Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069289 times)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3735 on: April 17, 2013, 01:35:16 pm »
Child actors.

If you've worked with them, you know what kind I mean.

I've never worked with any, but I can't think of the last time I saw a child actor in a film who was both aweful and incredibly annoying.  I'm sure there are some that are talented and not irritating but they seem to be rare.

BTW I'm not including teenagers, there are some talented teens who don't piss me off that I could actually name.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3736 on: April 17, 2013, 02:06:28 pm »
Child actors.

I've never worked with any, but I can't think of the last time I saw a child actor in a film who was both aweful and incredibly annoying.  I'm sure there are some that are talented and not irritating but they seem to be rare.

BTW I'm not including teenagers, there are some talented teens who don't piss me off that I could actually name.

They can be just as bad off-camera. I was one of three non-parent adults who was at the shoot (it was a Disney thing), and the only girl and I both agreed on not having kids after trying to play Uno with some of them.

I told her a vasectomy would be more fun than the game.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3737 on: April 17, 2013, 08:16:47 pm »
It is just how society works, people must get over it, the best thing to do if you are being bullied is keep quiet, don't tell anyone about it and deal with it....it's one of the harsh truths of life, some of us have personalities where we ask to be bullied, it's in our genetics, people must have the freedom to bully others of they wish, it doesn't make them bad people

Hiiii. You can go die in a hole. Bai now
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3738 on: April 17, 2013, 08:37:04 pm »
It is just how society works, people must get over it, the best thing to do if you are being bullied is keep quiet, don't tell anyone about it and deal with it....it's one of the harsh truths of life, some of us have personalities where we ask to be bullied, it's in our genetics, people must have the freedom to bully others of they wish, it doesn't make them bad people

Who the hell said this shit?

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #3739 on: April 17, 2013, 08:54:25 pm »

Who the hell said this shit?

An unrepentant bully.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3740 on: April 17, 2013, 09:21:20 pm »
Some tool on The Thinking Atheist forums
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3741 on: April 17, 2013, 09:36:24 pm »

Who wants to bet this defect wonders why things like Columbine happen?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3742 on: April 17, 2013, 11:30:52 pm »

Who wants to bet this defect wonders why things like Columbine happen?

It's because of video games. Duh.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3743 on: April 18, 2013, 12:46:03 am »
I should point out that Harris and Klebold weren't bullied as much as people tend to think they were; in fact, they were often the bullies themselves. The problem was that both of them were violent lunatics who literally viewed themselves as "the gods" according to one of Harris's journals who were also good at lying to people to look like they WEREN'T violent lunatics. And when they made a video for a school project that involved them shooting students in their school and swearing and making violent threats to the camera, they were COMMENDED for it by the teacher.

That's not to say that some bullied kids don't respond to the stress through murder. Just that the most famous pair of school shooters weren't victimized outcasts, but rather a pair of Grade A nutjobs that everyone ignored until they showed up with guns.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #3744 on: April 18, 2013, 01:25:39 am »
I should point out that Harris and Klebold weren't bullied as much as people tend to think they were; in fact, they were often the bullies themselves. The problem was that both of them were violent lunatics who literally viewed themselves as "the gods" according to one of Harris's journals who were also good at lying to people to look like they WEREN'T violent lunatics. And when they made a video for a school project that involved them shooting students in their school and swearing and making violent threats to the camera, they were COMMENDED for it by the teacher.

That's not to say that some bullied kids don't respond to the stress through murder. Just that the most famous pair of school shooters weren't victimized outcasts, but rather a pair of Grade A nutjobs that everyone ignored until they showed up with guns.

Yeah, the shooter at my school was a schizophrenic who may or may not have gone off his meds (and thought he was a cool, badass 'gangsta' when he was on them) and had a grudge against the victim.
Want to know the kicker? It happened shortly after Rachel's Challenge came and did their little song and dance about how being nice will stop deranged people from causing mayhem. It won't! Being aware of who is actually a threat to your school's safety will (people always seems to think 'teen trouble' is coming from some subculture or other instead of from the actual delinquents, which has never made sense to me).

(My school: Henry Foss)
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3745 on: April 18, 2013, 01:28:31 am »
When you know about movies that most people have never even heard of, and those people think you're some kind of hipster because of it.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3746 on: April 18, 2013, 02:20:39 am »

Yeah, the shooter at my school was a schizophrenic who may or may not have gone off his meds (and thought he was a cool, badass 'gangsta' when he was on them) and had a grudge against the victim.
Want to know the kicker? It happened shortly after Rachel's Challenge came and did their little song and dance about how being nice will stop deranged people from causing mayhem. It won't! Being aware of who is actually a threat to your school's safety will (people always seems to think 'teen trouble' is coming from some subculture or other instead of from the actual delinquents, which has never made sense to me).

(My school: Henry Foss)

We've only had one sorta school shooting in my area, that being the kid with the airsoft gun at Milwee Middle School who waved it around and threatened people until the SWAT team shot him.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3747 on: April 18, 2013, 03:44:44 pm »
The spring on my new airsoft tri-shot shotgun might be the strongest spring ever made. I'm going to be like Bad Luck Brian with this thing: cocks shotgun, breaks elbow.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #3748 on: April 18, 2013, 04:06:56 pm »
Some tool on The Thinking Atheist forums

Sounds like he doesn't exactly belong on a forum for thinking atheists.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3749 on: April 18, 2013, 04:25:58 pm »
Child actors.

Watch Game of Thrones. Isaac Hempstead-Wright, who plays Bran Stark, was 11 at the time of filming the first season, and he's excellent. The other kids haven't had much screentime. If you're going to include teens, Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) is also excellent, Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon) is amazing, and Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) is incredible.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!