Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070365 times)

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3750 on: April 18, 2013, 04:57:31 pm »
I should point out that Harris and Klebold weren't bullied as much as people tend to think they were; in fact, they were often the bullies themselves. The problem was that both of them were violent lunatics who literally viewed themselves as "the gods" according to one of Harris's journals who were also good at lying to people to look like they WEREN'T violent lunatics. And when they made a video for a school project that involved them shooting students in their school and swearing and making violent threats to the camera, they were COMMENDED for it by the teacher.

That's not to say that some bullied kids don't respond to the stress through murder. Just that the most famous pair of school shooters weren't victimized outcasts, but rather a pair of Grade A nutjobs that everyone ignored until they showed up with guns.
Speaking of Columbine, another thing that annoys me is that it's still considered by most people to be the most iconic mass shooting ever, even though several others have happened since then that were far deadlier.  And it will probably always be that way.  I live in CO and it annoys, angers, and saddens me that it seems like my state has been victimized by mass murderers more times than anywhere else in the nation, and probably the world.  It's a great place to live otherwise, but I just hate living in a place that's so tainted and marred by tragedy and violence.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:01:32 pm by rtvc2012 »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3751 on: April 18, 2013, 08:48:39 pm »
I should point out that Harris and Klebold weren't bullied as much as people tend to think they were; in fact, they were often the bullies themselves. The problem was that both of them were violent lunatics who literally viewed themselves as "the gods" according to one of Harris's journals who were also good at lying to people to look like they WEREN'T violent lunatics. And when they made a video for a school project that involved them shooting students in their school and swearing and making violent threats to the camera, they were COMMENDED for it by the teacher.

That's not to say that some bullied kids don't respond to the stress through murder. Just that the most famous pair of school shooters weren't victimized outcasts, but rather a pair of Grade A nutjobs that everyone ignored until they showed up with guns.
Speaking of Columbine, another thing that annoys me is that it's still considered by most people to be the most iconic mass shooting ever, even though several others have happened since then that were far deadlier.  And it will probably always be that way.  I live in CO and it annoys, angers, and saddens me that it seems like my state has been victimized by mass murderers more times than anywhere else in the nation, and probably the world.  It's a great place to live otherwise, but I just hate living in a place that's so tainted and marred by tragedy and violence.

It's because Columbine was the first iconic, modern "school shooting." Nobody's managed to top the Bath school bombing, but that's so far in the past that everyone tends to forget about it. There were many shootings in past decades, but none of them reached the same casualty levels as Columbine. It came in the age of first-person shooters and several years after people began to really panic over "assault weapons" and banned them for a decade starting in 1994....which happened to be the weapons the Columbine shooters used. Everyone was scared and trying to pass the blame onto whoever and whatever could be blamed.

One of the most iconic images of a school shooter is the angry white suburban teenager, armed to the teeth with shotguns and pistols and semi-automatic rifles under his trenchcoat who commits suicide after killing dozens. Maybe engaging in a gun battle with the police beforehand. The famous image comes from Harris and Klebold.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3752 on: April 19, 2013, 12:57:46 pm »
People who message to me on OK Cupid, that just  say"Hey there" WTF?? You need say a little bit more if you want me to respond back.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:04:36 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3753 on: April 19, 2013, 01:10:29 pm »
People who message to me on OK Cupid, that just  say"Hey there" WTF?? You need say a little bit more if you want me to respond back.

I've only gotten one of those. Actually, the most attention I'm getting right now might be someone using a fake profile built to entrap me!

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #3754 on: April 19, 2013, 01:18:59 pm »

I've only gotten one of those. Actually, the most attention I'm getting right now might be someone using a fake profile built to entrap me!

I've gotten quite a few of those. Overall, I think the most interesting one I got was from one with this guy according to his profile seems to looking for chicks to have threesomes with him and his gf. I'm really thinking about flirting with the guy just for the lulz. Also as side note if this guy is to be believed, he makes a shit ton of $$$, close to the amount my sister makes.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:23:13 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3755 on: April 19, 2013, 01:24:33 pm »
See, THIS one is interesting because she proclaims to be a massive Rockabilly Zombie Weekend fan AND became my fangirl after repeated watchings and finding me attractive.....despite the film only having been in theaters for one simultaneous showing on five screens. She says she found a copy online that's "not there any more", despite me searching high and low for copies after the premier to inform the producer of any leaks. I also don't know how she would have identified me anyway, since I've got either a mohawk or thick makeup in both of my major appearances and I'm listed in the credits as part of a group rather than specifics. Either way, her profile is suspiciously bare except for 44 questions she answered (the vast majority sexual) and her profile seems almost geared to be someone I'd be attracted to. And she says her name is "Danielle" when the lead male in the film is played by Daniel Baldock.

Well, she's backed herself into a corner and gave a description of herself so I can identify her at the showing next week in Daytona. Either she makes up some kind of excuse for not being there (despite claiming to already have a ticket) and my suspicions are confirmed that someone is fucking with me personally....or I really do have a crazy fangirl. In which case I don't want to be a celebrity.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #3756 on: April 19, 2013, 01:31:32 pm »
To me, she sounds like she's messing with you, but you never know.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3757 on: April 19, 2013, 01:34:49 pm »
To me, she sounds like she's messing with you, but you never know.

It sounds so specific and suspicious that I can't help but think that the profile was built specifically to fuck with me. The profile even builds itself around RZW, with a username based on the film's protagonists and a profile picture cropped from a promotional photo.

The alternative is that I have a legit crazy fangirl and I should hide.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #3758 on: April 20, 2013, 08:40:37 am »
I think it's snowing. Again. Go away winter, nobody likes you.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3759 on: April 20, 2013, 04:24:45 pm »
I went shopping for work clothes today and didn't get much of anything. Apparently, normal blouses no longer exist (normal meaning it doesn't have some sparkly frilly shit on the front, or a dysfunctional collar, or long sleeves that have to be constantly rolled up).
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3760 on: April 20, 2013, 04:34:38 pm »
Seriously?  Nobody stocks business blouses anymore?

Ironbite-I find that hard to believe.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3761 on: April 20, 2013, 04:36:45 pm »
I'm sure they do, they just cost $40+, which is ridiculous.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3762 on: April 20, 2013, 04:37:57 pm »
Depending on where she went and whether they believe in it.

With that said you can find "regular work blouses" on places like Amazon. For less than $40.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3763 on: April 20, 2013, 04:39:28 pm »
Why is it that Microsoft Works and Word, two programs made by the same company and that do the same thing are not compatible?  I have Works on my computer, but I can't read anything created with Word.  I'm haven't started my next story series until I get my new computer because I'm afraid the new comp's program won't be able to read it.

They're both created by Microsoft.  They're both word processing programs.  So why the #$%& do they treat each other like they're Republican vs. Democrat?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3764 on: April 20, 2013, 04:42:14 pm »
Different file formats. It's actually kinda easy to change them to be read by the other program.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!