Author Topic: Microsoft/Time Warner top contenders for Actiblizzard buyout  (Read 1437 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Vivendi is strangled by a pile of only slowly declining debt that currently stands at about $15.5 billion. The sale of Activision Blizzard, which is majority-owned by Vivendi, could alleviate the growing pain substantially. The 60 percent stake Vivendi holds is estimated to be worth about $10 billion. According to Reuters, Vivendi may have started fielding potential buyers, which reportedly include Time Warner as well as Microsoft.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/activision-blizzard-Sale-Buyers-Acquisition,news-15812.html#xtor=RSS-993

You know I wouldn't mind if Microsoft bought them out.  I mean Bungie was owned by Microsoft for the longest time and Halo was awesome.  So I don't see that being too terrible.  Though if say Time Warner bought them out I have to admit I have no idea if that would be a good thing or a bad thing...maybe a bad thing considering Time Warner would be just like Vivendi, gaming isn't their main philosophy and never stepping foot in the gaming market before may not have the best results.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Microsoft/Time Warner top contenders for Actiblizzard buyout
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 03:10:46 pm »
Direct result of a Microsoft buyout: Activision franchises become Microsoft second party and Call of Duty, Prototype and any sort of Guitar Hero revival become XBox exclusives. It would be interesting to see how Sony would react.

As for a Time Warner buyout: No idea what direct results would be, but I hope they aren't as greedy as Viacom.
Who needs a signature?

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:05:40 pm »
Direct result of a Microsoft buyout: Activision franchises become Microsoft second party and Call of Duty, Prototype and any sort of Guitar Hero revival become XBox exclusives. It would be interesting to see how Sony would react.

As for a Time Warner buyout: No idea what direct results would be, but I hope they aren't as greedy as Viacom.

Could you imagine blizzard  to consoles as xbox exclusives? That could be interesting.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:40:01 pm »
I'd welcome a Microsoft buyout, as it would likely lead to more local jobs in game design.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 12:23:27 am »
I would definitely prefer Microsoft over Time Warner.  As stated earlier, they actually know the gaming industry a LOT better.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter