Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073257 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2640 on: November 26, 2012, 05:41:48 pm »
Oh yeah... Sleeping... and the DS too.  When I was going to school we didn't have them newfangled game-playing thingies!  Well... we did, but it was the pea-soup GameBoy and they were usually taken away if they were brought out during class.   

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2641 on: November 26, 2012, 05:48:44 pm »
Oh yeah... Sleeping... and the DS too.  When I was going to school we didn't have them newfangled game-playing thingies!  Well... we did, but it was the pea-soup GameBoy and they were usually taken away if they were brought out during class.

In elementary school, we weren't allowed to bring cards, including pokemon cards. They said the rule was so kids wouldn't be tempted to gamble or learn how.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #2642 on: November 26, 2012, 06:16:03 pm »
Okay, my roommate is a fucking idiot. He only went home for the Thursday of Thanksgiving break, and came back that night. As soon as he did, he left for a party or a rave or some shit and didn't come back till four in the afternoon yesterday. For two days while he was at the party and I was at home, our lights were on, our door was open, his music was blaring, and there was trash and open food fucking everywhere. Our garbage was overflowing, but he hadn't thought to take it out before he left. I didn't think much of it, since he cleaned most of it up yesterday, except for the trash can.

Today, I went to brush my teeth at the sink and had an awful realization. Because Nathan can't be assed to do anything other than drink, party, and listen to his techno music at high volume all the damn time, we now have a fucking fly infestation.

I'm getting sick of his shit.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2643 on: November 26, 2012, 07:37:38 pm »
Some preacher apparently came to my university, wanted to use the grounds as a pulpit, refused to pay the usage fee, and is now suing the school over it.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2644 on: November 26, 2012, 07:53:12 pm »
Okay, my roommate is a fucking idiot. He only went home for the Thursday of Thanksgiving break, and came back that night. As soon as he did, he left for a party or a rave or some shit and didn't come back till four in the afternoon yesterday. For two days while he was at the party and I was at home, our lights were on, our door was open, his music was blaring, and there was trash and open food fucking everywhere. Our garbage was overflowing, but he hadn't thought to take it out before he left. I didn't think much of it, since he cleaned most of it up yesterday, except for the trash can.

Today, I went to brush my teeth at the sink and had an awful realization. Because Nathan can't be assed to do anything other than drink, party, and listen to his techno music at high volume all the damn time, we now have a fucking fly infestation.

I'm getting sick of his shit.

Damn... well fruit flies aren't that hard to get rid of. Just take out the trash... Of course that's hard if your room mate is an utter slob.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2645 on: November 27, 2012, 05:00:13 pm »
The World Bank.

I'm trying to get data from their website for a paper I'm working on, and I cannot imagine a more labyrinthine layout.  They have abbreviations that they do not and Google cannot explain.  There does not seem to be a way to access a simple table of the amount that they have loaned to each country.  The place were all of that information is collected, but you can only view about 20 countries per page, and thus have to tab through a lot of pages to get the information for each of the 17 nations in which I am interested.  Moreover, I've found pages on their website through Google that I cannot navigate to through their home page or country pages.  On these pages, they list the total loans that they have made to one specific country.  The numbers from this source don't match the numbers from the other page, and it's not even close.  One has Bolivia as having been approved for a total of $15 million, with virtually none dispersed, while the other says that they have had nearly $275 billion dispersed.

I don't know if they're being intentionally difficult to navigate, or if an advanced degree in accounting is necessary to understand their website, it's annoying either way, and I'm not sure if I have valid data for my paper.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2646 on: November 27, 2012, 05:18:22 pm »
How weird parrots behave. My bird is only attached to me, and treats everything else like a threat. He is a little cuddle monster around me, but he acts like a guard dog whenever anyone else is around. Also he attacks objects and people if it distracts me from him. Like right now, I'm laying on my belly with my laptop in front of me. Auggie(the bird's name) is on the ground and cuddling my face and snuggling under my neck. But since I have the computer, he is trying to block my view of it so I focus on him. He does the same with books, Nintendo, TV, my phone, and homework. If I don't notice him after that he will headbutt me and rub his face on my face as hard a he can like "HUMAN. GIVE ME ATTENTION. NOW". He leans on my face so I can't see sometimes too.
Also, he attacks my computer, phone, DS, and whatever I'm reading since he thinks hes competing for attention.  If I'm typing with my hands he will eventually think my hands are his enemy too since they are "cuddling" the computer instead of him.

What's weird is that he acts like a little guard dog around me, but whenever he sees my mom he becomes her guard dog and treats me like a threat. Sometimes he attacks my mom though to "protect" me. I guess it just depends on who he wants to see at the time.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #2647 on: November 27, 2012, 05:48:28 pm »
The World Bank.

I'm trying to get data from their website for a paper I'm working on, and I cannot imagine a more labyrinthine layout.  They have abbreviations that they do not and Google cannot explain.  There does not seem to be a way to access a simple table of the amount that they have loaned to each country.  The place were all of that information is collected, but you can only view about 20 countries per page, and thus have to tab through a lot of pages to get the information for each of the 17 nations in which I am interested.  Moreover, I've found pages on their website through Google that I cannot navigate to through their home page or country pages.  On these pages, they list the total loans that they have made to one specific country.  The numbers from this source don't match the numbers from the other page, and it's not even close.  One has Bolivia as having been approved for a total of $15 million, with virtually none dispersed, while the other says that they have had nearly $275 billion dispersed.

I don't know if they're being intentionally difficult to navigate, or if an advanced degree in accounting is necessary to understand their website, it's annoying either way, and I'm not sure if I have valid data for my paper.

I could ask my dad about it, since he's got a pretty strong accounting background.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #2648 on: November 27, 2012, 11:11:26 pm »
How weird parrots behave. My bird is only attached to me, and treats everything else like a threat. He is a little cuddle monster around me, but he acts like a guard dog whenever anyone else is around. Also he attacks objects and people if it distracts me from him. Like right now, I'm laying on my belly with my laptop in front of me. Auggie(the bird's name) is on the ground and cuddling my face and snuggling under my neck. But since I have the computer, he is trying to block my view of it so I focus on him. He does the same with books, Nintendo, TV, my phone, and homework. If I don't notice him after that he will headbutt me and rub his face on my face as hard a he can like "HUMAN. GIVE ME ATTENTION. NOW". He leans on my face so I can't see sometimes too.
Also, he attacks my computer, phone, DS, and whatever I'm reading since he thinks hes competing for attention.  If I'm typing with my hands he will eventually think my hands are his enemy too since they are "cuddling" the computer instead of him.

What's weird is that he acts like a little guard dog around me, but whenever he sees my mom he becomes her guard dog and treats me like a threat. Sometimes he attacks my mom though to "protect" me. I guess it just depends on who he wants to see at the time.

Is it a Salmon-Crested/Moluccan Cockatoo? Those birds are serious snuggle bunnies.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2649 on: November 27, 2012, 11:54:23 pm »
Or possibly a Senegal Parrot?  They're notorious for picking one person, and one person only.  All others, beware their wrath.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:57:35 am by SpaceProg »

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2650 on: November 28, 2012, 12:10:21 am »
I'm now 30 and I feel much older...

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2651 on: November 28, 2012, 01:40:40 am »
Neon color schemes.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2652 on: November 28, 2012, 08:49:54 am »
The World Bank.

I could ask my dad about it, since he's got a pretty strong accounting background.

I appreciate it, but I don't think it would really help.  The thing that is killing me is the non-matching numbers, even though the descriptions of the numbers are identical.  The only thing that I can think of is that they cover different time frames, but there is no description of the time period with the data.  When it says "total dispersed," I don't know if it means this year, this decade, since the Bank was established, etc.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2653 on: November 28, 2012, 05:12:45 pm »
Or possibly a Senegal Parrot?  They're notorious for picking one person, and one person only.  All others, beware their wrath.

Nope. Hes a Blue Crowned Conure.
Here's a vid of one, its not Auggie, but he acts exactly like this one:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiYhIpDiF7Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiYhIpDiF7Q</a>

Of course, hes like that around me only. If anyone except me or my mom tried that he'd try to rip their fingers off.
I did a little experiment with it too. I took a teddy bear and put it in front of Auggie. He didn't react at all. Then I started kissing and cuddling the bear while saying "good bird!" and other things. After 10 seconds, Auggie was puffed up twice as big and bobbing his head in anger. I put the bear in front of him and he attacked it like crazy. It was like watching someone stab something like 80 times.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2654 on: November 28, 2012, 06:44:04 pm »
A motherfucker in his shitty sports car almost hit me today, because he decided that right on red doesn't require any yielding.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades