Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075641 times)

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4725 on: August 11, 2013, 11:39:11 pm »
Most of my family refers to videos on youtube as "youtubes" and it drives me nuts. Not "Youtube videos" or even just "videos," they just say "youtubes." As in "I watched a youtube on how to do x."

My mother and brother both call websites "dotcoms."

Have you considered breaking the news that not all websites have a .com address?

In significantly worse news: I happen to know of a person who uses the word "googling" to refer to sending text messages. As in, he'd say "google me the address to X" to mean "send me a text with the address". To this day I'm not sure if he does it on purpose to mess with his kids.

At least they know how to use technology, my mom has more or less no idea how to use a computer and a DVD player.

Sounds like my mom, too. She knows her way around booking and accounting programs for work, but aside from those, she's technologically retarded. I say that with fondness.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4726 on: August 11, 2013, 11:43:37 pm »
Most of my family refers to videos on youtube as "youtubes" and it drives me nuts. Not "Youtube videos" or even just "videos," they just say "youtubes." As in "I watched a youtube on how to do x."

My mother and brother both call websites "dotcoms."

Have you considered breaking the news that not all websites have a .com address?

In significantly worse news: I happen to know of a person who uses the word "googling" to refer to sending text messages. As in, he'd say "google me the address to X" to mean "send me a text with the address". To this day I'm not sure if he does it on purpose to mess with his kids.

At least they know how to use technology, my mom has more or less no idea how to use a computer and a DVD player.

Sounds like my mom, too. She knows her way around booking and accounting programs for work, but aside from those, she's technologically retarded. I say that with fondness.

It was the most endearing thing ever when she came home from work one night, and told me how she turned on the computer there all by herself. She had such a cute grin on her face.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:49:00 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4727 on: August 11, 2013, 11:47:54 pm »
That's pretty cute XD

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #4728 on: August 12, 2013, 07:48:16 am »
My dad isn't very good with technology.

When he want's to google something he just uses any search engine and types "google" then what he wants to look for.

wrightway

« Reply #4729 on: August 12, 2013, 08:37:19 pm »
I hate pregnancy brain with a passion. I can't think worth a damn right now.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #4730 on: August 12, 2013, 09:31:44 pm »
3 DS YOU MUST BE FOUND!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4731 on: August 12, 2013, 09:36:23 pm »
Finding good images for a Photoshop.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Yuu Isim

• Neonate
  • He says he wants MORE carrots and breadcrumbs!
    • Exabase Services
« Reply #4732 on: August 12, 2013, 09:40:38 pm »
Having to conform to someone else's coding conventions when programming knowing all the while that they're clearly wrong.

./:Yuukari Shishome, Exabase OPS

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4733 on: August 12, 2013, 10:17:24 pm »
I got up at 6am to go to a mostly redundant college orientation tour. When I arrived, I had to put on a name tag. I wrote "[Given name], but please call me Will" because I'd like fewer people calling me by a name I hate.
Boy, was that a mistake.
I got three "So, wait, you're a tr*nny?"s from the kind of douchebros that seem to spawn on college campuses, a "But you would be so pretty if you just blah blah blah..." from a girl who went on to say "hashtag YOLO" unironically, and a whispered stream of incoherent "g-d put your ~*soul*~ in that body for a reason" type bullshit from a Personal Space Invader. Fortunately the profs called them out on their douchebaggery and the decent people (or at least the people who left me alone) outnumbered the jerks by about 4:1.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4734 on: August 13, 2013, 12:33:20 am »
Fortunately the profs called them out on their douchebaggery and the decent people (or at least the people who left me alone) outnumbered the jerks by about 4:1.

And that's why university is so much better than highschool.

Quick question though: Why couldn't you have simply put "Will" on your name-tag?

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4735 on: August 13, 2013, 08:18:31 pm »
The mindset that so many people have that you have to hate someone, because its a social cue to do so.

What, no, fuck off, i aint gonna personally hate on someone if they havnt done anything to me. Theres no point!
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

wrightway

« Reply #4736 on: August 13, 2013, 08:50:14 pm »
My pop up blocker stopped working.

On a related note, does anyone know a good pop up blocker for firefox?

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4737 on: August 13, 2013, 09:14:19 pm »
I got up at 6am to go to a mostly redundant college orientation tour. When I arrived, I had to put on a name tag. I wrote "[Given name], but please call me Will" because I'd like fewer people calling me by a name I hate.
Boy, was that a mistake.
I got three "So, wait, you're a tr*nny?"s from the kind of douchebros that seem to spawn on college campuses, a "But you would be so pretty if you just blah blah blah..." from a girl who went on to say "hashtag YOLO" unironically, and a whispered stream of incoherent "g-d put your ~*soul*~ in that body for a reason" type bullshit from a Personal Space Invader. Fortunately the profs called them out on their douchebaggery and the decent people (or at least the people who left me alone) outnumbered the jerks by about 4:1.
Murder time fun time.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4738 on: August 13, 2013, 09:44:26 pm »
The mindset that so many people have that you have to hate someone, because its a social cue to do so.

What, no, fuck off, i aint gonna personally hate on someone if they havnt done anything to me. Theres no point!

If they've done something to significantly harm others, then it's a very good reason to dislike them. It's not all about you.

Adblock Plus.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

wrightway

« Reply #4739 on: August 13, 2013, 09:46:47 pm »

Adblock Plus.

Thank you.