Author Topic: Meteorite explodes over Russia  (Read 8961 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Meteorite explodes over Russia
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 11:48:38 pm »
Don't give Russia idesa

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 12:17:50 am »
I wonder what the fundies will think of this?

Well, the leader of a nationalist party in Russia (already notorious for inflammatory and highly ignorant statements) is claiming that it's an American weapon test.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 01:35:07 am »
Well, if this ended up a Mass Empowering Event, it'd suck.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 01:40:26 am »

Well, the leader of a nationalist party in Russia (already notorious for inflammatory and highly ignorant statements) is claiming that it's an American weapon test.
Well he's clearly wrong on this. It was Saiyans.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 02:01:09 am »
I love all the footage from this. Its so cool to watch the bright flash of light as it bursts
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 02:05:45 am »

Dang them Saiyans... Don't they know they're so ridiculously overpowered they can destroy the universe by farting?

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 06:36:15 am »
That's nothing.  Just wait till he goes super saiyan!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 05:38:13 pm »
Getting some info from another site. I'll quote relevant posts and provide pictures here.

Possible impact location

It doesn't generate ionizing radiation, either.

It may rank in the kiloton, tens of kilotons, hundreds of kilotons, or more putting the energy release in the same league as a nuke, but it's not a nuke. I'm not conversant in all the ways the two would differ, but yeah, anything electromagnetic generated will be of a much shorter wavelength, and the "detonation" occurs very high in the atmosphere, which goes a long way to mitigating the energy that actually reaches structures and people.

It does demonstrate, however, that merely shockwave, that is, the sonic and kinetic energy transmitted through the atmosphere, will cause damage a considerable distance from the primary source of the energy.

:::scribbles notes furiously::: In the event of a massively bright flash in the sky, stay away from the windows!!!

(Really, it is a good rule of thumb. Also, stay away from windows when in the vicinity of a bomb threat or if you hear gunfire outside.)

I don't think it could be under the 500 ton [TNT] total energy level, it appears to have broken windows at several kilometer slant range perpendicular to its path, and a progressive breakup and multiple explosions would generate less reflected pressure then one solid blast. Once someone plots the damage we'll have a very good idea of just what it was like of course. It could well be several kilotons, though this seems unlikely unless more then the current single building with major structural collapse are found. Hopefully not, as that will make it very likely that people died.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 07:21:21 pm »
That's nothing.  Just wait till he goes super saiyan!
Don't give him any ideas! Last time I saw him go super saiyan I swear to God it sounded like either 1) He was constipated or 2) He had a kidney stone the size of my fist passing through him. If farting could blow up the world imagine what one of those two will do! Think of the world you bastard! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!

Okay, I'll stop now.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 07:55:48 pm »

Dang them Saiyans... Don't they know they're so ridiculously overpowered they can destroy the universe by farting?
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 02:22:52 pm »

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 03:39:14 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDH29DNHdXs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDH29DNHdXs</a>
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2013, 04:30:37 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/15/meteorite-streaks-across-russian-urals_n_2691904.html

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, a nationalist leader noted for his vehement statements, blamed the Americans.

"It's not meteors falling. It's the test of a new weapon by the Americans," the RIA Novosti news agency quoted him as saying.

Yeah, we're going to spend billions of dollars on a weapon that causes minor cuts and scrapes.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2013, 11:07:03 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/15/meteorite-streaks-across-russian-urals_n_2691904.html

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, a nationalist leader noted for his vehement statements, blamed the Americans.

"It's not meteors falling. It's the test of a new weapon by the Americans," the RIA Novosti news agency quoted him as saying.

Yeah, we're going to spend billions of dollars on a weapon that causes minor cuts and scrapes.
Why not? Imagine how much it'd cost in medical care to treat that. You could bankrupt a country if you were effective enough.

Or be the worst troll in history.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 01:47:47 am »

Don't you get it? He is implying that not only is USA evil, but it is also incompetent. Spending millions on some experimental new missile and then when it is finally time to test it on some random Russians it just goes *phut.*

And besides, seeing how much money USA is throwing at middle east occupations, your economical state, insane military spending not to mention how your laws and taxes prey on the weak and poor compared to the corporations and millionares you don't actually make a good argument about being fiscally smart.

I have no trouble believing that some smoky room deal would have your goverment paying millions to a contractor to make some experimental weapons that turn out to be useless.

Mind you that I do not believe that you would actually test it on civilians, so that argument fails in the second part, but weird missiles would be a rather more believable than all those other projects of yours that we DO know about.

Exoskeletons, swarming killer robots, OICW, Jumbo jet with a laser (and a nuclear power plant to power it) etc.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!