Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070317 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4785 on: August 16, 2013, 02:57:35 pm »
I have a cut on my toe in the worse possible spot. I have to wrap a tissue around it rather than have a band aid on it because it's right in the crack.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4786 on: August 16, 2013, 03:01:09 pm »
The toenail on my right foot's big toe keeps getting a rough edge on one side, which keeps cutting into the inside of my toe.  Sometimes, that side of the toe gets infected.  This is annoying and painful.

The visit to the podiatrist only offered temporary relief in that regard.  And unfortunately, our insurance refused to tell us that they wouldn't support the visit until after we visited.

And people wonder why I hate health insurance companies.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4787 on: August 16, 2013, 03:15:41 pm »
People who say that they are "transabled"  piss me off.  Anybody who envies me for being disabled is stupid to want to be legally blind,  deaf in one ear, and unable to walk properly.

Everything about my ex, Devin, enrages me. EVERYTHING.

People who end their sentences with "lol", "lmao" or similar acronyms annoy me,  and it pisses me off when it's used after something offensive.

The "Faustimentalists vs Hasdrones" war in the Brony fandom makes me want to smack a bitch.

Yeah it's not like the Jews do anything like that lol.

Ironbite-no I'm not a good person

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4788 on: August 16, 2013, 04:47:27 pm »
Adam West keeps interrupting my music on Pandora.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4789 on: August 16, 2013, 06:39:49 pm »
I fail to see how that's annoying.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4790 on: August 16, 2013, 07:17:27 pm »
I fail to see how that's annoying.
Agreed. Only way it could be better if it was all Batmen, no just West.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4791 on: August 16, 2013, 07:21:36 pm »
The 1960s Batman is awesomely campy, the best part is Burgess Meredith as the Penguin.

Offline Mira

• Literally Worse Than Hitler
  • Pope
  • Cisphobic reverse racist
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #4792 on: August 16, 2013, 08:39:29 pm »
My new apartment. The power goes out if we use the microwave, the shower has almost no water pressure, the sound of construction across the street greets us when we awake every morning, the floor creaks, and we still don't have furniture (working on that).
I’ve grown overfed, unconcerned and comfortably numb
Kept busy indulging in the pleasures of the wealthy
Oh, someone make me afraid of what I’ve become!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4793 on: August 17, 2013, 01:18:35 am »
I got into an email-based shouting match with a relative today. I found out (from shoulder-surfing my mom while she was on FB) that she wants to use the Pearls' methods of child abuse discipline, as detailed in To Train Up A Child, on her firstborn daughter. You know, the book-turned-free-PDF that has a parent talking about how a child should have his or her will broken by the age of one year? The one that says children should be conditioned to immediately obey any command to avoid getting beaten? The one has has parents deliberately putting their kids into dangerous situations (near a pond, by an open stove, holding a gun...) and saying "No" to teach them obedience?
I read bits of TTUAC in order to better argue with my relative and found myself so severely disgusted I had to close the tab and look at kittens and corgis for a while. It's a manual for child abuse, wrapped in smug "righteousness". She insists it's not abuse, it's simply g-d's model for families and even goes so far as to claim anyone who doesn't beat their children hates them. Let me say it in internet shouty text: THIS BOOK ADVOCATES BEATING CHILDREN FOR ANY OFFENSE, NO MATTER HOW MINOR, UNTIL THEY SUBMIT COMPLETELY TO THEIR PARENTS.
If that's not child abuse, I'll eat my fedora with a fuckton of hot sauce and wash it down with razor blades.

“…then use whatever force is necessary to bring him to bay. If you have to sit on him to spank him then do not hesitate. And hold him there until he is surrendered. Prove that you are bigger, tougher, more patiently enduring and are unmoved by his wailing. Defeat him totally. Accept no conditions for surrender. No compromise. You are to rule over him as a benevolent sovereign. Your word is final.”

From To Train Up a Child, by Michael and Debi Pearl
Chapter 6: Applying the Rod

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

I remember talking about that book before. I am still astonished and disgusted that anyone could even consider tormenting their children like that.

We had a thread on that book and the people behind it, as I recall.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #4794 on: August 17, 2013, 07:10:32 am »
How I hate weak coffee.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4795 on: August 17, 2013, 07:30:22 am »
Acid reflux can get fucked.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #4796 on: August 17, 2013, 08:16:30 am »
Due to some illness or other I've now gone from being fully deaf in my right ear and normal hearing in my left to fully deaf in my right ear and *almost* deaf in my left. I hope this is temporary, work last night was hell. Oddly enough, the most annoying bit isn't the fact that I need to get everyone to shout at me to understand what's going on, the most annoying but is missing all the subtle auditory cues you never even think about. A footstep or a door opening or a page turning, that kind of thing. It's driving me crazy.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4797 on: August 17, 2013, 08:47:37 am »
Blackboard, the student website thingy (seriously, what the hell are those things called, cos I am not saying "learning environment") glitched, and now I have to write my essay in cardio on such a fucking lame topic, the equipment in sleep labs instead of heart and lung transplants
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #4798 on: August 17, 2013, 09:47:56 am »
Blackboard, the student website thingy (seriously, what the hell are those things called, cos I am not saying "learning environment") glitched, and now I have to write my essay in cardio on such a fucking lame topic, the equipment in sleep labs instead of heart and lung transplants
Oh gods, I just got introduced to that this week. Between that, and the ineptitude of one teacher (didn't mention until yesterday which textbook I need for class), I am not looking forward to this online thing.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4799 on: August 17, 2013, 10:19:21 am »
When it works its pretty useful, but when it doesnt...it will fuck you over hard. 
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.