Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070493 times)

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5070 on: September 04, 2013, 12:00:03 am »

I have heard about the brain zings from anti-depressants.   I'm on Prozac and Wellbutrin, but I've yet to need to get off them.  I've been told the withdrawal isn't that bad, but I'd rather not try my luck, hehe.

I'm not sure about Wellbutrin, but I've read that Prozac doesn't have the brain zaps, and can actually be useful in helping to lessen the withdrawal effects from other drugs, but I'd imagine that it differs from person to person. Hopefully you'll never have to experience them, or any of the nastier withdrawal effects. Coming off benzos is definitely more than enough withdrawal for one lifetime.

I take both of these as well. Though not at the same time, I've run out of both before and suffered no withdrawal symptoms. Perhaps it was easier because I still had the other.

Glad you're feeling better, Mrs A. :)
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5071 on: September 04, 2013, 12:00:35 am »
Thanks.  :)

With withdrawal from Xanax, I had some... interesting tactile and audio hallucinations.  As well as the typical hellish rebound anxiety.  I've been through the worst of it for a while and I still have yet to feel 100% 'right'.   However, my mind is much MUCH clearer.  It wouldn't have behooved me to go through the rest of my life in a dopey dozy haze. 

I have heard about the brain zings from anti-depressants.   I'm on Prozac and Wellbutrin, but I've yet to need to get off them.  I've been told the withdrawal isn't that bad, but I'd rather not try my luck, hehe.

I read my GABA receptors (which are all over the body, not just in the brain) need to get reworked and that can take time.  So... I'm just waiting.

I'm not sure about Wellbutrin, but I've read that Prozac doesn't have the brain zaps, and can actually be useful in helping to lessen the withdrawal effects from other drugs, but I'd imagine that it differs from person to person. Hopefully you'll never have to experience them, or any of the nastier withdrawal effects. Coming off benzos is definitely more than enough withdrawal for one lifetime.

I've had those before but they're usually in response to certain pain meds. As well as at random times where I'm just minding my own business and I feel tingling in my brain and such.

Some pain meds have been linked to the sensation, particularly if they're also used to treat depression and anxiety. Do the sensations also come with a burst of tinnitus and (if particularly bad) the bizarre sense that your entire being has shifted out of phase with your body (for want of a better description)?

The brain tingle thing is a bit different, but also pretty disturbing. Sometimes when I've had it, my face will feel super warm and I'll get this brief moment where everything seems surreal and off-kilter. Thankfully, it's fairly rare and goes away pretty quickly.

Sometimes, yeah. They don't seem to be terribly important or something to worry about so I don't bring it up with the doctor. And they aren't even meds I take all the time, it's usually the injected pain meds they give me at the hospital.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5072 on: September 04, 2013, 12:36:33 am »
I'm really, really tired of being the only trans* person in my uni's QSA and I've only been to two meetings.
In that time, this is what happened:
  - "What's your real name?" 2X, with an "I won't tell anyone" bonus the second time
  - Assorted bullshit about not being trans enough/man enough because I can't start hormones/surgery right now
  - Random bitching about how "This was a Gay-Straight Alliance" and now everything's RIUNED FOREVAR
  - An out-of-left-field comment about how I should be disappointed that my hands are "too small and girlish" to "properly" pass, which is
    loltacular because my hands are fucking massive
  - An unsolicited comment about how "feminine" my hair is
  - "But you're so pretty!" Why is it that the only time people say "you're beautiful the way you are" is when you need to change?
  - Accusations of being homophobic/misogynistic because I "abandoned" being a lesbian to "join my male oppressors" (HA HA HA get the fuck out)
  - A long-winded, WTF-inducing speech about penis envy from someone who wants to become a therapist
  - Accusations of heterophobia when I objected to a face-eating contest in the common area

Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5073 on: September 04, 2013, 12:45:07 am »
Uni qsa's have this really ugly tendency to suck
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5074 on: September 04, 2013, 12:46:11 am »
They are usually just an excuse for straight people to feel important without doing any work whatsoever to actually help queer people.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5075 on: September 04, 2013, 12:52:13 am »
Y'all noticed that too, eh?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5076 on: September 04, 2013, 02:44:04 am »
Uni in general tends to be infested with self-important slactivists of all varieties. They're like an offline version of Tumblr.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5077 on: September 04, 2013, 02:47:02 am »
When there's a normally really good amateur game or mod or video or something, but the creator and/or voice actors (usually they happen to be one and the same) is a foreigner with a poor grasp on the English language....and they insist on doing everything in English.

Nothing kills the mood better than someone who's supposed to be a native English speaking having an incomprehensibly thick European accent, speaking dialogue that's, at best, vaguely correct.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5078 on: September 04, 2013, 04:37:42 am »
  - A long-winded, WTF-inducing speech about penis envy from someone who wants to become a therapist

I still can't stop seeing "therapist" as "the rapist." And in the context of that sentence, it's doubly hilarious.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #5079 on: September 04, 2013, 06:13:35 am »
Is your watermark still on it?

That's what I said. It's pretty obvious.
Perhaps they assumed that was enough. Also, it's the first day of school and I burnt the back of my finger because I was straightening my hair while texting my girlfriend.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5080 on: September 04, 2013, 08:57:36 am »

I take both of these as well. Though not at the same time, I've run out of both before and suffered no withdrawal symptoms. Perhaps it was easier because I still had the other.

Glad you're feeling better, Mrs A. :)

I take only Wellbutrin as far as anti-depressants go, and I dunno bout anyone else, but going without for several days in a row REALLY fucked me up.  Like, to the point I was scaring people...and not in a good way or because I wanted to.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

wrightway

« Reply #5081 on: September 04, 2013, 09:41:34 am »
*snip*

I'm sorry you have to put up with this shit.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5082 on: September 04, 2013, 12:18:24 pm »
I feel crummy when I don't take my Wellbutrin for a few days, but that's more my depression and anxiety returning, not other withdrawal symptoms.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5083 on: September 04, 2013, 01:14:08 pm »
*snip*

I'm sorry you have to put up with this shit.
It's actually not all bad. There's Soulsaving Crusader who "seeks to free [those nasty queers] from spiritual bondage and sin". She's the only person who fields more weird/inappropriate questions than I do, and she'd probably be a decent friend if she got un-brainwashed and removed the gigantic stick from her ass. As it is, I'm just glad that there's someone else to be the group's punching bag. (Let me be clear that she brings the mockery upon herself by going into a safe space and politely saying everyone there is going to hell.)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5084 on: September 04, 2013, 02:33:46 pm »
Is your watermark still on it?

That's what I said. It's pretty obvious.
Perhaps they assumed that was enough.

What do you mean 'that was enough'? Enough to do what?

On the positive side, the mass effect community is usually pretty good about not reblogging stolen pictures, especially when the post is as dumb as the stolen post.

What just really bugs me is it was a part of a set. I specifically edited it to be in a set. It could be worse, it could've been the pictures I actually put more effort into and had fewer notes than the set that was stolen from.

&