Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070081 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10305 on: January 02, 2017, 11:06:06 am »
Did you know that the English wikipedia will delete articles because they are not notable of the sources are only in Finnish and Chinese?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #10306 on: January 02, 2017, 12:11:10 pm »
Just a query, is "Islamism" the same as Wahhabism, the inspiring ideology of Al Queda, the Taliban and ISIS? Or os it any promtion of the Islamic religion or its values? Does it represent radical Shia or Sunni beliefs?

It's nice to know what the defining features of an ideology is before condemning people for defending it.

I think the Free Dictionary sums it up pretty well:

An Islamic revivalist movement, often characterized by moral conservatism, literalism, and the attempt to implement Islamic values in all spheres of life.

In other words, the Muslim equivalent of the Religious Right.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10307 on: January 03, 2017, 09:09:45 am »
I can't access my Minecraft account because of bullshit on Mojang's end, and it'll looks like it'll be a week before support gets around to sorting it out.

Le sigh.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10308 on: January 03, 2017, 09:48:59 am »
I've got some sort of bug that's given me diarrhea, left me unable to focus on anything for more than a few minutes at a stretch, ruined my appetite, sapped my energy so all I want to do is lie down and sleep, and given me sore legs so I'm afraid I'll fall over going up or down stairs.

EDIT: Oh, and a resting pulse of about 110 bpm (down from 120 last night).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:27:02 am by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #10309 on: January 04, 2017, 06:59:14 am »
Just a query, is "Islamism" the same as Wahhabism, the inspiring ideology of Al Queda, the Taliban and ISIS? Or os it any promtion of the Islamic religion or its values? Does it represent radical Shia or Sunni beliefs?

It's nice to know what the defining features of an ideology is before condemning people for defending it.

An Islamic revivalist movement, often characterized by moral conservatism, literalism, and the attempt to implement Islamic values in all spheres of life.

Which left eingers have given their blessing to that?

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #10310 on: January 04, 2017, 07:21:49 am »
Subreddit specific unique terminology.

We get it youre a special community, too bad I cant understand half the shit you type
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10311 on: January 04, 2017, 10:04:58 am »
Especially when its meaning isn't easily inferred.  If I need an English-to-Moron dictionary to understand you, you have failed as a communicator.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #10312 on: January 04, 2017, 11:20:51 am »

Which left eingers have given their blessing to that?

How about the SPLC, which labelled Maajid Nawaz an "anti-Muslim extremist" despite him being Muslim himself?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:54:03 am by Lana Reverse »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #10313 on: January 04, 2017, 06:51:21 pm »
Yeah, I'll grant that the SPLC had their heads stuck up their bum on that one.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10314 on: January 05, 2017, 05:04:46 am »
Got up really early today so that I could get my car to repair (the car dealer broke the driver's door handle and shipped me a new one but I needed someone to install it.) but it was -20C in the morning and a) It took 5 minutes to get the address to the Navigator because the touchscreen was messed up because of the low temperature. b) The handle brake was frozen stuck which meant that the car frequently stalled and I was stuck in a crossing for a few minutes because the car just couldn't move... c) The repair guy said that the handle was for a different door so the entire trip was pointless. d) My brand new phone which I got back from repair yesterday is still having the random malfunction and I sent it back. The phone has now spent more time in repair than I've had it.

This is just one of those years... My motto for 2017 is "Cheer up kid, it's going to get a lot worse."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #10315 on: January 13, 2017, 03:15:27 am »
Foodies that bitch about their partners being picky eaters.

Let them prepare their own food, 100 percent not your business. (unless its ridiculously unhealthy)
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10316 on: January 13, 2017, 03:26:36 am »
I went to a restaurant that local foodies were raving about.

It was pretty clear why: the food was great, the portions were minuscule, and the prices were exorbitant.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10317 on: January 13, 2017, 04:12:15 am »
That's one of the reasons why I like Italian. Even the most fanciest of fancy Italian restaurants will give you decent portions.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10318 on: January 16, 2017, 08:36:08 pm »
People who look at the raw fact that eight people have as much wealth as the bottom half of the world's population (Oxfam; last year they said 62 but this year said that with updated data they only just got they'd have said 9) and say, "What's wrong with that?"

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #10319 on: January 16, 2017, 10:50:14 pm »
I hurt my leg during a night terror and now I gotta use a walking stick