Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076938 times)

Even Then

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9465 on: December 21, 2015, 11:03:59 am »
I think what Lizard means is this: "I'm transphobic and I want to talk shit about transgender people, but if I talk shit about transgender people, other people might jump down my back because they're haters whose echo chambers can't handle my facts'n'logic. What is a shitbag to do? Oh, I know! I'll just replace "transgender" with "otherkin"! This way, I get to spew as much of my verbal vomit as I can, but no one will call me a transphobe! You sly fox, you've done it again! This'll show the SJWs!"

And holy shit, gui, are you allright? Do you have other employment available?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9466 on: December 21, 2015, 11:24:52 am »
I...don't think that's what Lizard meant at all, ET.  I think what he was saying was that people try to equate otherkin to transgender, saying that their struggles are equal when, in reality, almost no one even knows otherkin exist and those that do tend to either think of them as delusional, are otherkin themselves, or simply don't care.  Something along the lines of "I'm really a wolf in a human's body, so I'm totally like this oppressed minority whose problems actually exist and aren't just bored middle-class cracker-ass kids making shit up so we seem special and cool."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Even Then

« Reply #9467 on: December 21, 2015, 11:41:11 am »
Actually, I was right. (I think. I might be misunderstanding the term, but it looks close to what I think Lizard meant.)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9468 on: December 21, 2015, 12:01:24 pm »
And holy shit, gui, are you allright? Do you have other employment available?

technically, i'm employed already, but translation/interpretation being a very liberal profession (almost freelance), i'm simply not earning enough. i'm far from the only one in this situation, so s.o.p. is to keep subscribing to pôle emploi to cash in on welfare. i've got other tracks to follow regarding getting more work, but in the xmas season, it's at a standstill. i'll call pôle emploi tomorrow to figure out what the hell happened (i know exactly what happened), and see if i can't rectify it. say, anyone have any contacts in need of a french interpreter/translator? either clients or companies looking to hire? why am i only looking near where i live in the internet age?

thanks for caring, it means a lot.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #9469 on: December 21, 2015, 12:28:41 pm »
My asshole sister decided to stay out past curfew, so my mom took all the keys in the house with her to work, including mine. I was almost late to my job interview because I had to convince someone to give me a ride.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9470 on: December 21, 2015, 12:45:25 pm »
My asshole sister decided to stay out past curfew, so my mom took all the keys in the house with her to work, including mine. I was almost late to my job interview because I had to convince someone to give me a ride.

that defies logic. what was the point? one steps out of line, the rest get punished as well?

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #9471 on: December 21, 2015, 12:47:45 pm »
What is this, a military base?

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9472 on: December 21, 2015, 02:13:01 pm »
I just saw this Scrubbing Bubbles commercial with an obnoxious teenager dyeing her hair while her mom pounds on the locked door telling her to open it.  Why do advertisers think this shit is funny and charming?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9473 on: December 21, 2015, 04:51:31 pm »
Oh I guess people forgot about Ghoti's home situation.

Ironbite-bottom line is, momma is insane fundie.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9474 on: December 21, 2015, 09:39:08 pm »
Have I mentioned how much I hate "The Christmas Shoes"?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9475 on: December 21, 2015, 09:41:37 pm »
The hybristophilia crowd on Tumblr has moved on from fetishizing mass shooters to fetishizing Nazis.

I get it, the Hugo Boss uniforms are admittedly pretty dashing, but Joachim Peiper probably wouldn't give you girls the time of day.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9476 on: December 21, 2015, 10:45:54 pm »
why did i google that and wind up on tumblr? the more time passes, the more i wish tumblr suffered critical existence failure...

i mean, i get it. that's why people idolize rambo as well as war-heroes. it's probably linked to some primitive alpha-recognition tool. but wanting to cajole mass-murderers, sadists, and remorseless psychopaths**?!
can't they find a healthier hobby*? like... i dunno, crack cocaine?

*i know, i know, you can't control paraphilias...

** (no offense, niam)

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #9477 on: December 21, 2015, 11:04:35 pm »

that defies logic. what was the point? one steps out of line, the rest get punished as well?
They're making sure she can't leave without permission, and they're worried she might take my car and (gasp!) go to a friend's house and watch a movie instead of sitting at home being bitchy and miserable.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9478 on: December 21, 2015, 11:36:38 pm »

They're making sure she can't leave without permission, and they're worried she might take my car and (gasp!) go to a friend's house and watch a movie instead of sitting at home being bitchy and miserable.

i'm clinically paranoid and even i think that's over the top! 0.o

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9479 on: December 21, 2015, 11:37:34 pm »
And they knew you had an interview, that they themselves had demanded, and that you had to go to (like, say, in your car). So why not just say "Hey, Ghoti, don't let her use your car"?  The fuck?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".