Author Topic: NYC condo says "front doors are for rich people"  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: NYC condo says "front doors are for rich people"
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 01:13:54 pm »
Maybe the White House should implement a "cunty rich fuck" tax. Think this is a good idea? Obama sends the New Black Panthers round to take 99% of your dosh.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 08:24:33 pm »
I'd rather not send the black version of [insert white supremacist group de jour here]...sends a bad message, ya know?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 09:21:31 pm »
I'm not particularly sure how this scheme is supposed to alleviate overcrowding and housing prices in the first place. I just don't see how having rich and poor people living in the same building is any more space efficient than separate buildings for each price range.

According to the article, it's a tax thing. They get tax credits of some sort for affordable housing.

I get that, I'm wondering why the government is issuing tax credits for that sort of thing in the first place.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 09:24:04 pm »
I'm not particularly sure how this scheme is supposed to alleviate overcrowding and housing prices in the first place. I just don't see how having rich and poor people living in the same building is any more space efficient than separate buildings for each price range.

According to the article, it's a tax thing. They get tax credits of some sort for affordable housing.

I get that, I'm wondering why the government is issuing tax credits for that sort of thing in the first place.

To entice people to do that sort of thing.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 09:29:57 pm »

...Seriously? Wow...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 09:41:54 pm »

...Seriously? Wow...

Turns out some people really don't like giving the government money.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 01:23:19 pm »
Dump a pile of horseshit in front of the front door.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 05:21:31 pm »
It's perverse, I know, but I find this mildly amusing.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 11:58:39 pm »
I honestly cannot believe that nobody has decided to violate the rule en masse. It would certainly be an incredibly interesting thing to have happen.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 08:45:11 am »
Instead of a sit-in, you'd have a walk-in.

I must now flagellate myself.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.