Author Topic: Tabletop Game Thread  (Read 63287 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Tabletop Game Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2015, 02:58:43 am »
Random guy: Character death is just a risk you have to accept. Both for the players and the GM. Besides, you did say that you have trouble scaling the difficulty of the battles. I have played systems where a single hit can kill a character if the attacker is really lucky. No resurrection spells either.

Some people like those deadly systems because it adds real risk and makes challenging battles even without superpowered opponents.

Cloud3514: I suppose GW concentrates on the armies that sell the most. But I have  to admit that the Sisters have suffered, in model availability, rule books and even the fluff...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2015, 04:53:18 pm »
You know Random you've done nothing wrong at all.  Like really.  I mean at least your not my GM who still hasn't figure out that the party he's running has 3 min/maxers and that'll cause a ton of problems when you don't set up your battlefield ahead of time.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2015, 09:56:21 pm »
You know, these look neat and all, and I'm not opposed to the idea of a Mechanicum army, but do we seriously need ANOTHER Imperium force? I get that they want to keep churning out Codices even after fully updating the game, but can't we see things like Tau Auxiliaries (we are apparently getting Kroot Mercenaries, so I guess that's something?) or, hell, a PROPER update for the Sisters of Battle? I wouldn't even be opposed to just getting the other three Chaos god out of the way with Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh Daemonkin. Khorne Daemonkin kinda spills the beans on those already. We know they're coming. There's no use in pretending otherwise.

Relax, brah. If Crimson Slaughter, a relatively new warband, can beat out all of the other legion-descended warbands for the spotlight, Sisters can get a new codex eventually.

I'd like to see more of Laserburn integrated into the current 'verse myself, honestly. The Red Redemption (See? Even their name's awesome) was pretty damn cool for a mildly racist and Islamophobic concept, even if I can't see any place for them as well, followers of a Old Terra religion.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:59:25 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2015, 12:34:33 pm »
AdMech is going to get me back into 40k, after enjoying the hell out of The End Times for Warhammer Fantasy
Even if... (spoiler, duh!)
(click to show/hide)

7th 40k... not a big fan. It hasn't fixed the biggest problems with 6th ed (over powered fliers) while adding its own problems, (the whole psychic phase, super heavies getting legitimised in standard games, the whole Lords of War concept in itself). I do like the random mission objectives though...

Meanwhile in a game i had yesterday, two small units of Ungors made back their points 4 or 5 fold, taking down a dwarven war machine each, and one taking down the dwarf BSB. Hah! Oh I do love the Legions of Chaos list. Nurgle Beastmen? YES PLEASE!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:37:05 pm by IanC »

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2015, 08:12:23 pm »
AdMech is going to get me back into 40k, after enjoying the hell out of The End Times for Warhammer Fantasy
Even if... (spoiler, duh!)
(click to show/hide)

Hell of a better way to go than wrestling with your arch-enemy while falling into the Warp, as all of existence disappears around you. *Cough* Sigmar-Franz-Deathclaw and Archaon*Cough*

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2015, 12:30:14 pm »
So looked at the rules for the Skitarii in this weeks White Dwarf... nice. Bit better than guard stat line wise, awesome new weapons, some kind of orders system (theres a special rule which is left unexplained and something about one of the special issue war gear for the Alpha of the unit giving plus 1 leadership for rolls for that thing), Alpha has 2 wounds and they are Relentless. Nice. Nice.

Also they are Troops, with the two versions of that walker acting as Fast Attack and Heavy Support. Also theres mentions of tanks when they show the new, huge mail order transfer sheet. Hope this means they can use any tank from the guard/space marines! (they should, really)

Preordered two boxes. Gonna make them as one each of the Skitarii troop choices, 1 Rangers 1 Vanguard.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:32:29 pm by IanC »

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2015, 01:48:53 pm »
So, Skitarii are a Militarum Tempestus type army from what I've read so far. Firstly, we get the Codex: Skitarii that details rules for the units that already been revealed. Then, there is supposedly a more complete Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus that I'd assume contain rules for stuff like Titans and Robots.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2015, 01:17:59 am »
In case you're interested, I have a campaign journal chronicling my group's adventures.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2015, 01:26:29 am »
I might be getting into a game of 2300 AD / Traveller.

My go to plan is to create an outrageous French man. Particularly a suave gentleman who would work as the "face" of the group.

...But because of the character creation rules the only certainties are the characters nationality, gender and name. Everything else, up to and including whether or not he survives the character creation, will be decided by my luck with the dice.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Online ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2015, 04:06:03 pm »
I have a youtube channel with my group's exploits.

Ironbite-so there.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2015, 05:23:06 pm »
I have a youtube channel with my group's exploits.

Ironbite-so there.

Was there supposed to be a link in there?

Online ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2015, 08:35:59 pm »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2015, 01:19:41 am »
I made that character for a 2300AD game yesterday.

Since making characters in 2300AD/Traveller is down to luck my character had mediocre stats and kept getting fired out of every job he took. He was also repeatedly injured on duty and as a result is in serious debt before the game has even started. His skills are also lacking because he kept losing jobs and therefore couldn't roll as many skills.

Meanwhile another player rolled 12 (on 2d6) for two of his stats and his worst stat was 9. He also got longevity/2 which meant that he could have a 40 year career before starting the game and still hasn't suffered from old age. (His character is a retired Marine Brigadier and a very high ranked diplomat. The only thing holding back the character is his ARROGANCE flaw which means a severe penalty to diplomatic skills. He is still much better in social skills than a normal human and incredibly good if dealing with people he respects. Also filthy rich and armed with gauss weapons because he had to do something with all that money.)

Online ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2015, 08:31:48 am »
BTW the link I provided was just a link to the current game with that particular GM.  There's also a completed game of Curse of the Crimson Throne on there.  That took about a year to complete.

Ironbite-I kinda miss Jozan.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2015, 08:49:27 am »
*Snip*

Well, at least you didn't die in character generation- always hated whenever that happened.

As for the other guy, damn.