Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075304 times)

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5520 on: September 27, 2013, 02:20:22 pm »
Apparently some idiot driving down the road actually called our dog out to the road. Being the dumbass that he is, our dog of course went out there. I'm not sure if they were trying to steal our dog or just fuck with him to be an asshole, but... ugh. Don't call a strange dog, especially when said dog is in its own front yard and it's owner is watching you do it from the garage.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #5521 on: September 27, 2013, 05:26:42 pm »
I really hate those stupid kettles that only make one cup of hot water at a time.

They amount of water they make never fits the cups you actually have, and it takes forever to make drinks with satchets because you have to spend ages slowly stirring it in.

They are fucking pointless.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5522 on: September 28, 2013, 01:56:14 am »
I really hate those stupid kettles that only make one cup of hot water at a time.

Go talk to the pot about the kettle behind its back.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5523 on: September 28, 2013, 02:28:29 am »
I'm pretty sure my bottom wisdom teeth are shoving the rest of my teeth out of alignment but my health insurance won't cover a trip to the dentist for god knows how long. Considering my traumatic history with dentists that's only halfway to being a bad thing.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

• The Beast
« Reply #5524 on: September 28, 2013, 09:01:22 am »
When I shut down my laptop it takes forever for everything to close, but if I accidentally hit "shut down" instead of "sleep" or "hibernate" it will instantly close everything and turn off.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #5525 on: September 28, 2013, 11:45:19 am »
When I shut down my laptop it takes forever for everything to close, but if I accidentally hit "shut down" instead of "sleep" or "hibernate" it will instantly close everything and turn off.
That... doesn't make sense. You shut it down and it takes forever, but you shut it down "accidentally" and it's instant?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5526 on: September 28, 2013, 05:08:28 pm »
That... doesn't make sense. You shut it down and it takes forever, but you shut it down "accidentally" and it's instant?

Welcome to computers and Murphy's Law.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #5527 on: September 30, 2013, 01:40:44 am »
Costco ALREADY has Christmas decorations for sale. Three. Months. Early.

Seriously? I think the War on Christmas now qualifies as a defensive war.

Protect Halloween and Thanksgiving. Join the War on Christmas.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5528 on: September 30, 2013, 06:13:01 am »
I'm trying to write out this essay on the Mer Operon in bacteria, a gene set that gives a cell resistance to mercury. The teacher wants us to only use references that are not older than 10 years. Which is fair enough, but the problem is, all the research on this gene, the functional stuff, was done between 1990 and 2000.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5529 on: September 30, 2013, 06:56:44 am »

I wonder why they don't extend Christmas to the other direction as well. I mean people like buying discount stuff in january after the season is over so why not go there and move the discounts to a later date?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

• The Beast
« Reply #5530 on: September 30, 2013, 07:31:28 am »

I wonder why they don't extend Christmas to the other direction as well. I mean people like buying discount stuff in january after the season is over so why not go there and move the discounts to a later date?

They're selling Christmas puddings, and mince pies in Asda now and they will probably be out of date by Christmas, so it's not like you can even buy them to stock up.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5531 on: September 30, 2013, 01:22:21 pm »

Christmas decorations in SEPTEMBER? Seriously?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #5532 on: September 30, 2013, 02:11:14 pm »

There was one year at the major retailer I worked at, where I swear they were still playing the fucking Christmas music until just about the end of January.  To say we were all sick of it was the understatement of the month.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5533 on: September 30, 2013, 02:38:15 pm »
Using the term "DH" to refer to one's husband. I get that it's supposed to be a really sweet, endearing term (an abbreviation of "Dear Husband"), but to me it seems like over-the-top diabetes-inducing glurge.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5534 on: September 30, 2013, 02:46:34 pm »

There was one year at the major retailer I worked at, where I swear they were still playing the fucking Christmas music until just about the end of January.  To say we were all sick of it was the understatement of the month.
There's a rule in my house that no one can talk about xmas until December 4th (because my birthday is the 3rd). I never appreciated this rule until I saw a grocery store selling wreaths in October.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!