Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070665 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9615 on: February 04, 2016, 01:13:41 pm »
Xcom2 comes out tomorrow but I don't have a computer that would run it and can't spare the money to get a new one. ...Technically we have the cash but I think we might have more important money holes at the moment or at least soon. Grrr...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9616 on: February 05, 2016, 03:26:57 am »
So my computer decided that I was running low on space on my boot partition. (Which I was, for some reason.) It wouldn't let me delete files it said could be deleted, and was insisting on installing a bunch of updates the next time I shut down. So I had to back up everything on the second partition, delete it, expand the boot partition into that space, recreate said second partition out of what was left, and copy everything back. Thankfully, since it has the same drive letter, all my programs appear to work as they did... but after only about fifteen minutes the OS has eaten up 7% of the extra space I gave it on the boot partition. (To be fair, more than half that was the updates, but still.)

I can't be too irked, though, since this is partly the result of my own idiocy in making the boot partition too small when I set the thing up.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9617 on: February 07, 2016, 10:32:40 am »
All the Super Bowl bullshit on Amazon.  Look, assclown, my search history contains things like lockpicks, British tea, battle-ready swords, and games like Fallout 4 and Just Cause.  What the fuck makes you think I give even a single shit about the Super Ball, let alone want to buy shit to...ech, entertain during it?  At least YouTube, utter shit that it may be, allows me to remove such asinine recommendations.  Fully three quarters of my Amazon home page is taken up with Super Bowel garbage.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9618 on: February 07, 2016, 01:01:17 pm »
All the Super Bowl bullshit on Amazon.  Look, assclown, my search history contains things like lockpicks, British tea, battle-ready swords, and games like Fallout 4 and Just Cause.  What the fuck makes you think I give even a single shit about the Super Ball, let alone want to buy shit to...ech, entertain during it?  At least YouTube, utter shit that it may be, allows me to remove such asinine recommendations.  Fully three quarters of my Amazon home page is taken up with Super Bowel garbage.

So is mine, and they know I'm an older female. It's just them casting as wide a net as possible, since Snoozer Bowl is an at-home get together thing for most folks. Like a nacho-y, wing-y, beer-y version of Thanksgiving.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9619 on: February 07, 2016, 01:25:49 pm »
Still bugs me that I can't tell them to cut that shit out.  Seriously, 3/4ths of my Amazon home page is Super Ball crap that I can't remove.  Can't opt out, can't tell them to fuck off...seriously, if YouTube, the greatest gathering of bullshit design since Apple, can allow me to dismiss asinine recommendations, surely Amazon can create a similar facility.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9620 on: February 07, 2016, 06:00:52 pm »
True. I'd really like the same options. Even though I can stay off Amazon today, I will have no choice or escape at all as soon as the game begins, because my poor brain-fuddled elderly cousin will keep popping into my room to express his idiotic enthusiasm over SB shit I don't care about. Sigh. Guessing he'll do this at least 7 or 8 times tonight, like he did last year.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9621 on: February 08, 2016, 02:17:55 am »
My pocketbook is starting to rip on the inside, and I think it may be time to replace it given on the outside it's starting to look quite beat up. Worse part is that I have expensive taste when it comes to pocketbooks(I have a thing for Dooney & Bourkes).

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9622 on: February 08, 2016, 11:25:48 pm »
[video about adoptions gone wrong]

"omg this is why kids need a good ass whoopin', i got beat and i turned out fine 'cause i learned respect!"

Yes, physically 'whooping' mentally disturbed children would've totally turned out fine.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #9623 on: February 08, 2016, 11:33:45 pm »
Also, I seriously question if you "turned out fine" when you so quickly and eagerly advocate hitting children.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9624 on: February 09, 2016, 10:25:37 am »
Whosoever came up with the idea of wall popcorn should be taken out back and fucking shot.  It makes hanging anything on a wall virtually impossible short of sanding the bastard down or taking a chisel to the shit.  Just leave walls fucking smooth and choose a good colour of paint, you do not need to "texture" them with popcorn, and anyone who tries should be sent to a bloody reeducation facility.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9625 on: February 09, 2016, 11:15:20 am »
Are you using the word "bloody" just for emphasis or is it an actual defining feature of the re-education?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9626 on: February 09, 2016, 03:18:07 pm »
Are you using the word "bloody" just for emphasis or is it an actual defining feature of the re-education?

Both?

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9627 on: February 09, 2016, 03:19:23 pm »
People who end affirmative statements with question marks.

It gets me every time.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9628 on: February 09, 2016, 03:34:55 pm »
I know?

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9629 on: February 09, 2016, 03:37:58 pm »
Question marks like that have their uses. We often say things like "Yes?"
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades