Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069048 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9780 on: March 12, 2016, 01:50:29 am »
Both.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #9781 on: March 12, 2016, 01:52:51 am »
Both.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again; in Hitler's defense, Hitler did kill Hitler
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9782 on: March 12, 2016, 02:01:04 am »
Both.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again; in Hitler's defense, Hitler did kill Hitler

Yeah, but only because Hitler made him do it.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #9783 on: March 12, 2016, 02:02:23 am »
Not to mention, Hitler also killed the guy who killed Hitler.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #9784 on: March 12, 2016, 02:07:03 am »
Both.

Yeah, but only because Hitler made him do it.

All I'm hearing is that Hitler wasn't the bad of a guy, just a bloke in a tough situation having to take orders from a real genocidal cock.We've all been there dude, what makes you better than everyone else. Fortunately for us all though, Hitler killed him.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9785 on: March 12, 2016, 02:16:59 am »
I hear Muammar Gaddafi or at least one of his personalities was a pretty swell guy.

Unfortunately, he got the ass end of a revolution.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9786 on: March 12, 2016, 09:27:46 pm »
Is there any reason why we still practice daylight savings, or do we just do it for the sake of tradition now?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #9787 on: March 12, 2016, 09:30:03 pm »
Is there any reason why we still practice daylight savings, or do we just do it for the sake of tradition now?

As I recall, it is just tradition. It saved candles back from before we had electricity, but with the invention of lights and lighting, it has become largely tradition. I can't recall exactly the specifics, but this is as I recall from when I looked into it a decade or so ago (motivated by figuring out what DLS was in regards to pokemon GSC). >.>

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9788 on: March 12, 2016, 10:26:36 pm »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9789 on: March 12, 2016, 10:50:44 pm »
It's a waste of time. Ha.

http://www.history.com/news/8-things-you-may-not-know-about-daylight-saving-time

And if John Oliver is to be believed, it's actually hazardous since it fucks up our biological clock, which causes an increase in car accidents

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #9790 on: March 13, 2016, 08:26:12 am »

Quite a few countries don't bother with it anymore and haven't for some time, others have never bothered with it, and they all seem to do just fine.  As far as I know none of them have blown up or sunk as a direct result, so presumably we all still do it just 'coz it's what we do.  Which is the stupidest reason to do anything really.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9791 on: March 13, 2016, 10:23:35 am »

Quite a few countries don't bother with it anymore and haven't for some time, others have never bothered with it, and they all seem to do just fine.  As far as I know none of them have blown up or sunk as a direct result, so presumably we all still do it just 'coz it's what we do.  Which is the stupidest reason to do anything really.

To be fair, mine is a country that still uses the arbitrary, retarded Imperial system for its measurements.  Might as well count with our fingers and toes like effing toddlers...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9792 on: March 13, 2016, 11:10:12 am »
To all you people whining about DST: show me your alternative, "more natural" time standard and I'll show you how it too is hopelessly complicated and/or artificial.

Daylight saving time isn't a hassle for me.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9793 on: March 13, 2016, 11:36:17 am »
To all you people whining about DST: show me your alternative, "more natural" time standard and I'll show you how it too is hopelessly complicated and/or artificial.

Daylight saving time isn't a hassle for me.

I don't mind DST either but the easiest solution is to simply stop changing between winter and summer hours. Like, we could now decide that we won't switch our clocks again for DST and BOOM! There you have it, a simple replacement for DST that is as natural as any convention can be on Earth. (Apparently 25 hour days would be even better system as it is more "natural" for humans but using it while on Earth would get really complicated as sunrise/sunset rhythm would no longer be tied to the daytime. If you live in an undersea facility, underground or in a space-ship or something the 25 hour system would work just fine though.)

In other news, my daughter went to the potty and had a major poop. This is not the annoying bit. Her poop having little wriggly worms is the annoying bit. She had been acting a little weird so this may be related to that but I'm going to let doctors find out what the hell is wrong and what can be done to treat it.

...Honestly, I could have missed this easily. It was only that she used to potty rather than the toilet and that it smelled so particularly bad that made me take a second look and notice the movement. I don't know how old this problem is but I am honestly kinda freaked out at the moment.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9794 on: March 13, 2016, 11:48:36 am »
Just goes to show the similarities between babies and puppies. Doesn't change their major difference, though:

1. PUPPY - ruins your carpet.
2. BABY - ruins your life.

Credit to standup comedienne, Rita Rudnick.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.