Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1654038 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #1785 on: December 22, 2012, 04:19:09 am »

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1786 on: December 23, 2012, 08:22:59 am »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #1787 on: December 23, 2012, 08:34:08 am »

^Because typically the Muslim girl doesn't have a choice in the matter, and stands a very real chance of being maimed or killed should she exhibit thoughts or actions that suggest otherwise. :-/ If you could be born a nun (as opposed to joining as a deliberate action taken by a willing participant), and the Catholic Church beheaded (or set fire to, or doused in acid, etc) nuns who attempted to leave the faith or even indicated nothing less than total submission to the will of the Church/their male family members, then maybe there might have been a relevant point somewhere in there.

For the record, I acknowledge that there are always exceptions, and I find the Catholic Church to be horrendous in it's own fashion so I'm explicitly NOT taking their side either.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1788 on: December 23, 2012, 08:36:04 am »

^Because typically the Muslim girl doesn't have a choice in the matter, and stands a very real chance of being maimed or killed should she exhibit thoughts or actions that suggest otherwise. :-/ If you could be born a nun (as opposed to joining as a deliberate action taken by a willing participant), and the Catholic Church beheaded (or set fire to, or doused in acid, etc) nuns who attempted to leave the faith or even indicated nothing less than total submission to the will of the Church/their male family members, then maybe there might have been a relevant point somewhere in there.

For the record, I acknowledge that there are always exceptions, and I find the Catholic Church to be horrendous in it's own fashion so I'm explicitly NOT taking their side either.
I'm pretty sure that only happens in places where fundamentalist Islam is the norm, not the exception.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1789 on: December 23, 2012, 08:38:58 am »

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #1790 on: December 23, 2012, 10:40:13 am »

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1791 on: December 23, 2012, 02:36:24 pm »

There are a number of willing converts who decide to cover their hair. In generally, the hair covering tends indicate a more willing participant in the exchange. Burqua are more the norm among intolerant fundies. Though there are those women who prefer it over just the hair garb. It really depends.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1792 on: December 23, 2012, 02:54:45 pm »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1793 on: December 23, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure that only happens in places where fundamentalist Islam is the norm, not the exception.
For teh record in Africa( except for Sudan) Pakistan and SE Asia aka where almost all Muslims live it's entirely a choice  no legal requirement
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 06:58:29 pm by kefkaownsall »

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1794 on: December 23, 2012, 04:59:39 pm »
I actually really like headscarves. I think they bring out the beauty of the face, and a lot of them have pretty patterns.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1795 on: December 23, 2012, 05:16:59 pm »
I actually really like headscarves. I think they bring out the beauty of the face, and a lot of them have pretty patterns.

I've seen some nice ones before. And yeah, they really do. I honestly am not a big hair person, but most hats don't look good on women.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1796 on: December 23, 2012, 06:37:58 pm »
relevant a pretty hijabi bride   

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #1797 on: December 23, 2012, 08:08:57 pm »
Moving away from headscarves but not religion, I found this on Tumblr:

'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Agni

• Bishop
  • Prōcrāstinātorum Prōcrāstinātricumque Rex
« Reply #1798 on: December 23, 2012, 08:18:12 pm »

The guy who drew this is a anti-science creationist.

Just sayin'.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1799 on: December 23, 2012, 08:19:02 pm »

The guy who drew this is a anti-science creationist.

Just sayin'.

What is his name?
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!