Community > Politics and Government

Best Political Cartoons

<< < (1273/1278) > >>

davedan:
That is so brilliant in so many ways.

The whole point of the windmills which Don Quixote was tilting at was that they weren't really a threat, so China, Censorship, Twitter, Facebook and Google aren't threats and Free Speech protection is deluded.

But how the fuck does a windmill run. The windmills picked up Don Quixote in the story and brained him. Presumably trump is safe from braining.

Skybison:
It's not even the only time Garrison's done that either

davedan:
Here's Garrison's response:

Who Knew the Left would Lose their minds over a “cartoon”

He who laughs last..laughs best

Apparently nobody read my post about Trump charging a windmill. They said I didn’t understand the Don Quixote metaphor. In my post I explained I did indeed understand it, but as an artist I’m free to take liberties with any metaphor I like.

This is the part where Ben speaks slowly so the mentally challenged Left can understand:

Trump was riding a strong steed and carried a lawsuit lance. He had the social media windmill on the chase.

Not exactly what Cervantes wrote, eh? No need to apologize to him since he’s been dead for centuries.

People knew I was bending the metaphor to communicate a point but they didn’t care.

They just used it as an excuse to attack Trump and his supporters. That’s their prerogative. That’s what they do.

Help us expose the Big Tech’s Censorship of Americans, every dollar helps keep GrrrGraphics online, we are totally funded by YOU! Click to donate today

For my next cartoon I will show Trump defeating the great white whale. Just kidding.

Askold:
So again, Garrison is a moron with delusions of grandieur.

When you bend a well known metaphor like that, you should know that people will not understand what you mean with it. Especially since your "I am totally doing this intentionally" explanation was separate from the cartoon and thus most people did not see it.

Cloud3514:
Of course it's not surprising in any sense of the word that Garrison is corncobbing over this. I don't believe for a second that he was missing the point intentionally. There's creative liberties and then there's reading something as literally the exact opposite of what the thing is saying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version