Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072837 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7080 on: April 01, 2014, 02:02:09 am »
I'm probably the only person that's yet to see a single second of Sherlock.  I don't even know what channel it comes on. 
Haven't seen it either! That might have something to do with not having much for TV, but you know. Also, I think it's a BBC show, so that's where it'd be, along with whatever other channels carry BBC shows.

I've not seen it either, can't be arsed...I have a hard enough time following Doctor Who without access to normal BBC channels, because literally fucking no one I know here (in VA) has BBC-America, and I can't watch shit on the BBC site's video thingy because its region-locked to be available to Brits only.  Plus, I'm gonna be honest, the whole Sherlock Holmes thing never really appealed to me: a coke-head private investigator and his manservant are two things that don't quite scream my name, if you know what I mean.  If I wanna watch a drug-addicted investigator, I'll watch the early seasons of House, before he turned into a giant pussy.
I got an email from Netflix yesterday begging me to come back and they advertised that they now have Sherlock series 2. So I guess it wasn't available in Finland before. (It might just be enough of a reason for me to subscribe to Netflix again.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7081 on: April 01, 2014, 05:38:37 am »
I really don't like April Fool's Day and how it makes me paranoid about everything.  It doesn't help that it leaks into March 31st.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7082 on: April 01, 2014, 10:16:15 am »
Resident Sherlockian in: it's on BBC, BBC America, Hulu Plus, and Netflix. It's not everyone's cuppa, but I'm quite fond of it (along with the occasional homoerotic watercolour). I will concede that the fandom is bugfuck bonkers, but most fandoms are and at least we're not Whovians or *shudder* Bronies.
Resident Sherlockian out.

Hey... I thought you liked Who too... ;_;

More importantly, how's your ear doing?
It's a joke at my own expense because I'm both a brony and a Whovian. And my ear is... Well, it's not fine fine, but it's stopped draining.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #7083 on: April 01, 2014, 10:33:46 am »
What did the doc say?  Did you not have an appointment yesterday?  (Excuse me if I'm wrong because I'm too lazy to look on the previous page.  It's a character fault, what can I say?)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7084 on: April 01, 2014, 11:59:06 am »
What did the doc say?  Did you not have an appointment yesterday?  (Excuse me if I'm wrong because I'm too lazy to look on the previous page.  It's a character fault, what can I say?)
The doc said it'll heal on it's own, and I should only be worried if it gets bloody or feverish. She advised me to avoid swimming, flying, rock concerts, and deep-sea expeditions. There goes my weekend. :(
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #7085 on: April 01, 2014, 03:15:23 pm »
It won't take long to heal if you take care.  I think mine took a week or so, if I remember correctly.  I wish you speedy tympanic membrane restoration.

Oh, and another thing on that list to avoid:  Idiotic people who like to smack your ears.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:18:33 pm by the Doctor »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7086 on: April 03, 2014, 10:55:38 am »
I wrote so much working code for my group's project this morning, and then they just overwrote my stuff. Bravo, assholes. Thanks for making my work pointless. I bet you felt embarrassed when everything failed in front of the class due to your incompetence.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #7087 on: April 03, 2014, 01:57:40 pm »
A couple of things that annoy me (mostly online related).

People who think they have you stumped with an argument that has been refuted ad nauseum.  Especially when they talk to you like you're a total idiot and they are the smartest person around.  Or even more annoying is someone who too literal minded to understand what the person is saying.  I remember reading an FSTDT related post responding to some objections to Christianity.  One of them was biblegods obsession with blood sacrifice, which is a good point.  Why do people need to be brutally tortured and killed over some human fallings?  Well Mr Smug Snake apologist made some insane leap saying that the OP must have trouble with the American Red Cross since that blood sacrifice saves peoples lives.  It was made 10 times more infuriating by his overly condescending holier than thou attitude. 

On the reverse side, there are those who read too much into someone's off hand comment.  Example, I once made a sarcastic comment about how America wasn't a free country with people being arrested for weed and I got lectured about how since I wasn't shot dead for saying what I said, I should be happy to live in America.  Well yeah, living in America is better than somewhere like Iran or Syria, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't do away with laws that unfairly punish victimless crimes.  Oh and on the topic of overly zealous law enforcement, I'm sick of the overriding mentality that law enforcement is perfect and those who they go after are always at fault.  And the same tired arguements that assume that those who have a problem with the police are either a) criminals themselves b) are some kind of anarchists who don't want any law enforcement.  Can you say false dichotomy? 

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #7088 on: April 03, 2014, 06:03:29 pm »
It annoys me when people refer to the United States as "America."  A lot.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7089 on: April 03, 2014, 07:06:06 pm »
It annoys me when people refer to the United States as "America."  A lot.
What a coincidence.  It annoys me when people get upset over that.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7090 on: April 03, 2014, 07:08:14 pm »
What about 'MURRICA?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7091 on: April 03, 2014, 07:11:50 pm »
What about 'MURRICA?
I don't mind that so much.  I do it sometimes out of self-deprecation.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7092 on: April 03, 2014, 08:34:48 pm »
Ironchew's trolling.
At least i was under the delusion of being funny with the Doge posts.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7093 on: April 03, 2014, 08:56:01 pm »
At least i was under the delusion of being funny with the Doge posts.
...Really? Not sure how anyone could think doge posts are funny, but I guess different people have different senses of humour and all that.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #7094 on: April 03, 2014, 09:06:50 pm »
I think Doge is more cute than funny.