paranoid and Home of the Trigger-Happy
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 10:31:00 pm »
He felt threatened I imagine.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 10:41:21 pm »
Yeah, that was it - shooter quoted by sheriff said he felt threatened.

Why the fuck would you shoot a person you can't really see in the darkness outside? WTF is wrong with using a flashlight, through a window, or at least before you shoot at someone you cannot see?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 11:37:05 pm »
Yeah, that was it - shooter quoted by sheriff said he felt threatened.

Why the fuck would you shoot a person you can't really see in the darkness outside? WTF is wrong with using a flashlight, through a window, or at least before you shoot at someone you cannot see?

Fucking

tactical

lights

how do they work?

If you can't afford the $20 they cost (On the low end), then I know damn well you own duct tape and a mini Mag-lite. If you have even the slightest idea you might shoot at anything in even dim light, put a damn flashlight on it. You know how I know? Because I get to deal with meth heads trying to jack our ship in the middle of the night, and having succeeded maybe three times already.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 11:46:53 pm »
You know, I'm not saying the guy was wrong for "feeling threatened" (albeit at a rather VAGUE threat, as the two posters above have pointed out).  I'm just rather irritated that the "answer" to feeling threatened is to use lethal force.  Hence the title of the thread.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 12:20:44 am »
But flashlights on guns to see potential victims! Too hippy-liberal-pussy for us. That impinges upon the phallic compensation that guns represent.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 12:23:48 am »
I guess they didn't have lights on the front porch either.

I suppose it is possible that he was so terrified that he wasn't thinking properly and therefore fired blindly into a dark figure rather than finding out who that was... But in that case this person should certainly not have a gun. Guns are for people who use them responsibly.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 12:39:57 am »
Guns are for people who use them responsibly.

If only the United States had a legislative framework in place to make sure that was the case...

The arms manufacturers would go batshit.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 03:25:58 am »
But flashlights on guns to see potential victims! Too hippy-liberal-pussy for us. That impinges upon the phallic compensation that guns represent.

What? Tactical flashlights are totally legit! They have freaking tactical in the name! That's totally SWAT!

Even aside from the potentially-unavailable electric torch option, surely his house had, like, external lights or some such?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 02:02:29 pm »
Of course, what can you really expect out of a nation that treats guns as a fucking fetish (of which I'm reminded of way too often in my FB feed)?

Annnnnd suddenly, this clip comes to mind:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8JK0CLsHRQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8JK0CLsHRQ</a>
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.