Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2074825 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7440 on: June 11, 2014, 07:45:00 pm »
People using phrases like "I want this game to have a diverse protagonist". Diversity is a property of a group, meaning that its has multiple elements which are different from each other in some relevant way. It doesn't make sense to speak of a single person being diverse. I know what they are trying to say, but it still bothers me.
Σא

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7441 on: June 12, 2014, 04:33:35 am »
When people get in their cars and immediately pull out without checking for other vehicles on the road, almost crashing into them.

That happened to us.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #7442 on: June 12, 2014, 12:42:27 pm »
So, I've been on the east coast for about a week now, and the big thing is drivers. More specifically driver in NYC. Is there some genetic defect that makes everyone an asshole when they get behind the wheel?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #7443 on: June 13, 2014, 06:31:13 am »
There was a beetle in the salad at the cantina today.

Ew.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7444 on: June 13, 2014, 10:25:16 am »
So, I've been on the east coast for about a week now, and the big thing is drivers. More specifically driver in NYC. Is there some genetic defect that makes everyone an asshole when they get behind the wheel?

It's a cultural thing:

1. NYC is a very fast-paced town where shit has to get done ASAP and competition is high. Chances are every local driver is in a hurry.

2. Because of how slow and inefficient cars are in the city, the only people driving (outside of clueless tourists) are going to be either business drivers on a tight schedule or people who are find taking public transportation undesireable in some manner. Those are generally your one percenters who don't want to be exposed to the poorer folk, like my grandmother.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7445 on: June 14, 2014, 03:53:08 pm »
Someone on facebook said "ordasity." They were trying to say "audacity." I can't even.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7446 on: June 14, 2014, 03:58:24 pm »
I'm trying to validate my account on Telltale's website, but every time I do, even if I do it within seconds of sending the validation e-mail out, it complains that the validation code has expired.

I've done this several times now and I've given up for the day.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #7447 on: June 14, 2014, 07:21:25 pm »
Skype ads are getting even more intrusive...

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7448 on: June 14, 2014, 07:54:49 pm »
Apparently Neverwinter Nights and ATI don't like one another.  It wouldn't be a problem if I could find this mythical "Catalyst AI" setting in my control panel which, as of this writing, is still managing to elude me.

(I'm still pissed off that AMD, my one true love of CPU manufacturers, partnered up with fucking ATI instead of nVidia.  Alas, if its a choice between which I hate more, ATI or Intel, I'll always hate ATI a little less than Intel.)
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7449 on: June 14, 2014, 10:07:47 pm »
Rebuilding your computer after having the hard drive die on you.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7450 on: June 15, 2014, 05:22:10 am »
Firefox keeps crashing. Am I the only one who has this problem?

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7451 on: June 15, 2014, 07:51:48 am »
Did you update to the most recent version? I updated a few days ago and haven't had any issues so far.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7452 on: June 15, 2014, 07:59:51 am »
I did indeed. Still crashes at least a couple of times per day.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7453 on: June 15, 2014, 10:37:47 am »
I'm all for the fat acceptance movement, but I wish they'd stop trying to redefine "curvy".

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #7454 on: June 15, 2014, 12:15:52 pm »
Motherfucking shitheaded little fucking kids!! I just got my laptop fixed, screen was cracked, charger was broken, ordered new ones, put in the new screen, charged it, and went to go use the free wifi by my apartment complex's pool. Was walking past it on my way to the shady area nearby, and some little fucker ran by and knocded out of my arm, into the pool, then ran off laughing. Fried the whole goddamned thing. Am back to using my Vita for internet until I save up for a new one because I have no clue who the kid is, who his parents are, or where he lives, since my first instinct was to try to get it out ASAP so I could try to save it, rather than chasing the little shit down.

EDIT: Spoilered for triggering, tmi
(click to show/hide)
So, yeah, I'm fucking livid. Would call the cops myself, but I don't know the guy's last name.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:25:03 pm by Svata »
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".