Author Topic: Small Town Fighting Neo-Nazis  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Small Town Fighting Neo-Nazis
« on: September 22, 2013, 02:14:23 pm »
Linkity link~

So basically, there's a town in North Dakota called Leith. Craig Cobb, a white supremacist leader, is trying to convince other assholes like him to move there so that they can basically take over the town. Naturally, this is a problem for the small-town residents, who aren't as close-minded as you might expect.

(If I remember correctly, wasn't the Gaede family trying to do something similar in a small town in Montana?)
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Re: Small Town Fighting Neo-Nazis
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 05:03:46 pm »
Yeah, saw this on yahoo news this morning (word of warning: if you're going to check out the yahoo article too, avoid the comments like the plague). Reading about it a second time doesn't make me feel any less disgusted with the whole situation. You'd think that in this day and age that nobody would see any need to be racist, but I suppose that's too much to hope for in this world.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 09:06:02 pm »
Nailing the doors and windows shut and burning down his house with him in it would be a pretty damn good deterrent for those that wish to follow him.

The scary part is that they sound like they are so small and so far off the beaten path they could actually get away with it if the whole town just kept their mouths shut.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 09:12:01 pm »
Nailing the doors and windows shut and burning down his house with him in it would be a pretty damn good deterrent for those that wish to follow him.

Seems reasonable.

I mean, burning people alive for unpopular views is totally not a Nazi thing to do.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 09:58:30 pm »

Seems reasonable.

I mean, burning people alive for unpopular views is totally not a Nazi thing to do.

Yeaaaaaaah, as much as I hate Neo-Nazis, and racist pricks in general, even I find that a little -too- extreme...even if its a joke.  I'd suggest just throwin rocks at 'em until they leave.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 10:03:29 pm »
Not sure what to think. We have Chinatowns, Little Tokyos, etc. around, so if they want one and the residents allow it, ok then. But of course, the residents have taken issue with this, so ...
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 01:22:57 am »
Not sure what to think. We have Chinatowns, Little Tokyos, etc. around, so if they want one and the residents allow it, ok then. But of course, the residents have taken issue with this, so ...

The Chinatowns etc. largely came about due to racism, and to this day tend to be low-income high-crime* areas. It was once actually illegal for Asians to live outside of their designated areas. The phenomena of immigrants forming communities in their new country also continues to play a part in modern times.

This guy is trying to forcibly change the demographics of a small town to his liking. It's not really the same thing.

*It's interesting to note that Asian-Americans are the most likely not to report a crime, even as victims, and historically Chinatowns etc. were outright ignored by law enforcement.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 02:59:19 am »

The scary part is that they sound like they are so small and so far off the beaten path they could actually get away with it if the whole town just kept their mouths shut.

First they came for the neo-nazis, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a neo-nazi...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 03:08:26 pm »

The Chinatowns etc. largely came about due to racism, and to this day tend to be low-income high-crime* areas. It was once actually illegal for Asians to live outside of their designated areas. The phenomena of immigrants forming communities in their new country also continues to play a part in modern times.

This guy is trying to forcibly change the demographics of a small town to his liking. It's not really the same thing.

*It's interesting to note that Asian-Americans are the most likely not to report a crime, even as victims, and historically Chinatowns etc. were outright ignored by law enforcement.

To be fair to the Chinatowns, they tend to police their own.

Ironbite-even when they're under the thumbs of the Triads.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 07:53:36 pm »

To be fair to the Chinatowns, they tend to police their own.

Ironbite-even when they're under the thumbs of the Triads.

To that point, Ibby... this is going to be weird to say, but I rather find that fascinating.  You take care of 'your' community's problems.  No need to get anybody else involved.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 08:28:01 pm »
As do I.  But unfortunetly when you do that, it becomes mob rule and that's just...ug.

Ironbite-mob rule is never justice.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 04:37:41 pm »

Seems reasonable.

Yeaaaaaaah, as much as I hate Neo-Nazis, and racist pricks in general, even I find that a little -too- extreme...even if its a joke.  I'd suggest just throwin rocks at 'em until they leave.

Using slingshots.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 07:04:54 pm »

Seems reasonable.

Using slingshots.

Trebuchets?

I've always wanted to build a boulder chucking siege engine.  ;D

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 03:24:16 am »
Trebuchets are nice. Potato guns can be fun too. Personally, I'd like Mossad to arrange some "accidents" for them.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!